Anyone have pics from the recreated I Love Lucy sets?

I would love to see pictures of the recreated sets of ILL that are now in the Lucy-Desi Museum. Anyone catch them when they were on tour in the early 2000's (?) or while visiting the Lucy-Desi Museum recently? Would love to see that and any other pics you've taken while visiting the museum.

You're not technically supposed to take pictures in the museum, though during my last visit there was no staff present inside either exhibit to put a stop to it. If I can find it, I'll share the few pics I took (though, none of them are of the sets).

Oh is that right? That's a bummer. Not even the sets? How weird. With the artifacts section, I can see how they can be against it since the flash can really fade the items--but even at Graceland they allow photography just no flash. But with the recreated sets--they're not even the original items...dont' see why fans can't take a picture. In a perfect world, I'd love to take a pic of me sitting on the couch or the desk or something. But I'm pretty sure they have the whole set roped off or something. I wish it was slightly more interactive for fans.

Oh is that right? That's a bummer. Not even the sets? How weird. With the artifacts section, I can see how they can be against it since the flash can really fade the items--but even at Graceland they allow photography just no flash. But with the recreated sets--they're not even the original items...dont' see why fans can't take a picture. In a perfect world, I'd love to take a pic of me sitting on the couch or the desk or something. But I'm pretty sure they have the whole set roped off or something. I wish it was slightly more interactive for fans.

Screw that, I'm totally taking pics when I go there. They probably want you to buy their crappy postcards in the gift shop with the same pic or something. :marionstrong:

Screw that, I'm totally taking pics when I go there. They probably want you to buy their crappy postcards in the gift shop with the same pic or something. :marionstrong:

Lol, some of the postcards I bought there in '03 are actually pretty nice and show items that aren't being displayed. (Hey, anyone know where Lucy's car is?) But yeah, if you want your own pics I say go for it, there were literally no staff in the exhibits when I went. Probably why one of the huge TV Guide plaque things was all crooked and about to fall. :-P And, anyone pay much attention to the items decorating the sets? I don't remember that set of Pyrex bowls being in the Ricardo's apartment but they looked nice for the exhibit.

There's signs in the Playhouse that say not to take pictures of the sets due to copyright laws and CBS, but I took pics anyway. I'll try to find them and post them.

I would love to see pictures of the recreated sets of ILL that are now in the Lucy-Desi Museum. Anyone catch them when they were on tour in the early 2000's (?) or while visiting the Lucy-Desi Museum recently? Would love to see that and any other pics you've taken while visiting the museum.

Yeah I have some, sorry I had to shrink them so I could fit it in the attachment box thingy. BTW, they stopped the photography rule at Lucy Fest 2012, as long as you didn't use flash. smile.gif -Justin
552004_302699919828380_354883254_n.jpg

Yeah I have some, sorry I had to shrink them so I could fit it in the attachment box thingy. BTW, they stopped the photography rule at Lucy Fest 2012, as long as you didn't use flash. :) -JD/Justin

YES! Fantastic! Thanks so much for posting these Justin...that's exactly what I was looking for. Great pics...I wish I can see that in person. Nice to know they lifted the no pictures rule. Seemed a little ridiculous.

And now that you say that I remember it, hahaha. I'm glad it's out of hiding!

And of all the things in those pictures, the blue couch in the NY apartment is the thing I'd want the most. What's everyone else's favorite piece?

To jog your memory even more I have a photo of it I took, lol! Enjoy

6077_302983626466676_209068501_n.jpg

And now that you say that I remember it, hahaha. I'm glad it's out of hiding!

And of all the things in those pictures, the blue couch in the NY apartment is the thing I'd want the most. What's everyone else's favorite piece?

Me too! I'd never would have guessed it was blue! Always figured it was dark brown. Hmmm. lucyhorror.JPG

Are these colors accurate to how the real sets looked?

Well, I am a complete nut about color photos from ILL era, and i have a bunch of color photos from the show. And the living room set is disappointingly wrong. First of all the walls are two shades of gray/grayish-blue. And the back curtains are not blue, but red. Everything else seems to be right though.

Heres just some REAL color photos (not colorized) you can find right on google that prove my point:

4278059534_c88883eed8.jpg

3957987492_9ff7f66d29.jpg

tumblr_lwsz81ZesM1r8wvheo1_500.jpg

Well, I am a complete nut about color photos from ILL era, and i have a bunch of color photos from the show. And the living room set is disappointingly wrong. First of all the walls are two shades of gray/grayish-blue. And the back curtains are not blue, but red. Everything else seems to be right though.

Heres just some REAL color photos (not colorized) you can find right on google that prove my point:

4278059534_c88883eed8.jpg

3957987492_9ff7f66d29.jpg

tumblr_lwsz81ZesM1r8wvheo1_500.jpg

Odd, I always thought the walls looked greyish because the flash washed them out. They look that peachy pink colour in the Christmas tree shot anyway. But you're obviously right about the red curtains. Was the kitchen set really yellow?

And I never envisioned the hotel room to have so many colours going on!

Odd, I always thought the walls looked greyish because the flash washed them out. They look that peachy pink colour in the Christmas tree shot anyway. But you're obviously right about the red curtains. Was the kitchen set really yellow?

And I never envisioned the hotel room to have so many colours going on!

Yea, this is a really terrible copy of the Christmas episode photo, too pink as you said. I have a version of the Christmas one without that pinkish tone and it's still grayish/blue wall. Plus, I probably have about 6 other photos, some of which the public has rarely ever seen, and the living room is still that color. So I'm thinking the tan is not correct in the replica set at the museum. Also remember, most frequently used sets in that time were variations of dull colors, mostly gray, because it was filmed in black and white and bright colors look bad on the old cameras. As for the kitchen, I am pretty sure it was yellow, but I've only ever seen 1 photo a long time ago of the kitchen in color, but it was very dull, so I couldn't tell if it was correct.

Yea, this is a really terrible copy of the Christmas episode photo, too pink as you said. I have a version of the Christmas one without that pinkish tone and it's still grayish/blue wall. Plus, I probably have about 6 other photos, some of which the public has rarely ever seen, and the living room is still that color. So I'm thinking the tan is not correct in the replica set at the museum. Also remember, most frequently used sets in that time were variations of dull colors, mostly gray, because it was filmed in black and white and bright colors look bad on the old cameras. As for the kitchen, I am pretty sure it was yellow, but I've only ever seen 1 photo a long time ago of the kitchen in color, but it was very dull, so I couldn't tell if it was correct.

Yeah, most were dull colours to photograph correctly. They seem to have based the replica set colours on the original Ricardo living room, which appeared pinkish in that audience footage from "The Audition".

Yeah I have some, sorry I had to shrink them so I could fit it in the attachment box thingy. BTW, they stopped the photography rule at Lucy Fest 2012, as long as you didn't use flash. :) -JD/Justin

Replicas, schmeplicas, even the wall was brick, not wood like is shown here. This looks like the one used for the lost Lucy pilot. They're pretty fair imitations but certainly not the real thing.

Enjoyed seeing these pictures! Thanks for posting them, everyone. Mister Hepburn, my favorite piece(s) are the dishes. Would love a dinner plate to go with the cup & saucer I bought from replacements.com :)

Desiluforever, I love color pics from that time, too, especially the country house. And if only the fashion show episode has been shot in color! I just had a thought about those red curtains, though -- I see the picture was taken from the Christmas show which was later colorized.Do you think it is possible that the curtains being red may not be accurate?

Archived