Dean Martin Christmas Show DVD

Lucille Ball fan

Just found the new Dean Martin Christmas Show DVD at Wal-Mart. Lucille Ball and Gale Gordon show up at the end of the show. Their time on the show is very short. The show is from 1968. It features many of the top stars of the time.

Oh i gotta get me some of that. Loved Dino, his show was terrific, nice to see some more Lucy and Gale as a bonus too.

Just found the new Dean Martin Christmas Show DVD at Wal-Mart. Lucille Ball and Gale Gordon show up at the end of the show. Their time on the show is very short. The show is from 1968. It features many of the top stars of the time.

Okay, they show up, great! But what do they do? Sing a song, have witty banter? What, pray say? Thanks! lucyhaha.JPG

They talk about various Christmas programs and initiatives. Gale throws in a little Spanish to spice things up. They don't do much, but they're great clips. They're at the end with a montage of various celebrities speaking about Christmas charities and causes -- everyone from Lucy and Gale (separately) to Phil Harris to Petula Clark.

I bought the Dean Martin Christmas Show dvd because it said on the back of the dvd case that Lucille Ball was in the show. It said nothing about Gale Gordon being in the show. That was a very nice suprise. :gale2: Wish that Lucille and Gale had more time on the show. This is a very good show. So much Lucy stuff out there waiting to be released on dvd someday. :gary:

They talk about various Christmas programs and initiatives. Gale throws in a little Spanish to spice things up. They don't do much, but they're great clips. They're at the end with a montage of various celebrities speaking about Christmas charities and causes -- everyone from Lucy and Gale (separately) to Phil Harris to Petula Clark.

Oh well, no wonder Lucy went on, she hoped Petula would be singing Lucy's favorite song of hers. . .

Not a wrinkle in her neck, and she rarely shows that part of herself. Her eyes still have those pouches but she indeed looks lovely and sexy there.

I've never noticed her 'model's long neck' before; lovely... she looks very 'girlish' here, doesn't she; certainly NO way into her 50's.

Thanks for sharing the pic, Brock....

• 2 weeks later...

Got it today, worst Christmas special i ever saw, the writing is so bad. The REAL guests are Dennis Weaver, Dom Deluise and Bob Newhart. All the other STARS listed and some who aren't appear at the end to recite a long list of hospitals and orphanages that will ve receiving free toys for kids over the Christmas period. Even paying ten bucks for this, i still feel gypped! Nice seeing Lucy though and she DID look terrific as you all saw from the screen captions on this thread. Obviously Lucy was right about rehearsals, Dennis has this BIT to do with the kids of Dean's staff and one little boy won't stop laughing and one little girl cries at the end and has to be handed over to her mom, not really the Christmas spirit i'm afraid. And not enough great Christmas music from Dean either.

Got it today, worst Christmas special i ever saw, the writing is so bad. The REAL guests are Dennis Weaver, Dom Deluise and Bob Newhart. All the other STARS listed and some who aren't appear at the end to recite a long list of hospitals and orphanages that will ve receiving free toys for kids over the Christmas period. Even paying ten bucks for this, i still feel gypped! Nice seeing Lucy though and she DID look terrific as you all saw from the screen captions on this thread. Obviously Lucy was right about rehearsals, Dennis has this BIT to do with the kids of Dean's staff and one little boy won't stop laughing and one little girl cries at the end and has to be handed over to her mom, not really the Christmas spirit i'm afraid. And not enough great Christmas music from Dean either.

Well, if it makes you feel better you got a +1 for saving me ten bucks :hlLOL::hlLOL::hlLOL: !

Well, if it makes you feel better you got a +1 for saving me ten bucks :hlLOL::hlLOL::hlLOL: !

Glad to help. I think i was just SPECTIN too much, i love Dean and used to really love his show. I have the one where Lucy appears and does some sketches and looks even better than on this one, that's the one i should have watched. And where Bob Hope appears in his closet, Lucy did that too on another show. The writing at the beginning of the show was so bad i actually groaned at the supposed JOKES. Guess Lucy's writers weren't that bad after all. It just sucks so bad as a Christmas show of a series that it makes you yearn . . . for Easter.

Archived