Katharine Hepburn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally -- some new material from Katie's Corner:

"This is like climbing on top of Debbie Reynolds."

The voice is great, but there's still a bit of Judy Garland in the LOOK, more Hepburn please, and the interpretation is excellent though the material not perfect.

I think it's excellent considering the entire thing is improvised. Imagine what she could do with a script! The calla lillies might be in bloom again all over the joint! lol

Sorry, had no idea it was all improvised, then it was great. And the voice just perfect, he outdoes Marty Short and keeps it going in a constant REAL manner.

• 5 months later...

I recently recorded The Madwoman of Chaillot when TCM aired it a few weeks ago. It is one of the few Kate movies I hadn't seen and I'm trying my damndest to get through it -- started it last night, have no idea what I'm watching, and not sure if I like it, but I can't say I'm not intrigured! LOL

I recently recorded The Madwoman of Chaillot when TCM aired it a few weeks ago. It is one of the few Kate movies I hadn't seen and I'm trying my damndest to get through it -- started it last night, have no idea what I'm watching, and not sure if I like it, but I can't say I'm not intrigured! LOL

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. It's certainly a very intriguing film. It has a great cast and great cinematography, but it certainly is...unusual. Lucy was actually first choice (or at least a very early choice) for Kate's role.

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. It's certainly a very intriguing film. It has a great cast and great cinematography, but it certainly is...unusual. Lucy was actually first choice (or at least a very early choice) for Kate's role.

Make my review exactly the same as you two, hated the damned thing.

• 2 months later...

If anyone is in New York in the next couple of months, the Lincoln Center Library has a fantastic exhibition of Katharine Hepburn's clothes and memorabilia. Included is Hepburn's costume from the calla lilies scene from Stage Door as well as costumes from Adam's Rib, State of the Union, Long Day's Journey into Night, Love Among the Ruins, Coco, and the stage versions of The Philadelphia Story and Without Love. There's lots of other great costumes, memorabilia, awards, letters, drawings, and miscellaneous. The exhibit, which is free, runs until January 12.

Kent State is hosting a Katharine Hepburn exhibit that looks simply stunning! Best part? Kent State is just 3 hours away and I have to take something of a business trip to that area anyway!

http://www.kent.edu/museum/exhibits/exhibitdetail.cfm?customel_datapageid_2203427=2234961

I just noticed this post. The Lincoln Center exhibit is a somewhat expanded version of the Kent State exhibition. Did you get to see it at Kent State, Robbie?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

There was a wonderful documentary on TV Ontario this past evening on Kate Hepburn -- a British import, apparently -- and this is how you do a good biography in this day in age. Great interviews, great use of clips, and very good production values. Not sure if this video will work internationally, but give it a whirl:

http://tvo.org/video/211750/katharine-hepburn-great-kate

Mundy Hepburn, complete with extended shots of his spice rack and half-full Mrs. Butterworth bottle, seems like a very interesting individual.

Archived