OTHER FAMOUS PEOPLE WHO DIED

C L A U D E

• 2 weeks later...

Gary Dubin, busy child actor/voiceover actor just passed away at the age of 57 of bone cancer.

He appeared in episodes of many episodic series, including Here Come the Brides, Vega$, Facts of Life, Chips, Eight is Enough and many others.  In later years he voiced the English versions of characters in many Japanese animated shows.

He also appeared in Jaws 2 and voiced a character in the animated Disney classic The Aristocats.

For me (and for a Busty Ingels connection), Dubin memorably portrayed Danny Partridge's best friend/rival Punky Lazaar over 4 seasons of The Partridge Family in 5 or 6 different episodes. 

Lucy connection?? He appeared opposite our own Ann "Life With Lucy" Dusenberry in Jaws 2.

• 5 weeks later...

Yes, very sad but I guess at that age we shouldn't be totally surprised.

His perhaps most recorded song is one of my favorites, and several of my favorite singer/entertainers have recorded it.

For a treat -- albeit a somber one, perhaps in tribute given his passing -- check out "Hallelulah" as performed by k.d. lang, Bono, Rufus Wainwright and many, many others.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Hallelujah_(Leon]rd_Cohen_song)#/Cover_versions

-_-

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Year of Death continues with Fritz Weaver having left the building at the age of 90. (I honestly was surprised that he was still alive).

Too bad. In 2009, he did a staged reading of The Twilight Zone episode "The Masks" with Lucie, Laurence Luckinbill, and Kate Luckinbill at the Paley Center in honor of the series' 50th anniversary.

• Like 1

Van Williams was especially good as Clark Rice, Rob's revival for Laura Meehan's affections, on The Dick Van Dyke Show. He and Jane Fonda both made their film debut in 1960's Tall Story and Van's is certainly memorable in that movie.

Don't forget:  GORGEOUS!!!!  Old ladies can say THAT [keeps our blood running!!!!]:  Love, JK :fabrary:

Don't forget:  GORGEOUS!!!!  Old ladies can say THAT [keeps our blood running!!!!]:  Love, JK :fabrary:

Uh...not just old "ladies" honey! He was GLORIOUS!! Aged well, too! Sigh.... it's funny how as a child something that was on so briefly (just one season, if I recall) as "Green Hornet" can leave such an impression; but, much like Batman, it did.  And happily.  Sure would like to see it again, along with (if not more so given the locale, mode of (or lack thereof) of "dress", etc.) "Surfside", in which he stunningly appeared alongside then heartthrob Troy Donahue..... I mean...hubba, hubba! :HALKING:

Uh...not just old "ladies" honey! He was GLORIOUS!! Aged well, too! Sigh.... it's funny how as a child something that was on so briefly (just one season, if I recall) as "Green Hornet" can leave such an impression; but, much like Batman, it did.  And happily.  Sure would like to see it again, along with (if not more so given the locale, mode of (or lack thereof) of "dress", etc.) "Surfside", in which he stunningly appeared alongside then heartthrob Troy Donahue..... I mean...hubba, hubba! :HALKING:

Sorry, Joey, love; didn't mean to be so 'sexist'; the old part stands.... ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...