Here's Lucy... what's goin on?

Episodes where Lucy gets fired:

"Lucy Protects Her Job" - Harry fires Lucy after trying to be nice too her, but she annoys him too much.

"Lucy and Carol Burnett" (third season) - They don't say why she was fired.

"Won't You Calm Down, Dan Dailey?" - Harry fires her after he overhears Lucy skipped work and went to the beach when he was out of town.

"Lucy's Replacement" - Harry replaces Lucy with Expo III.

"With Viv As a Friend, Who Needs an Enemy?" - Lucy quits when Harry fires her, but she says she'll say she was fired so she can collect unemployment.

Lucy tries to get fired in "Lucy's Vacation," but doesn't. Kim says that Lucy's been fired fourteen times before.

Harry threatens to fire Lucy in "Lucy Goes On Her Last Blind Date" if she doesn't go out with cousin Ben and in "Goodbye, Mrs. Hips" if any of the girls eat his food (he also threatens bodily harm).

Lucy lost her job in "Lucy and Harry's Memoirs" and "Meanwhile, Back at the Office" when Harry sold the business.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some!

It sure seems like more....

and speaking of question answerings.

What qualifies one as an FAQ?

Asked by whom?

Of whom?

And just an FYI, if your publisher is Dorrance and Company and they want to use portions of your book to 'head up a chapter' in another book, don't even ask! Just cash the check!

It sure seems like more....

and speaking of question answerings.

What qualifies one as an FAQ?

Asked by whom?

Of whom?

And just an FYI, if your publisher is Dorrance and Company and they want to use portions of your book to 'head up a chapter' in another book, don't even ask! Just cash the check!

:marionstrong:

The book is part of a series called "FAQ" that the publishing company has. Other subjects of books in the series include The Beatles, the Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, and U2. One of these things is not like the others. :lol: There really are no questions asked in the book. If the reader has their own question, they should hopefully be able to find the answer in the book. The book covers Lucy as a television star, movie star, studio head, singer, and person in general, as well as information on her associates. The book could have been called "Lucille Ball: People, Places, and Things" since it has an emphasis on people, places, and things associated with Lucy. :)

I've been making copies of the 2 RG Brown episodes for my neighbor, so I watched a few around the dates those two aired. I have a Here's Lucy trivia question. Does anyone know just how many times Lucy was fired or quit her job with Harry? It seems to be a VERY common theme.

Neil: Trying to 'track down' RG Brown, for information for the chronology: can you expand on the 'name'? I cannot even find him on IMDb, and they have everything. At least give me the episodes he appeared in. Thanks....JK

The book covers Lucy as a television star, movie star, studio head, singer, and person in general, as well as information on her associates. The book could have been called "Lucille Ball: People, Places, and Things" since it has an emphasis on people, places, and things associated with Lucy. :)

Sounds like it's going to be a great book!! Looking forward to reading it! :fabrary:

Neil: Trying to 'track down' RG Brown, for information for the chronology: can you expand on the 'name'? I cannot even find him on IMDb, and they have everything. At least give me the episodes he appeared in. Thanks....JK

Here's RG on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0114457/

He was in "Lucy's Replacement" and "Eva Gabor/Hospital Roomies". Seems to me he was in more variety shows than are listed here. I'll bet his appearances on Andy Williams show were on the "funny" version that ran from 69 to 71. Andy's 62-66 show had more concentration on music.

Here's RG on imdb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0114457/

He was in "Lucy's Replacement" and "Eva Gabor/Hospital Roomies". Seems to me he was in more variety shows than are listed here. I'll bet his appearances on Andy Williams show were on the "funny" version that ran from 69 to 71. Andy's 62-66 show had more concentration on music.

MANY THANKS.....jk

• 8 months later...

Boy.. we kinda go on tangents on these threads don't we?? ( I love that we do) but.. speaking of errors.. I want to know why we have a LINCOLN CONTNENTAL for Ernie Kovacks to ride around in, but when LUCY is driving, and enters the hotel, you can clearly see a CADILLAC behind her.. then later when she checks the motor to see if it is "missing".. presto.. It has turned back into a LINCOLN again! Whaa?? How do things like that happen?? Surely back then they could tell the difference between the two cars.. oh well.. guess it will be one of the unanswered questions from LUCY LAND that I will have to ponder forever! Maybe she parked the Continental somewhere else and a Cadillac just happend to be in that parking spot by the door... (see I have to makeup my own backstory!) My LUCY LAND is full of pondering! Like what happened to FRED the DOG?? He is in the final episode of ILL, but no where in site durring TLDCH.. and how come Mrs. Carmichael has to work for Mr. Mooney when she has a trust fund, how come she never calls her kids?? How come she and Carol Burnett sing in a band and later try to land jobs as stewardesses for an airline and then she goes back to work at the bank??? HOW'S this for a TANGENT?

Like what happened to FRED the DOG?? He is in the final episode of ILL, but no where in site durring TLDCH..

Maybe Ethel ate him. You know what that country air did for her appetite. ;)

.. and how come Mrs. Carmichael has to work for Mr. Mooney when she has a trust fund

Because she could never get money OUT of her trust fund no matter how hard she wheedled, cajoled, cried, etc...as per the terms of her late husband's will. LOL

how come she never calls her kids??

I think the bigger question is what happened to Jerry at military school to cause him to go into the witness protection program and change his name to Jimmy.

How come she and Carol Burnett sing in a band and later try to land jobs as stewardesses for an airline...

Well, in fairness, the "Carol" that Carol Burnett played in the double episode where she sings in the band is a different "Carol" character that the one that joins Lucy in stewardess school. Carol Bradford and Carol Tilford. It's all very technical! :lucythrill: :lucythrill:

Maybe Ethel ate him. You know what that country air did for her appetite. ;)

Because she could never get money OUT of her trust fund no matter how hard she wheedled, cajoled, cried, etc...as per the terms of her late husband's will. LOL

I think the bigger question is what happened to Jerry at military school to cause him to go into the witness protection program and change his name to Jimmy.

Well, in fairness, the "Carol" that Carol Burnett played in the double episode where she sings in the band is a different "Carol" character that the one that joins Lucy in stewardess school. Carol Bradford and Carol Tilford. It's all very technical! :lucythrill::lucyhorror::lucyshock::lucydaze::lucywow::lucyeww::lucy2:

Good work, Inspector Weir.

I think LUCY ran over FRED the dog with the Ramsey's power mower!... Also.. just got SEASON 4 of HERE'S LUCY... I like it sooooooooo MUCH more than the first 3 SEASONS... anyone care to share their fav or least fav seasons of HERE'S LUCY??

I agree! The show gets better and better as it goes on, season four is definitely my favorite right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived