What's your fave Lucy thing to watch, that's not a regular show from her series?

As some of us know the shows by heart, what other Lucy THINS do you find yourself watching on a regular basis. For me, i'm going through all her books lately but i'm due for a showing again of her Variety Clubs tribute, TV Hall of Fame induction and The Home Movies, Kennedy Center tribute and The Merv Griffin show plugging Mame with Bob Hope, Gale, her kids and gary.

Catherine Curtis and Two Smart People. It's like I totally forgot about Two Smart People and it oddly interests me. Also Lured and Dark Corner have gotten pulled for years. I was also showing Lucy in London to many after it's recent release and have watched the Worlds Fair footage a lot too.

Catherine Curtis and Two Smart People. It's like I totally forgot about Two Smart People and it oddly interests me. Also Lured and Dark Corner have gotten pulled for years. I was also showing Lucy in London to many after it's recent release and have watched the Worlds Fair footage a lot too.

Oh good God, Y E S ! That world's fair footage was glorious and Lucy in London perhaps her all time best special ever!

I Like The Long, Long Trailer, but the characters are so much like Lucy and Ricky, that its almost like an ILL movie.

Yeah, i'm due for another viewing of Trailer but Mame and Yours, mine and ours will have to play first though, LOL! AND the last ten minutes of Big Street too of course, LOL! I'm just a sentimental old fool.

Oh yeah and Mame! I adore Mame! I have a love for crappy scripts with awesome musical numbers and costumes! Cmon I love Rocky Horror?! :D

Lucy in Mame is her in the best wardrobe she ever wore in a film, and she looks stupendous. Then, there's that cast, those absolutely terrific musical numbers and the whole LOOK of the production, it's a big extravaganza and it shows. They said the exact same things about Streisand in Hello Dolly, a big overblown musical and they were out of fashion by then, only came back in style when Chicago hit the screens decades later.

Haven't seen all of the specials, BUT I love "The Long, Long Trailer" and "Yours, Mines and Ours". I always enjoy her interviews but I really liked her interview with Barbara Walters. To me, it was the most that she ever opened up about her life. I wish there was more lol

Haven't seen all of the specials, BUT I love "The Long, Long Trailer" and "Yours, Mines and Ours". I always enjoy her interviews but I really liked her interview with Barbara Walters. To me, it was the most that she ever opened up about her life. I wish there was more lol

I know what you mean, she almost never discussed Desi :desi1: while married to schmolie :gary: but here she did, in detail.

I enjoy watching her movies. Just saw "The Fuller Brush Girl", "Miss Grant Takes Richmond", and "The Magic Carpet" for the first time the other night; had a marathon. Really enjoyed all of them, even Carpet...

Boy, you proved your Lucy loyalty by watching that tripe, Magic Carpet. Haven't seen it in decades and want to keep it that way, if i never see it again before i die, i'll die happy! Fuller Brush Girl is a riot and Miss Grant Takes Richmond terrific also.

If I am in the mood to see Lucy and Desi in color during the "I Love Lucy" years, I watch "The Long, Long Trailer" and "Forever Darling". If I want film noir: I watch "Lured" and "The Dark Corner" and if I want a musical "DuBarry Was A Lady", "Best Foot Forward" and "Mame". If I want comedy: "The Fuller Brush Girl" and "Fancy Pants". The mixture of comedy and drama "The Facts Of Life" and "Yours, Mine And Ours".

Oh yeah! And I love, adore Lucy In London! Also the Lucille Ball Comedy Hour with Bob Hope! Should've been a movie!

YES, the Lucille Ball Comedy Hour with Hope WAS my all time fave of her sepcials BUT, i was so thrilled to finally see Lucy in London in brilliant color and remastered AFTER watching my old beat up color faded copy all those decades that when it came out, it shot up to the number one position pronto, LOL!

If I am in the mood to see Lucy and Desi in color during the "I Love Lucy" years, I watch "The Long, Long Trailer" and "Forever Darling". If I want film noir: I watch "Lured" and "The Dark Corner" and if I want a musical "DuBarry Was A Lady", "Best Foot Forward" and "Mame". If I want comedy: "The Fuller Brush Girl" and "Fancy Pants". The mixture of comedy and drama "The Facts Of Life" and "Yours, Mine And Ours".

Wow, what a thorough review. How do you feel about her various tributes though? Kennedy, TV Hall of Fame, Variety Clubs and so on?

I'm not that BIG on your first two but love the other three. By Wildcat, do you mean that ONE number "Hey, Look me Over" from the Sullivan show?

The number was great on the Sullivan show but I was also thinking of my LP record my Dad got of Wildcat. It is just wonderfully the whole musical numbers. I love singing and Lucy can belt it out better than a lot of others. Her voice here is witty but in tune and beautiful. Even while I can hear Lucy struggle some with Mame's score I have the CD and sing along with it. That too is great.

The number was great on the Sullivan show but I was also thinking of my LP record my Dad got of Wildcat. It is just wonderfully the whole musical numbers. I love singing and Lucy can belt it out better than a lot of others. Her voice here is witty but in tune and beautiful. Even while I can hear Lucy struggle some with Mame's score I have the CD and sing along with it. That too is great.

I almost got that Wildcat LP, but someone made me a copy of the soundtrack anyway. My second favorite number is What Takes my Fancy in a lively duet they used to do and apparently it stopped the show almost every night.

Archived