RANDOM THOUGHTS OF A LUCY FAN

• 4 months later...

Is anyone else intrigued when they come across old receipts and cheques from Lucy and the gang on eBay or wherever? I find it unusually fascinating to see who was buying what -- and, if we're lucky -- why. Dede certainly racked up enough on her daughter's accounts. lol

Is anyone else intrigued when they come across old receipts and cheques from Lucy and the gang on eBay or wherever? I find it unusually fascinating to see who was buying what -- and, if we're lucky -- why. Dede certainly racked up enough on her daughter's accounts. lol

Oh yes! I always wonder how people get a hold of these! Haha.

Can you recall any examples off-hand? I've only seen glimpses of those.

Any henna rinse receipts? :D

I haven't seen any henna rince receipts (lol), but some of the ones that come to mind are a bill for a child's party dress bought by Dede on Lucy's account that was sent to lttle Susie Meyer as a birthday gift (as it says on the receipt), toys for Lucie and Desi, and items bought on Lucy and/or Desi's accounts and signed for by Renita Reachi, Willie Mae Barker, or even Hazel. :hazel: One was posted at Lucy Talk during its final year of someone buying suppositories on Desi's account. LOL I wish I saved that thread...

Well, if she bought her a home near her, she certainly wouldn't skimp on taking care of her every expense. Love the fact that she took care of everybody with her money.

I haven't seen any henna rince receipts (lol), but some of the ones that come to mind are a bill for a child's party dress bought by Dede on Lucy's account that was sent to lttle Susie Meyer as a birthday gift (as it says on the receipt), toys for Lucie and Desi, and items bought on Lucy and/or Desi's accounts and signed for by Renita Reachi, Willie Mae Barker, or even Hazel. :hazel: One was posted at Lucy Talk during its final year of someone buying suppositories on Desi's account. LOL I wish I saved that thread...

Hope Lucy wasn't paying for Desi's condoms, now THAT was a HUGE SPENSE!

Ooooh, suppositories? Was it for Gary? :lucyeww:

• 1 month later...

As for the rarity of the signature on this. It's that small window of time post divorce finalization but before she got married again and changed the married last name.

I thought she just signed it that way because that's the name on the heading of the cheque.

I thought she just signed it that way because that's the name on the heading of the cheque.

No, it was a few months before she married what's-his-bagel.

Isn't Tom Bosley the guy who made such disparaging comments about Lucy after her death? Or was that a fake story?

Perhaps Lucy and Tom had a side bet going in the Broadway League baseball tournament. The photo is dated April 20, 1961 so maybe this was Lucy's entrance fee. LOL have always wondered who was on each team, besides Lucy, Julie, and Joe E. Brown.

ma9qtj.jpg

No, it was a few months before she married what's-his-bagel.

Isn't Tom Bosley the guy who made such disparaging comments about Lucy after her death? Or was that a fake story?

Yeah, but he said very nice things also in another interview. He was the doctor in Yours mine and ours and the dad on Happy Days.

Perhaps Lucy and Tom had a side bet going in the Broadway League baseball tournament. The photo is dated April 20, 1961 so maybe this was Lucy's entrance fee. LOL have always wondered who was on each team, besides Lucy, Julie, and Joe E. Brown.

ma9qtj.jpg

Carol Channing was the shortstop. Outfielder Robert Goulet was great at the game.

Archived