Post Ratings -- Should They Stay or Should They Go?

Brock

Should they stay or should they go  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Lucy Lounge abolish the post rating system?

• Yes
    • No
    • What the hell is the post rating system?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We even used to have it for ourselves, our own posts i mean, but they changed that and took it away so nobody can give themselves any points.

Yes, well, that had to be changed because one poster was going crazy giving themselves points for almost every post. :lucythrill:

Since a certain two individuals who shall remain nameless, like Taylor and Claude :lucythrill: , are grumbling about the + and - points system in another thread -- here comes the Lounge referendum! Vote accordingly.

The vote will close at 11:36 p.m. EST on December 21. ;)

I was the one who suggested they possibly be removed since feelings could be hurt by these things although I can see the good in them as well. I had no idea they were even on here until this recent uproar; how does one find out how many + or - you have received?

I haven't voted yet but am leaning toward removing them - it could get out of hand in a turf war or other internet drama.

I agree. Keep it for some a-hole who comes on here and calls Lucy a red-headed ho-bag, but just because some dummy can't take a joke or interprets something wrong doesn't mean they should get all minus happy. And now I'm gonna take me a Midol and eat some Ben & Jerry's cuz that's how I roll. Lol

Well hopefully if some troll comes on board and starts trashing Lucy just for a response, hopefully they will be immediately banned and their posts will be removed, that would be better than just giving their comments a - rating.

Hmm. Wonder who that was....LMAO.

The person in question has gone into self-imposed exile, apparently.

I had no idea they were even on here until this recent uproar; how does one find out how many + or - you have received?

Just click on your username above your avatar and look where it says "Reputation". :)

Yes, well, that had to be changed because one poster was going crazy giving themselves points for almost every post. :lucythrill:

Oh come on, wasn't ME was it? And please be honest here. Oh ok, never mind, just saw your reply and you say it was the person recently gone in exile so that was mikidiki huh?

So far, Neil, you have 58 points!

WELL! (pronounced like Mrs. Trumball in "No Children Allowed") THANKS for the Phoebe Emerson-esque encouragement, Mr. 122, but my 'mizzly' 58 is only slightly higher than my CQ.

And if anything but tranquilizin', right-on CLAUDE has 254 :o , this tallying system has more holes than a 2000 Florida presidential election ballot!

WELL! (pronounced like Mrs. Trumball in "No Children Allowed") THANKS for the Phoebe Emerson-esque encouragement, Mr. 122, but my 'mizzly' 58 is only slightly higher than my CQ.

And if anything but tranquilizin', right-on CLAUDE has 254 :o , this tallying system has more holes than a 2000 Florida presidential election ballot!

Now listen, i have given YOU more points than anyone else i think for what i found were posts that brought back memories, were insightful and gave me more reason to be on this board in the first place, so appreciate how beloved you are here as being a bit older than the norm, you remember some of the times that we always refer to. When i'm long dead and gone, you'll all be saying REMEMBER THAT OLD COOT WHO USED TO RAMBLE ON AND ON ABOUT LUCY AND HATED CONSERVATIVES SO MUCH?

BUT Neil, look how much i posted to get those 254 points, i post at least 30 times a day and although some are short and sweet, boring, or of no interest to anyone but me, many of them praise the same things that any Lucy fan likes and like i always saym, i've forgotten more than Harry, Brock or even YOU remember or know.

appreciate how beloved you are here as being a bit older than the norm,

I HOPE you're not referring to 'Crosby'!!

I'm just teasin', ya know. Was unaware of this ratings thing. My paltry "Life with Lucy"-like number doesn't bother me.

But let me get this straight again: your number is the net of your positives minus negatives?

How are we to know which of our posts get negative comments?

And a negative is just a matter of hitting the minus sign? You don't leave a comment? If not, how are we of the 'old coot' school supposed to know what there is about our ramblings that bore the pants off these youngsters?

(Youngster definition: anyone under 40)

I HOPE you're not referring to 'Crosby'!!

I'm just teasin', ya know. Was unaware of this ratings thing. My paltry "Life with Lucy"-like number doesn't bother me.

But let me get this straight again: your number is the net of your positives minus negatives?

How are we to know which of our posts get negative comments?

And a negative is just a matter of hitting the minus sign? You don't leave a comment? If not, how are we of the 'old coot' school supposed to know what there is about our ramblings that bore the pants off these youngsters?

(Youngster definition: anyone under 40)

LOL! You know the negatives by the red minus sign that appears there, instead of a green positive and trust me, i've gotten some real woppers in red but yes, i have loads in the bank so they barely affected my overall rating, LOL! I still say i got the most plusses for very warmhearted thoughts about our lady of Beverly Hills. And isn't that why we are all HERE?

Hi everyone. Now that I know what it is, I just voted to get rid of it. It seems very judgemental & high school-ish to me. I like everyone here, & enjoy reading posts even though I don't always agree with them. The discussions are interesting, & usually backed up with the reasons WHY a person has a certain Lucy viewpoint. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have missed out on hitting the plus button for so many posts since I joined the Lounge -- especially the ones that made me laugh! -- that it just doesn't seem fair to start now. The fact that it is anonymous & has already caused hurt feelings is reason enough in my book to get rid of it. If it stays I'll continue to ignore it :lucythrill: . Sometimes I don't have much time to be here & would rather read than remember to rate posts.

We all have different opinions but we all love Lucy -- can't we just leave it at that? :)

(PS -- I don't know how the whole friend invitation thing works either so if you have friend-ed me here & I didn't respond it's because I didn't know how or even if I was supposed to respond. Just assume we are friends :D ! Hey, if you're here you're a Lucy fan, which automatically makes you a friend in my book! :D )

Hi everyone. Now that I know what it is, I just voted to get rid of it. It seems very judgemental & high school-ish to me. I like everyone here, & enjoy reading posts even though I don't always agree with them. The discussions are interesting, & usually backed up with the reasons WHY a person has a certain Lucy viewpoint. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I have missed out on hitting the plus button for so many posts since I joined the Lounge -- especially the ones that made me laugh! -- that it just doesn't seem fair to start now. The fact that it is anonymous & has already caused hurt feelings is reason enough in my book to get rid of it. If it stays I'll continue to ignore it :lucythrill: . Sometimes I don't have much time to be here & would rather read than remember to rate posts.

We all have different opinions but we all love Lucy -- can't we just leave it at that? :)

(PS -- I don't know how the whole friend invitation thing works either so if you have friend-ed me here & I didn't respond it's because I didn't know how or even if I was supposed to respond. Just assume we are friends :D ! Hey, if you're here you're a Lucy fan, which automatically makes you a friend in my book! :D )

But nobody is telling anybody they have to stop and post a rating on any post, it's just to be able to do it when someone REALLY makes you laugh out loud or gives a view that you respect and agree with and when they say something really bad, it's nice to let them know what they said was bad. OH, SO THAT'S WHY IT TOOK A WHILE FOR YOU TO AGREE TO BE MY FRIEND THEN HUH? lol!

Archived