WHEN DID LUCY BALL LOOK HER MOST GORGEOUS?

C L A U D E

That's a really hard question to answer Claude because she had had her good points and bad points in all era's that I liked about her look! But if there was one movie that stands out as being my favourite time I loved her look and think she looked the "hottest" it would definitely be "Critic's Choice". Something about her style/hair/makeup in that movie was perfect and sexy! She just oozed sex appeal in that movie even when she was angry LOL (which she was pretty much throughout the whole movie) :lucythrill:

And thanks for asking this question because I just found the most FABULOUS new photo from Critic's Choice which I've now got as my signature!!!! See how hot she looks???

That's a really hard question to answer Claude because she had had her good points and bad points in all era's that I liked about her look! But if there was one movie that stands out as being my favourite time I loved her look and think she looked the "hottest" it would definitely be "Critic's Choice". Something about her style/hair/makeup in that movie was perfect and sexy! She just oozed sex appeal in that movie even when she was angry LOL (which she was pretty much throughout the whole movie) :lucythrill:

And thanks for asking this question because I just found the most FABULOUS new photo from Critic's Choice which I've now got as my signature!!!! See how hot she looks???

Love your signature. Yes, she looked great in "CC" but IMO she never looked better than she did on 1965's "Steve Lawrence Show" descending the stairs after her big welcome.

Love your signature. Yes, she looked great in "CC" but IMO she never looked better than she did on 1965's "Steve Lawrence Show" descending the stairs after her big welcome.

Thanks Neil :-) Where can I locate this "Steve Lawrence Show"?

Oh you dun't have to sell me dearie, i've been saying the sixties were her best decade for decades now, LOL! In this period, i'm gay and i would have DONE HER! :lucy2: :lucy2: :lucy2: :lucy2: :lucy2:

Yup, THAT Steve Lawrence show was the best guest performance she ever did on someone else's show, that should definitely be brought out on dvd! And she performed Hey Look Me Over on that show too! And by the way, Critic's Choice, even though it's always been derided by the critics, has always been one of my all time fave movies of hers. Those brainy critics chose TAKEN 2 as their newest target for their venom but the public voted with their dollars and it grossed 50 million dollars plus this weekend, the public always becomes the ultimate critic when it matters most.

I think she looks super sexay in the late 1930s/early 1940s. But she doesn't look too shabby either in the early to mid 1960s. :marionstrong:

There was a sophisticated "LOOK" she adopted in that period, ever see that shot of her on a NY balcony in that high rise, maybe her own apartment there during Wildcat? In an Edith Head creation, a suit that fit her like a dream. Or at the World's Fair in the Danny Kaye outfit, regal supreme!

I'd love to see it, as well....

She was on the Premiere of his short lived variety series. Lucy even took some flack for being on the premiere instead of his partner wife Eydie Gorme. The show was great from start to finish and although it's in black and white, it's still terrific to watch. I'm sure you've all seen that one clip from it of Lucy in a gown renminiscent of her Kennedy Center honors one showing him the filming process of the Marineland episode in the water with dolphins.

Claude - sorry to spam the thread but just wanted to let you know I sent you two messages yesterday, not sure if you got them or not xx

By the way kiddo, it's quite cold here already and the breeze from Lucy's note pad keeps sending cool air towards me, now STOP THAT, it's almost as bad as Carolyn/Lillian Appleby's skipping walk. :lucythrill::lucythrill:

By the way kiddo, it's quite cold here already and the breeze from Lucy's note pad keeps sending cool air towards me, now STOP THAT, it's almost as bad as Carolyn/Lillian Appleby's skipping walk. :lucythrill::lucythrill:

LOL! :lucythrill: (p.s - It's cold here too and we're half way through Spring - coldest October for a while!)

LOL! :lucythrill: (p.s - It's cold here too and we're half way through Spring - coldest October for a while!)

Well, i'm happy to say that last winter we had a gay old time, almost no snow and cold, so we expected summer to be lousy and it was the single best summer i have ever seen in my entire life, always warm, always sunny, never rain, it was just amazing. As Lucy was amazingly gorgeous in the early forties with her new hubby at the Chatsworth ranchito. That picture in the back of a book, could it be TJW's Loving Lucy, that pic of a young Lucy in her garden, well, she is so stunning i would like to jump her bones right then and there, but i'm sure Desi sr took care of that. :lucydesi:

• 1 month later...

I agree!!! There is that moment when they are at that outdoor party.. and she is talking to the people and helping herself to something to eat.. and LOOKS positively breathtaking... I love how her makeup is.. how she delevers her lines with such control.. and just ooozes femininity!

I agree!!! There is that moment when they are at that outdoor party.. and she is talking to the people and helping herself to something to eat.. and LOOKS positively breathtaking... I love how her makeup is.. how she delevers her lines with such control.. and just ooozes femininity!

Oh i know, this was the period of her big comeback to movie screens after the terrific Facts of Life, which had even garnered Oscar nominations. She was running a studio and her image had to go from slapstick comedy star to sophisticated first female head of a studio and boy did she manage that well HERE, in this movie. Of course this was more a talky type comedy romp and a perfect example of how she could do that type of humor. If only they had remembered that when she got down to doing Life with Lucy twenty years later. And yes, even though she maintained MOST of her looks for Yours nmine and ours five years later, here she was sexual napalm to any moviegoer. :lucy2:

Archived