Lucy in London screening in LA

Neil

Is ANYONE from the board going to the grand unveiling of Lucy in London on Monday, because I am!

I heard tickets were gone but was able to wheedle and beg (and was prepared to cry if all else failed) and got one.

My back-up plan: rent a doorman's outfit and crash the premiere that way.......but then there would have been that gorilla to contend with.

Lord I hope there's no gorilla in sight, unless it's up on the screen for some reason! ;)

Yes, I'm planning to be there with bells on that night -- can't WAIT to see this on a big screen! -- and just a few nights later, Lucie & Desi Jr. doing their "tich 'em to rumba" routines! :D

Look forward to seeing -- hopefully -- many of the "usual suspects" from this board, and chief among them that would be Laura and her wundaful and talented hubby, Jimmy Garrett, the wundaful and talented "Rickee" and hopefully, several others.

Stay tuned! lucythrill.JPG

Lord I hope there's no gorilla in sight, unless it's up on the screen for some reason! ;)

....among them that would be Laura and her wundaful and talented hubby, Jimmy Garrett, the wundaful and talented "Rickee" and hopefully, several others.

Stay tuned! lucythrill.JPG

Not unless they mix up the 5th season reels and project "Mooney, the Monkey"

OOOHHH, so the Pasadena Trenton is THAT Laura Trenton!

Yes, I don't suppose Jimmy would want to attend this. Would bring back bad memories of his mother traipsing off to London while he's stuck doing field maneuvers at the military school. Not helping was the postcard he received "Dear Jimmy, they tell me I should write you something once a week. This is it. Love, Mom"

Not unless they mix up the 5th season reels and project "Mooney, the Monkey"

OOOHHH, so the Pasadena Trenton is THAT Laura Trenton!

Yes, I don't suppose Jimmy would want to attend this. Would bring back bad memories of his mother traipsing off to London while he's stuck doing field maneuvers at the military school. Not helping was the postcard he received "Dear Jimmy, they tell me I should write you something once a week. This is it. Love, Mom"

marionstrong.gif

I wish I could be there. It was so much fun to see the special on the big screen with a crowd of Lucy fans in Jamestown in 2005.

It was shown in jamestown? Do they have a good print of it?

Anthony Newley's singing: he sounds like the offspring of Frank Fontainne and Carol Channing.

And on the high notes: the noise made when you strangle a duck. I do like 'different' voices, though.

I think he's perfect in the special. I especially like the scene where he touts the advantages of the motorcycle sidecar.

Lucy in London was screened in Jamestown in 2005. Cleo introduced it. I don't remember what the quality of the print was. There were a lot of loungers there. Anyone else remember? I remember a lot of singing along during the title song. :lucythrill:

Anthony Newley's singing: he sounds like the offspring of Frank Fontainne and Carol Channing.

And on the high notes: the noise made when you strangle a duck. I do like 'different' voices, though.

I think he's perfect in the special. I especially like the scene where he touts the advantages of the motorcycle sidecar.

Like i told you in the e mail, Newley was very very popular at the time but loads of comics made fun of him, i did an imitation of him myself, he was very easy to "DO". BUT, Mr Joan Collins was given some terrific songs to make famous in those Broadway shows and his medley should have had more Lucy in it, that would have helped.

Lucy in London was screened in Jamestown in 2005. Cleo introduced it. I don't remember what the quality of the print was. There were a lot of loungers there. Anyone else remember? I remember a lot of singing along during the title song. :lucythrill:

I have no memory of this, and I was there in 2005. HELPing! Did I just skip this for a bigger name on the other line or somethin'??? Sheesh!!! I'd just done my Lucy In London rampage thru London (London, England :P ) recreating all the "then & now" scenes and poses.

I have no memory of this, and I was there in 2005. HELPing! Did I just skip this for a bigger name on the other line or somethin'??? Sheesh!!!

I remember you being there. Someone sitting next to me was singing Lucy's In London...then again, several of us were singing the song at key points throughout the weekend. :marionstrong:

I have no memory of this, and I was there in 2005. HELPing! Did I just skip this for a bigger name on the other line or somethin'??? Sheesh!!! I'd just done my Lucy In London rampage thru London (London, England :P ) recreating all the "then & now" scenes and poses.

You were there and sitting next to me. :marionstrong: I think people were impressed that you knew all the words to the title song. :D I remember the two of us ran into Lucie in the lobby right before. She and Zo were sitting in the back.

I was planning to attend but can no longer make it. :(

But I'm going to see "Tropicana Nights" on Friday with Lucie & Desi Jr.. :)

Anyway, I have a ticket for Monday night that will go unused. If anyone wants

it, e-mail me (Chris), and I'll give you the WILL CALL info.

theinsidepitch at sbcglobal dot net

I think it was the first event of the weekend following the Proclamation.

You're correct. I just pulled out my photo album where I have kept that years program. The Lucy in London screening was Friday at 1pm. I know I wan't there as we usually got into town around that time and I could never make it to anything before the fan reunion.

From what I gather, the itinerary for the evening on Monday, 12/5/11 at the LA Paley Center's salute to

LUCY IN LONDON will be:

1) The new 29 minute documentary (that is extremely well done and featured on S5 of TLS DVD, releasing on Tuesday, 12/6)

2) A short clip of The Lucy Show episode that the special spawned from

3) The actual special (GORGEOUS!!)

4) An interview with director, Steve Binder and writer Ron Friedman, followed by a short Q&A

Should be a wonderful evening!

LIL_Tease.jpg

Man, I'd love to be there

Me too!!! Soooo envious of our west coast Longers who will be attending this! Have a fantastic time and don't forget to report back every detail to those of us on the east coast (and in the midwest and abroad) living our dreary, uneventful lives! :lucythrill:

From what I gather, the itinerary for the evening on Monday, 12/5/11 at the LA Paley Center's salute to

LUCY IN LONDON will be:

1) The new 29 minute documentary (that is extremely well done and featured on S5 of TLS DVD, releasing on Tuesday, 12/6)

2) A short clip of The Lucy Show episode that the special spawned from

3) The actual special (GORGEOUS!!)

4) An interview with director, Steve Binder and writer Ron Friedman, followed by a short Q&A

Should be a wonderful evening!

LIL_Tease.jpg

Friggin' tease! lucythrill.JPG

I CAN'T WAIT!!!! marionstrong.gifmarionstrong.gifmarionstrong.gif

Archived