Lucy A - Z -- E!

Brock

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In honor of HIS birthday:

James Farentino b. 2/24/38 d. 01/24/12

James Farentino, actor, 89 films, of Dynasty and Melrose Place fame; Desi Arnaz co-star, The Virginian “The Best Man”, 1970; as well as TV movie, Who Gets The Friends?, with Lucie Arnaz, 1988, is born this date in 1938.

Seaman Jacobs b. 2/25/12 d. 4/8/08

Seaman Jacobs,, writer, many Bob Hope Specials's, at which Lucille Ball was in attendance over the years; writer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Favorite Martian “How to Be a Hero Without Really Trying”, 1963, with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) My Three Sons, 3 episodes, 1963-64; writer, The Lucy Show, “Lucy and the Starmaker”, 1967; writer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Family Affair, 1 episode, 1967; writer, Desi Arnaz' Productions, The Mothers-In-Law, 5 episodes, 1967-68; writer, (“Here’s Lucy”), “Lucy and the Little Old Lady”, 1969; “Lucy and Harry’s Italian Bombshell”, 1971; “Lucy and the Generation Gap”, and “Lucy's Replacement”, 1972; “Lucy, The Sheriff”, 1974; and Lucille-directed, Bungle Abbey, 1981, is born this date in 1912.

IN HONOR OF BILL'S 125TH BIRTHDAY:

William Frawley b. 2/26/1887 d. 3/3/66

William Clement Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), who claims to have introduced the song Melancholy Baby, at Mozart Cafe, Denver, in 1912; (in 1957 album, William Frawley Sings the Old Ones); and, reportedly, introduced My Mammy to vaudeville audiences before Al Jolson sang it; formed a light-comedy act with wife, Edna, Frawley and Louise, touring the Orpheum and Keith circuits until their divorce in 1927; signed his Paramount contract in 1932; was one of the most-recognized actor faces in the 1930s and 1940s, a consummate professional, from Vaudeville to the Broadway stage, durable character actor of 100+ films prior to (“I Love Lucy”); Lucille Ball early-film career co-star, RKO-Radio, Roberta, 1935; MGM’s, Ziegfeld Follies, 1946; appears with Lucille and Desi, and Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), Toast of the Town, 1954; stars as the legendary (Lucy's Fred Mertz) the entire run of the series - 170+ episodes; guest star, with Vance; Desilu Productions', Shower of Stars “High Pitch”, 1955; guest, (“I Love Lucy”) Christmas Show, 1956; star, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, The Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Show, and Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, as Fred Mertz – 1957-60; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Red Skelton Show, 1958; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Desilu Revue”, 1959; appears, with Lucille guesting, This is Your Life: William Frawley, 1961; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, My Living Doll, as Detective Gladwin, “Doctor Is In”, 1964; his last TV appearance on The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Countess Have a Horse Guest”; 1965; mentioned in 1992 biography, Who's Who in Comedy?, by Ronald L. Smith, pp. 168,9; and by archival footage: CBS Salutes Lucy: The First 25 Years, 1976; American Masters “Finding Lucy”, 2000; as well as (“I Love Lucy”) 50th Anniversary Special, 2001; stars, with Vance, in television Public Service Announcement (PSA), for the United States, using digitally-edited footage from (“I Love Lucy”), 2006-07; is born to Michael A. and Mary E. Brady Frawley, in Burlington, Iowa, this date in 1887.

Well, if you insist on using the inside e's now, i submit my own name then, C L A U D "E", her all time biggest fan for over 57 years now.

INSIST????

Some of the 'stuff' I've seen HERE representing the letters of the alphabet to sneak in a 'post', in lieu of Brock's 'suggestion' for forum, is laughable....

In honor of his birthday:

William Demarest, b. 2/27/1892 c. 12/28/83

William Demarest, co-star, uncredited, with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Great Ziegfeld, 1936; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, Columbia’s, Fugitive Lady, 1934; RKO Radio’s, Don’t Tell The Wife, 1937, and Paramount Pictures’, Sorrowful Jones, 1949, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 5 episodes, 1957-61; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Desilu Revue”, 1959, guest, Desilu Productions', Here’s Hollywood, 1961, guest, The Greatest Show on Earth “Rosetta”, 1964; took over as Uncle Charley, My Three Sons, after William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), Bub O’Casey, retired, is born this date in 1892.

Vincente Minnelli,b. 2/28/03 d. 7/25/86

Vincente Minnelli, husband, Judy Garland, and Liza Minnelli - father/director; close personal friend of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz, director, The Great Ziegfeld, Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), uncredited star, 1936; director, Lucille, William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz), co-stars, Ziegfeld Follies, 1946, and director, Arnazes, The Long, Long Trailer, 1954; as well as with Lucille and Desi, American Masters: Judy Garland: By Myself, 1983; is born this date in 1903.

In honor of HER (Leap Year) Birthday:

Dinah Shore b. 2/29/16 d. 2/24/94

Dinah Shore, leap-year baby, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 2 episodes, 1957-58; with Lucille Ball, Desi, IV, and Keith Thibodeaux (“I Love Lucy” Little Ricky) guests, The Dinah Shore Chevy Show, 1960, Lucille guest, (“Here’s Lucy”) “Someone’s on The Ski Lift With Dinah”, 1971; with Desi Arnaz, IV, Salute to Oscar Hammerstein II, 1972; with Lucille and Desi Arnaz, IV, on TV-The Fabulous Fifties, 1978; Lucille appears on Dinah! 1974 & 1975, as well as in a rare interview ‘appearance’, with Vivian Vance (Lucy’s Ethel Mertz) making ‘visit’ to both Dinah and Lucille; with Lucille, again in 1976 and 1977 on Dinah!; with Lucille, The Bob Hope American Youth Awards, 1979; with Lucille, co-hostess, The 33rd Annual Prime Time Emmy Awards, 1981; with Lucille and others, Bob Hope Special: Women I Love: Beautiful, But Funny, 1982, with Lucie Arnaz and Lucille; Night of 100 Stars II, 1985, with Lucille, NBC’s Happy Birthday, Bob, Hope’s 85th birthday and his 50th Anniversary with NBC, 1988; with Lucille, archivally, Entertaining the Troops, 1994, as well as with Desi and Lucille, via archival footage, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, is born this date in 1916.

In honor of his birthday:

William Demarest, b. 2/27/1892 c. 12/28/83

William Demarest, co-star, uncredited, with Vivian Vance (Lucy's Ethel Mertz), The Great Ziegfeld, 1936; Lucille Ball early film-career co-star, Columbia’s, Fugitive Lady, 1934; RKO Radio’s, Don’t Tell The Wife, 1937, and Paramount Pictures’, Sorrowful Jones, 1949, guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, 5 episodes, 1957-61; guest, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse “The Desilu Revue”, 1959, guest, Desilu Productions', Here’s Hollywood, 1961, guest, The Greatest Show on Earth “Rosetta”, 1964; took over as Uncle Charley, My Three Sons, after William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz), Bub O’Casey, retired, is born this date in 1892.

It's supposed to S T A R T with an E honeypie. You're cheating, which is so ME. So thErE's mine: You'rE chEating, which is so mE, how's that?

Archived