Body Language

Body Language Christmas shows aired on Monday, Dec. 24 through Friday, Dec. 28, 1984.

And yes, Joe...we were there and LOVED seeing our gal do these personal appearances. She loved game shows but it WAS hard work. Let's not forget she was already 73 years old!

By the way, in the first clip shown, at the time, thought it might be fun to have a sign that Lucy might recognize and just show support. Loved hearing her instantly remember and saying "Vitameatavegamin", where of course none of the others on stage knew what she meant. Have to say though, Simmons was just annoying. Lord have mercy.

Body Language Christmas shows aired on Monday, Dec. 24 through Friday, Dec. 28, 1984.

And yes, Joe...we were there and LOVED seeing our gal do these personal appearances. She loved game shows but it WAS hard work. Let's not forget she was already 73 years old!

By the way, in the first clip shown, at the time, thought it might be fun to have a sign that Lucy might recognize and just show support. Loved hearing her instantly remember and saying "Vitameatavegamin", where of course none of the others on stage knew what she meant. Have to say though, Simmons was just annoying. Lord have mercy.

Thanks, Taylor and Rickee! Appreciate it...JK

Oh, so YOU were holding that sign? And what was annoying about Dickie Simmons?

Do you really need to ask? LOL

Well yeah, i thought he was more tempered back then and wanted to know if there was anything glaring . . . As YOU know Brock, he does that telus commercial here and i practically have to turn the sound off he`s so friggin annoying, stupid dialogue they gave him doesnt help either.

Here are two episodes of Lucy, Isabel Sanford, Robert Morse, and Isabel Sanford on Body Language in 1984. The first episode might have been posted here before.

I love the ovation that always follows Lucy's introduction on these shows.

Oh geez, those quiz shows with LATER Lucy can be so hard for me to watch, she struggles so and is not as sharp as she used to be, not that the others were any better in this particular case. And at least she won a few. I didn't think Richard was so bad, he brought life to a stinking quiz show, LOL! Blankety blank this!

Oh geez, those quiz shows with LATER Lucy can be so hard for me to watch, she struggles so and is not as sharp as she used to be, not that the others were any better in this particular case. And at least she won a few. I didn't think Richard was so bad, he brought life to a stinking quiz show, LOL! Blankety blank this!

I thought Lucy was actually quite sharp here. The others weren't much better, like you said.

I thought Lucy was actually quite sharp here. The others weren't much better, like you said.

[/quote Oh but have you ever seen some of her later Passwords? You feel so bad for her, you see her suffering, sometimes not giving any clue till her time is up. BUT, watch her on this and at least sometimes she's as sharp as a tack.

The saddest case of this I ever saw was poor Martha Raye on WIN LOSE OR DRAW around the same time and she was 5 years younger than Lucy. She literally could not get a word out of her mouth and I seem to recall kind of nervously shook her body in frustration. It was like only two people on her team rather than three. It was so bad by the third episode they brought in a "special guest" (Lorna Luft I think) to "sit in" and play with the girl's team, a very gentle way of replacing Martha who was still there but not participating just like before.

I never saw BODY LANGUAGE, must have been a very short-lived show.

The saddest case of this I ever saw was poor Martha Raye on WIN LOSE OR DRAW around the same time and she was 5 years younger than Lucy. She literally could not get a word out of her mouth and I seem to recall kind of nervously shook her body in frustration. It was like only two people on her team rather than three. It was so bad by the third episode they brought in a "special guest" (Lorna Luft I think) to "sit in" and play with the girl's team, a very gentle way of replacing Martha who was still there but not participating just like before.

I never saw BODY LANGUAGE, must have been a very short-lived show.

It aired mid-80s: were you even born yet?? :lucyhaha:

Archived