OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

Actor/comedian Taylor Negron has died at the age of 57. :( He served as Lucy's gofer during her Sherwood Oaks seminars in 1977 and always spoke very highly of her. There's a lot about Lucy in his obit.

He studied with Lee Strasberg and even had a private comedy seminar with Lucille Ball. Negron interned for Ball when she was 68 years old and he was 19. Negron told KCET, “I learned from Lucy that you never get what you really want and you have to be flexible.” Further adding what he learned about comedy from her, “What I learned from her was what she learned from Buster Keaton – know your props, know what you’re doing, know where the exit is, know the entrances, know where the camera is. Get there early. Know everyone on the set. Do not pull any funny business. Be a professional.”

http://deadline.com/2015/01/taylor-negron-dead-57-after-long-battle-with-cancer-1201346798/
  • Like 2

Actor/comedian Taylor Negron has died at the age of 57. :( He served as Lucy's gofer during her Sherwood Oaks seminars in 1977 and always spoke very highly of her. There's a lot about Lucy in his obit.

http://deadline.com/2015/01/taylor-negron-dead-57-after-long-battle-with-cancer-1201346798/

My God, as soon as i saw his picture, i knew i knew him, then when i read his bio, i thought, geez, i've seen everything he ever did, at least in movies.  To  die so young and of that dreadful illness, and he spoke so highly of Lucy too, so sad.

Just read on D Listed that he was gay too!

Deaths TODAY:  [if anyone is interested, I can do this each day when I sign in; usually just come over here when there is a posting of someone else's - making sure I have the person(s) in their proper place in the chronology....]  let me know....JK

1/18 - Jerome 'Curly' Howard, 1952; Rusty Hamer, 1990;

Deaths TODAY:  [if anyone is interested, I can do this each day when I sign in; usually just come over here when there is a posting of someone else's - making sure I have the person(s) in their proper place in the chronology....]  let me know....JK

1/18 - Jerome 'Curly' Howard, 1952; Rusty Hamer, 1990;

Rusty died a year after Lucy?????  Rusty Hamer from the Danny Thomas show, the one with all the Fred Mertz type lines?

I don't recommend it.

Why?  Just checked, you know me, i'm a Leo, tell me not to go and that's where i'll run right away . . . 42, of a self inflicted gunshot wound.  I also didn't know that's the reason Paul Petersen of the Donna Reed show started that career of helping out former child stars.

Deaths today, 1/20:

Eddie Parker, 1960; Johnny Weissmuller, 1984, Beatrice Lillie, 1989;

Barbara Stanwyck, 1990; Alec Hirshfeld, 2003; Bruce Gordon, 2011

Sorry, in the interest of accuracy (and one of my personal heroes) Alec Hirshfeld should be: Albert (Al) Hirschfeld.

Albert "Al" Hirschfeld (June 21, 1903 – January 20, 2003) was an American caricaturist best known for his black and white portraits of celebrities and Broadway stars.

Hirschfeld died at 99. In June of 2003, he was to be present at the renaming of The Martin Beck Theatre to The Al Hirschfeld Theatre.

Hirschfeld's desk, lamp and chair were donated to The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts and are on display in the lobby.

Sorry, in the interest of accuracy (and one of my personal heroes) Alec Hirshfeld should be: Albert (Al) Hirschfeld.

Albert "Al" Hirschfeld (June 21, 1903 – January 20, 2003) was an American caricaturist best known for his black and white portraits of celebrities and Broadway stars.

Hirschfeld died at 99. In June of 2003, he was to be present at the renaming of The Martin Beck Theatre to The Al Hirschfeld Theatre.

Hirschfeld's desk, lamp and chair were donated to The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts and are on display in the lobby.

No offense intended; and GOD BLESS YOU for the correction; shall do so immediately; and LOVE, LOVE, the added information. - thanks so much!!!

Loving you, JK

Now, I have a question - ANYONE have an interest in the Young and the Restless?   I usually have it on in the other room, for listening purposes; one of my friends, now in Florida for the winter, has watched since the FIRST episode; HE, yes, HE lives that show. 

