NAME THAT BOOK COMPETITION

leenorman

Knowing that I am trying desperately to put an end to this nearly seven-year research journey 'edition' of Lucille's 'diary'; which I fondly have named a chronology (since THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A DIARY IS) - this one without the exciting 'personal' things she might have added had she not lost her childhood diary in 1942; (never heard or read if she found it again, after putting up a war bond for its safe return; two war bonds for its return intact and locked) I wanted to finish it for her. I'm wondering if she ever started another diary.... oh, well, guess we will never know....

I'd like to have members of the LOUNGE suggest a name for my work: let's see what we can come up with....

My thought is of a front cover of Lucille looking over her shoulder (LaMarr has a wonderful one I'd just LOVE to get my hands on), and call it: 'LOOKING BACK'....a 'research' journal by Joyce R. Kellogg....

SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE .... and I'm serious about this.... Looking forward with great anticipation to friendly ideas....

Love, JK

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your "Looking Back" idea, JK, & have one suggestion. Consider including Lucy's name somewhere in the title for easier recognition that it is about her. As a Lucy fan, if I see a book with the name Lucy in the title, I always take a second look to see if it is about her :) . This would also make it easier for potential readers to search for it if they hear about the book but forget the title.

How about somthing like "Looking Back at Lucy"? Or "Looking Back at Lucy's Life"? Or alternately: "Lucy's Life: Looking Back"?

This just came to me: "The Lucy Chronicles: Dates, Places & Other Famous Faces". (I really like this one! :D )

Best of luck! So excited for you that all your hard work on this labor of love will soon be done B).

I vote for this one so far. Simple, catchy and to the point.

The DAYS of LUCY's life? You were right, there should be a way of including that great thing she always did, giving timepieces to everyone she cared about, with notes that said WILL ALWAYS HAVE TIME FOR YOU and other such niceties.

Loving this forum; thanks for entries; keep it up, please. Loving ALL suggestions so far; but, the cover won't be large enough, with her picture on it - should be a short title, don't you think? How about this: Lucille - Looking Back - Day By Day?

That's fine but it should be LUCY, which is what she was known as the world over, just one name, and that way it's SHORTER for your cover, LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

Best of luck! So excited for you that all your hard work on this labor of love will soon be done B).

I like your "Looking Back" idea, JK, & have one suggestion. Consider including Lucy's name somewhere in the title for easier recognition that it is about her. This just came to me: "The Lucy Chronicles: Dates, Places & Other Famous Faces".

I've been trying to think of a snappy 'come-back' for this 'hi-lighted' suggestion; and all, so far, have been set aside in my mind; since, don't you think that with Lucille's picture on the cover, maybe the artist's shot of her I want (looking over her shoulder, by LaMarr - are you listening, LaMarr?), as in 'looking back' would be enough without her name included in the title? since she is, without doubt, the most-pictured woman in the world for over 70, or so, years? Also love the 'dates, places, and other famous faces' idea.... we're getting 'closer' Thanks to ALL for your input; it's been a journey; and hope we can all enjoy it one day....SOON! Regards, JK

Archived