Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs Arnaz!

Annaleigh

Seeing as i got the Lucy and Gary one, it's only fair that YOU get this one, THE biggest love story from the fifties. THEY were THE couple that exemplified the fifties. From their marriage in 1940, the settling in their little ranchito where they were the most happy. In the San Fernando valley, entertainiing friends and neighbors, with lots of food, games and pool parties. Fixing up their comfortable little home, making it cozy, living on acres of orange trees with animals and especially dogs until their kids finally came along. The Valley was a much different place back then, now everybody's on top of one another but back then, it was a refuge away from the city. I think they were their happiest while living here. When they moved to Beverly Hills in the mid fifties, i think they loved the mansion but always regretted leaving their little ranchito as they had so many pleasant memories there.

Yes it is a great love story and not because they were perfect. Two complex individuals from very different backgrounds came together and created a show that will forever be apart of American culture and touch people around the world. They then went on and built a television empire. They were passionate about each other and their work. Their marriage wasn't forever but between their children and their combind creative genius they left behind many things that are. :lucydesi:

Yes it is a great love story and not because they were perfect. Two complex individuals from very different backgrounds came together and created a show that will forever be apart of American culture and touch people around the world. They then went on and built a television empire. They were passionate about each other and their work. Their marriage wasn't forever but between their children and their combind creative genius they left behind many things that are. :lucydesi:

Their marriage wasn't forever but their love for each other did last till the day they died.

"Their marriage wasn't forever but their love for each other did last till the day they died."

Sounds like a 'message from god' - how would any 'human' know?

Personally, spiritually feel-speaking, I believe they STILL love each other; since it's part of the unknown, which EVERYTHING is; including this nano-second which just passed....

The Lucy and Desi love story has to be the greatest ever. Over 40 years of love here. Dont we all have that gut feeling they are together, happy, and in love somewhere today?

Hear Hear! Well said! I love short and concise posts that are straight to the point!

Archived