RANDOM THOUGHTS OF A LUCY FAN

• 3 weeks later...

Just re-watching Lucy's Kennedy Center Honor ceremony and one thing always drives me crazy about it from the editing. After Robert Stack announces Bea, Lucy turns to Gary and clearly says, "Oh, My God! That's why she --" and then they cut back to Bea making her entrance.

WHY SHE WHAT?! WHY SHE WHAT?! We'll never know and the possibilities are endless. lol

Put April 20th down on your calendar and remember to celebrate Ralph Bellamy Day.

I'm giving my employees the day off this year. That the 20th is a Saturday is beside the point.

The list of people on Broadway all at this same time is a whos-who of theater: Ethel Merman, Mary Martin, Tammy Grimes, Richard Burton, Henry Fonda, Angela Lansbury, Harvey (Lawrence, not Simmons), Phil Silvers, Nancy Walker, Laurence Olivier, Anthony Quinn, Chester Morris, Ed Begley, Conrad Bain, Kaye Ballard, Jerry Orbach...just to name a few.

Perhaps Lucy and Tom had a side bet going in the Broadway League baseball tournament. The photo is dated April 20, 1961 so maybe this was Lucy's entrance fee. LOL have always wondered who was on each team, besides Lucy, Julie, and Joe E. Brown.

ma9qtj.jpg

Just re-watching Lucy's Kennedy Center Honor ceremony and one thing always drives me crazy about it from the editing. After Robert Stack announces Bea, Lucy turns to Gary and clearly says, "Oh, My God! That's why she --" and then they cut back to Bea making her entrance.

WHY SHE WHAT?! WHY SHE WHAT?! We'll never know and the possibilities are endless. lol

Yeah, i go through the same thing, i always assumed it was THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID meaning Bea had told her she was going to Washington but didn't tell her she was going to be a part of her tribute. I wish Robert hadn't said FROM THE GOLDEN GIRLS making us AND LUCY think that maybe all three Golden Girls were coming on. I'm glad Valerie was there but Pam Dawber????? I know they had to find a substitute for Lucie who was getting over her beloved dad's death but Pam Dawber?

Geez, maybe he was just nervous! He was a last-minute sub after all, given the circumstances. :D

No, i'm not certain BUT, i think Desi stated it that way more than once, they were so used to calling him Fred i think it was just a a mistake on Desi's part which anybody could have done. Besides all the others had their own real names, oh wait Viv only got it after ILL ended with The Lucy show where she finally used her own name also. Oh wait, Desi too i guess.

If George Reeve in "Lucy and Superman" had been an exchange appearance and Lucy appeared on an episode of his series the episode might have been

"Superman Meets Lucy Ricardo"

When Clark Kent takes Lois to Xavier Valdez's opening, duty calls and when he dashes into the alley to don his Superman garb, he collides with Lucy, Ethel and Fred and Hal King's quick-change wardrobe trunk. In the confusion, he ends up fighting one of those arch-criminals dressed as Mrs. Worthington Proudfoot while Ethel enters the Tropicana as "Mrs. Super Mann and pah-ty".

• 2 years later...

A thought occurred to me while brushing my teeth this morning -- this January we can celebrate the "Diamond Jubilee" of Lucy Meets the Queen, and the two persons in Lucy's crosshairs are still going strong. We should plan ahead and have a group viewing.

A thought occurred to me while brushing my teeth this morning -- this January we can celebrate the "Diamond Jubilee" of Lucy Meets the Queen, and the two persons in Lucy's crosshairs are still going strong. We should plan ahead and have a group viewing.

Lucy met Claude 50 years ago, huh? 

I kid, I kid. A viewing party would be a great idea. Anybody from the episode still alive that we could get involved? Mr. Schiller might be up to it.

Archived