Lucy on The Danny Kaye Show!

Annaleigh

Not one of the better ones. I expected a better intoxicated scene!

Alcohol just works better in Vitameatavegiman than it does on salad. Dontcha go tellin me you like her make up here honey, she was off to do a pantomine skecth with Marcel Marceau next. After being hit by a Milton Berle giant powder puff obviously. :lucythrill:

• 3 weeks later...

This show, in its original pristine glorious NBC color, is but one of my holy grails. Didn't we determine that was Lucy's first time in color on TV?

This clip is the first time I've seen the show with any color. This seems a bit washed out. I'm sure the original is better. These color videotapes have held up remarkably well--if they can find the originals.

I too have a sub-standard even-for-a-kinescope b/w copy.

By the way the special was produced by one JESS OPPENHEIMER, who did NOT get along with Danny (footnote: my personal conversation with him)

The most famous scene from this special is Lucy being slid under a table at a Japanese restaurant. Like all of her physical stunts, perfectly executed, deceptively hard to do.

Lucy got tremendous reviews. This was right after the debut of TLS in 1962 when having Lucy back on the air was still like the second coming.

I assume Lucy's exchange appearance on Danny's variety series in its second season was b/w as the network didn't go color until the following year.

This show, in its original pristine glorious NBC color, is but one of my holy grails. Didn't we determine that was Lucy's first time in color on TV?

This clip is the first time I've seen the show with any color. This seems a bit washed out. I'm sure the original is better. These color videotapes have held up remarkably well--if they can find the originals.

I too have a sub-standard even-for-a-kinescope b/w copy.

By the way the special was produced by one JESS OPPENHEIMER, who did NOT get along with Danny (footnote: my personal conversation with him)

The most famous scene from this special is Lucy being slid under a table at a Japanese restaurant. Like all of her physical stunts, perfectly executed, deceptively hard to do.

Lucy got tremendous reviews. This was right after the debut of TLS in 1962 when having Lucy back on the air was still like the second coming.

I assume Lucy's exchange appearance on Danny's variety series in its second season was b/w as the network didn't go color until the following year.

Oh, so that's why she looks so white up there huh? Is this the one where he had to pay her 100 thousand dollars to do the special with him? Highest salary for a tv star back then. Why didn't JESS get along with Danny? Is he related to mikidiki or something?

Oh, so that's why she looks so white up there huh? Is this the one where he had to pay her 100 thousand dollars to do the special with him? Highest salary for a tv star back then. Why didn't JESS get along with Danny? Is he related to mikidiki or something?

LOL! I'm sure in real life I would have gotten along with Danny - I just wouldn't have gone to any of his shows if he had invited me - I would have had to come up with some outlandish excuse :lucyhaha:

• 5 years later...

Archived