Desi Jr. on The Dating Game

Here is a groovy episode of The Dating Game from 1967 with Desi Jr. as one of the contestants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcVo24bPP4

The first game features Lucy co-stars Dick Martin and Dave Madden as contestants along with Rip Taylor(!).

And (in case you were thinking this) "don't think our next young lady won't be turned on by her trio of groovy guys"

This was such a hard show to watch---the guys were always awkward and the answers rarely witty; not helped by the ridiculously silly prepared questions they were forced to answer "Can you say something romantic in monkey talk?" And when obviously don't have an answer, she keeps pushing them. The guys usually bombed.

I love the parting gift for Madden and Taylor: an 8-track recording of the "Doctor Doolittle" soundtrack!!

Dino Desi and Billy were hardly "one of America's top recording groups" by this time.

And (in case you were thinking this) "don't think our next young lady won't be turned on by her trio of groovy guys"

This was such a hard show to watch---the guys were always awkward and the answers rarely witty; not helped by the ridiculously silly prepared questions they were forced to answer "Can you say something romantic in monkey talk?" And when obviously don't have an answer, she keeps pushing them. The guys usually bombed.

I love the parting gift for Madden and Taylor: an 8-track recording of the "Doctor Doolittle" soundtrack!!

Dino Desi and Billy were hardly "one of America's top recording groups" by this time.

Awful shows, this and Newlywed Game, but we watched them just the same, just to see real celebrities.

Here is a groovy episode of The Dating Game from 1967 with Desi Jr. as one of the contestants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFcVo24bPP4

The first game features Lucy co-stars Dick Martin and Dave Madden as contestants along with Rip Taylor(!).

Jamie: Do you have a date for this event? I researched both IMDb and tv.com yesterday - could not find. Desi's bio does not reveal his appearance; probably due to his extreme youth... Thanks if you can find it. fondly, JK

Archived