Cleveland High School Shooting 7/30 a.m. E.S.T.

leenorman

Cleveland, OH (about 140 miles west from here) j-

Just a quick comment - glued to the television for a second day - away from the chronology - trying to get this Lounge replied to in appropriate places. running back and forth between pc and tv:

Parents are being allowed in to the school to 'collect' their children - this is MID-WINTER - parents are leaving school , bundled up in their winter coats, with hoodies - with their children; the children being 'collected' with no personal items other than what they had on when they were shut down, are coming out - some in shorts - no sweaters; no coats, etc. you get the idea, the parents are warm; the children, obviously, in shock, are without outergarments - I AM INCENSED!!!! To say the least! That's the difference between when I, and mine, grew up and today. I would have stripped down to underwear to give my children warmth in that situation....ANYONE????

Then, the local news affiliate, on scene, interviewing, and asking the same 'stupid' questions (they KNOW won't be answered), OVER, OVER, OVER, OVER, AGAIN; finally, find someone (some of the children) who will talk....

a student, obviously, well-endowed, with low-cut shirt on, the camera is lodged somewhere between the girls for effect!!!! HONESTLY, THERE IS TOO MUCH THAT SHOULD BE CORRECTED ABOUT THESE TYPES OF SITUATIONS - A KID IN SHOCK, ANSWERING QUESTIONS, AND THEY ARE SHOWING HER GIRLS TO THE PUBLIC - WHAT WILL HER LOVED ONES THINK WHEN THIS PIECE IS SHOWN A THOUSAND TIMES IN THE NEXT CUPPLA DAYS! I'M EVEN FURTHER INCENSED!!!! The boys who are interviewed, however, they are aiming the camera at their face(s) for interview!!!!

Whomever held that camera should be fired; it wasn't the interviewer, as you can see the mike stuck in the student's face; it was the cameraperson!

Second one has passed overnight; not sure if it's the one claimed 'braindead' or another of the 4 remaining -

Three of five are now passed; a fourth, the female, I believe, has been allowed to go home with her family as of yesterday afternoon; the other, I believe, still critical.

That's not what I really wanted to say, though; and call me biased, since my husband was career law enforcement; but, this young man, insane, troubled, abused, or NOT! has requested, and it's been allowed by all parties, judge, defense and prosecutor - that he or his family will not be photographed, full face!!!! Now, REALLY, HE HAS lost all rights, except to remain silent; that's the way I thought it was; no criminal, especially, a murderer, who has recounted each of his steps to killing those children, who he apparently did NOT know; crazy, yeh, like a FOX! I believe he will be judged an adult; and if he doesn't get death, never come out of prison - mental ward, or lock-up prison - but; JEEZZZZZZZZ, doesn't want to be photographed..... I believe in my heart, he just wanted to get away from his parents; be 'taken care of by the system', and this was the 'WAY' to do it....

I do apologize for this biased posting; but...... guess I'm really NOT sorry....

Three of five are now passed; a fourth, the female, I believe, has been allowed to go home with her family as of yesterday afternoon; the other, I believe, still critical.

That's not what I really wanted to say, though; and call me biased, since my husband was career law enforcement; but, this young man, insane, troubled, abused, or NOT! has requested, and it's been allowed by all parties, judge, defense and prosecutor - that he or his family will not be photographed, full face!!!! Now, REALLY, HE HAS lost all rights, except to remain silent; that's the way I thought it was; no criminal, especially, a murderer, who has recounted each of his steps to killing those children, who he apparently did NOT know; crazy, yeh, like a FOX! I believe he will be judged an adult; and if he doesn't get death, never come out of prison - mental ward, or lock-up prison - but; JEEZZZZZZZZ, doesn't want to be photographed..... I believe in my heart, he just wanted to get away from his parents; be 'taken care of by the system', and this was the 'WAY' to do it....

I do apologize for this biased posting; but...... guess I'm really NOT sorry....

What pisses me off is when people describe these messed-up kids as "extremely quiet," "a loner," etc. I was that way in high school and I was bullied too. Did you see me getting a gun and shooting kids (although I did have revenge fantasies, don't get me wrong)?? I had a social anxiety disorder and other problems. This kid and others like them give quiet ones a bad rap and I'm sick of the media portraying it as a bad thing to be aloof. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

What pisses me off is when people describe these messed-up kids as "extremely quiet," "a loner," etc. I was that way in high school and I was bullied too. Did you see me getting a gun and shooting kids (although I did have revenge fantasies, don't get me wrong)?? I had a social anxiety disorder and other problems. This kid and others like them give quiet ones a bad rap and I'm sick of the media portraying it as a bad thing to be aloof. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

Just wanted to comment about your 'prior' posting and my reply, the one remaining in the hospital, is brain-dead....

Ok, so the girl was the only one who survived, right?

YES....I believe so! That doesn't mean she's ALRIGHT! Just that she IS HOME.... What will the rest of HER life be like? She will probably have to testify, if she is able; she will always be the ONE who survived; she will always have THAT with her!!!! Were it me, I'd probably be 'secretly' praying for death....

I've had it described to me, PTS is worse that the 'event(s)' that caused the condition.

Archived