Davy Jones

PasadenaTrenton

I just saw this, how sad!!! :( :( :( Just called my mom to tell her, as she was a big Monkees fan growing up. Got "I'm a Believer" stuck in my head. Poor Davy. Gone much too soon. Laura, I think I remember who you're talking about. Wasn't there a girl on Sitcoms Online who said she was Davy's niece?

When Lucy won her Emmys for The Lucy show, The Monkees won for best situation comedy one of those years. I never missed the show but it didn't run too long. It was so different from anything we had ever seen before. Davy was my favorite and i was glad when i saw they were touring lately, wihout one member whose mother was the Whiteout heiress and he didn't need the money to tour with them. Davy sang great and they had many hit songs, the whole show looked like they were clones of the Beatles and their style of moviemaking. Much too young and yes, another heart attack at 66.

Sad. Another "barometer" of youth that is no more. Such a more innocent time!! And only 66...so awful, how truly awful for his family, friends and loved ones. Ugh!

Thanks for the memories, Davy. Rest in peace.

-_-

I wonder if I'm the one of the only few guys in my 20s who knows who Davy Jones is. That's what I said about Liz Taylor but a lot of kids of my generation and even younger knew who she was.

I was shocked when I heard the news. I didn't see it coming at all. The last I heard, Davy looked healthy and seemed to be doing just fine. It is funny how life can be at times. You just never know.

On a lighter note - it is kind of cool that he passed away on a day that comes around every four years - February 29th.

So sad to hear of his passing. I read a report that said he was complaining about chest pains yesterday and that he had the heart attack in his sleep.

He will be remembered for "The Monkees" which are being shown on Saturday and Sunday afternoons on AntennaTV. Also, his guest spot on "The Brady Bunch". I am guessing that he was on there as Davy Jones the teen idol for Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!

Very sad news. :( I've loved The Monkees almost as long as I can remember. My cousin and I used to always sing their theme song around the dinner table at family get togethers, much to grandparental chagrin, before moving onto the rest of their songbook. R.I.P. Davy.

Joe posted this announcement on The Lucy Lounge thread "Whats on part2" of the marathon of "The Monkees" on "AntennaTV"!!!!:

http://www.lucylounge.com/index.php?/topic/1306-whats-on-part-2

It is very unusual for this new cable station to change their normal schedule to do a tribute marathon to Davey Jones. I am very happy that they are doing this!!! (clapping my hands) :HALKING:

Archived