Unfortunately, he has no internet capabilities; so, I was in the room turning on the heat for soon-to-slumber for a short nap and turning on news channel; was there for the 'next on the Y&R' for tomorrow's listening pleasure; and the credits say, in memory of Beau Kazur, 1951-2014 - ANYONE KNOW WHO THIS IS????????????  IMDb does not have information that I can find!!!!

THANKS for who that might be in the KNOW - JK

0106-kazer_obit.jpg

Beau Kazer, who originated The Young and the Restless' Brock Reynolds in 1974, has passed away.

Born May 22, 1951, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Beau Kazer studied acting at the Stella Adler School and made his professional acting debut in the critically acclaimed feature film Taxi Driver. In 1974 he landed a role on a then-fledgling daytime drama series called The Young and the Restless. He played Brock Reynolds, the adult son of Katherine Chancellor, on a recurring basis for more than 30 years.

Kazer last returned to the Y&R canvas in September 2013 for Katherine's funeral.

Elsewhere in daytime, Kazer appeared as Dr. Bunny Wilson on General Hospital.

"I remember the first time I heard your voice and thought wow! This guy should have been in radio!" Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) wrote on Facebook. "Then I watched you act and was blown away with how natural and honest your performances always were. God Bless."

The Canadian actor died on December 30 in Thousand Oaks, CA. He is survived by his wife, Sharon Alkus, who wants fans to know that Y&R was a large part of her husband's life and that he was very proud of his time in Genoa City.

No other details regarding his death have been released.

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2015/0106-kaz

er_obit.php

• Like 1

0106-kazer_obit.jpg

Beau Kazer, who originated The Young and the Restless' Brock Reynolds in 1974, has passed away.

Born May 22, 1951, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Beau Kazer studied acting at the Stella Adler School and made his professional acting debut in the critically acclaimed feature film Taxi Driver. In 1974 he landed a role on a then-fledgling daytime drama series called The Young and the Restless. He played Brock Reynolds, the adult son of Katherine Chancellor, on a recurring basis for more than 30 years.

Kazer last returned to the Y&R canvas in September 2013 for Katherine's funeral.

Elsewhere in daytime, Kazer appeared as Dr. Bunny Wilson on General Hospital.

"I remember the first time I heard your voice and thought wow! This guy should have been in radio!" Daniel Goddard (Cane Ashby) wrote on Facebook. "Then I watched you act and was blown away with how natural and honest your performances always were. God Bless."

The Canadian actor died on December 30 in Thousand Oaks, CA. He is survived by his wife, Sharon Alkus, who wants fans to know that Y&R was a large part of her husband's life and that he was very proud of his time in Genoa City.

No other details regarding his death have been released.

http://soapcentral.com/yr/news/2015/0106-kaz

er_obit.php

Thanks 1,000,000, Joey!!!!  I had the spelling wrong, I guess.  Loving you, JK

• 2 weeks later...

January 31 deaths:

Florence Bates, 1954; Elizabeth Patterson, 1966; Samuel Goldwyn, 1974; George Abbott, 1995; Karen Norris, 1996; Martin Leeds, 1999;

February 1 deaths:

Hedda Hopper, Buster Keaton, 1966; William F. Claxton, 1996; Irene Kamptom, 1998; Johnny Silver, 2003;

Maximillian Schell, 2014

January 31 deaths:

Florence Bates, 1954; Victor Borge, 1962; Elizabeth Patterson, 1966; Samuel Goldwyn, 1974;

George Abbott, 1995; Karen Norris, 1996; Martin Leeds, 1999;

February 1 deaths:

Hedda Hopper, Buster Keaton, 1966; William F. Claxton, 1996; Irene Kamptom, 1998; Johnny Silver, 2003;

Maximillian Schell, 2014

Ok, now wait one cotton pickin minute, Victor Borge died in '62?  Never knew i saw him perform many times after he died.  I think it should read 2000.