Post Ratings -- Should They Stay or Should They Go?

Brock

Should they stay or should they go  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Lucy Lounge abolish the post rating system?

• Yes
    • No
    • What the hell is the post rating system?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since a certain two individuals who shall remain nameless, like Taylor and Claude :lucythrill: , are grumbling about the + and - points system in another thread -- here comes the Lounge referendum! Vote accordingly.

The vote will close at 11:36 p.m. EST on December 21. ;)

Hey, i've got 249 of those damned things so why should i vote against them, i just wanted to support Taylor who got one and was upset by it, LOL! I think we need them for when someone makes a really bad comment about anything Lucyish. BUT, i know i have felt good when i got some and felt hurt when i got negative ones.

Hey, i've got 249 of those damned things so why should i vote against them, i just wanted to support Taylor who got one and was upset by it, LOL! I think we need them for when someone makes a really bad comment about anything Lucyish. BUT, i know i have felt good when i got some and felt hurt when i got negative ones.

I agree. Keep it for some a-hole who comes on here and calls Lucy a red-headed ho-bag, but just because some dummy can't take a joke or interprets something wrong doesn't mean they should get all minus happy. And now I'm gonna take me a Midol and eat some Ben & Jerry's cuz that's how I roll. Lol

I agree. Keep it for some a-hole who comes on here and calls Lucy a red-headed ho-bag, but just because some dummy can't take a joke or interprets something wrong doesn't mean they should get all minus happy. And now I'm gonna take me a Midol and eat some Ben & Jerry's cuz that's how I roll. Lol

CHILLIN' IS GOOD!!!! What B&J flavor? And....I prefer Aleve!

I didn't know there was post rating system. I voted to keep it.

At the bottom right of each post is a green circle and a red one, if you click on either it will add or substract a point in the person's REPUTATION. I got almost all of mine for posts praising Lucy in some spectacular way. I've given points for some very articulate comments by people or posts with loads of fascinating information and have posted negative ones to certain people for very mean and negative comments about Lucy.

I voted to keep the rating system. I think it's a nice way to compliment people for particularly interesting, articulate, and overall great posts. I don't think I've ever given anyone a negative rating, and if I did it would only be because the post was so rude or obnoxious it's totally past being funny. I know there are many people here with fabulous senses of humor who realize it's more fun when posts are a little bit spicy! ;) So I think if we take a deep breath when a post makes our blood cuddle and reserve negative ratings for totally mean and uncalled for Lucy and/or Lounger bashing, we can live happily ever after with the post ratings. :)

???

I see the + and - at the bottom of posts but never paid attention to what they are.

Will someone explain? I get the idea that we can throw in our 2 cents about someone's post. But towards what end?

Is your net positive tallied in some way?

Yes, and i lost loads of blood in some of those cuts myself, LOL! They DO hurt so that i now even prefer some of Joey's eye rolls, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

???

I see the + and - at the bottom of posts but never paid attention to what they are.

Will someone explain? I get the idea that we can throw in our 2 cents about someone's post. But towards what end?

Is your net positive tallied in some way?

If you click the + the member gets a point for a message. if you click the - the member loses a point. These points can be seen in a member's reputation when you click on their username. So far, Neil, you have 58 points!

At the bottom right of each post is a green circle and a red one, if you click on either it will add or substract a point in the person's REPUTATION. I got almost all of mine for posts praising Lucy in some spectacular way. I've given points for some very articulate comments by people or posts with loads of fascinating information and have posted negative ones to certain people for very mean and negative comments about Lucy.

Gawd , I never knew we can do this. It is sort of "I Like It" button that Facebook has except we can say "I Don't Like It" as well. I will utilize this button starting today.

Gawd , I never knew we can do this. It is sort of "I Like It" button that Facebook has except we can say "I Don't Like It" as well. I will utilize this button starting today.

We even used to have it for ourselves, our own posts i mean, but they changed that and took it away so nobody can give themselves any points. That's why NOW, our own posts show 0.

Archived