TWO SMART PEOPLE (1946) on DVD

Shemp

Hooray! I haven't watched this movie in a very long time. Even though it's not one of her best, I'm glad that slowly but surely so many of Lucy's movies are becoming available on DVD!

Well, they're almost done with her shows so now it's normal they'll start concentrating on her many movies. Can't wait to get it either.

This is one of the ones I saw long ago and rediscovered it. This is one of those just to watch to see how beautiful she was.

Now i want them to concentrate on Lover Come Back, i'm dying to see that one again. Not the Doris Day one with the same title that TCM shows all the time, but Lucy's LCB.

How bout showin some pics to prove that? :peachonthebeach:

Here are some promo videos from the Warner Archive:

For the record, I'll say Lover Come Back and DuBarry were probably her VERY best looks, but Lucy herself seems most comfortable on film with the TSP look, outfits, etc.

For the record, I'll say Lover Come Back and DuBarry were probably her VERY best looks, but Lucy herself seems most comfortable on film with the TSP look, outfits, etc.

My god she's downright SMOLDERING in this! Gotta get it! lucycoy.JPG

Gorgeous LOOK, yes, beautiful outfits, sure, but i just hated it when she used Campbell's soup cans as curlers for her hair. Looks so fake, nice but not real. Ann Millerish. Nancy Reaganosh.

Some trivia here: When Robert Osborne was in Jamestown, he told me that Lucy once told him that the only man she would have left Desi for was John Hodiak, he co-star in this film.

Robert Osborne was interviewed a couple of years ago and said that two different actresses said that they would have left their husbands for co-stars John Hodiak and George Sanders. He didn't say these women had affairs with them, just that they thought the men were charming and attractive. One told him this around 1960 and the other around 2000. I figured Lucy was the first one. I'm convinced the other one is Angela Lansbury!

Robert Osborne was interviewed a couple of years ago and said that two different actresses said that they would have left their husbands for co-stars John Hodiak and George Sanders. He didn't say these women had affairs with them, just that they thought the men were charming and attractive. One told him this around 1960 and the other around 2000. I figured Lucy was the first one. I'm convinced the other one is Angela Lansbury!

Well Lucy had an affair with George Sanders, no? I'm thinking she totally hit that too (Hodiak). :marionstrong:

And I don't see how any guy would want to get with Lansbury. She looked like a bulldog with hair.

Well Lucy had an affair with George Sanders, no? I'm thinking she totally hit that too (Hodiak). :marionstrong:

And I don't see how any guy would want to get with Lansbury. She looked like a bulldog with hair.

She still does, but a very old bulldog, drooling and with loads of fleas. Very old fleas.

Yeah, Lucy and angie, always after the same men, the same parts.

Archived