MGM

Will

Oh my yesssssssssssssssss, Lucy looked sensational there. I always wondered who Turan Bay was mentionned in that Lucy/Ann Margret duet.

Turhan Bey was an exotic looking young actor from Austria who played second leads in a lot of early 1940's movies, particularly many Maria Montez films like White Savage, Arabian Nights, and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. Probably his biggest A project was the supporting role in Katharine Hepburn's Dragon Seed. Born in 1922, he just died this last September.

Turhan Bey was an exotic looking young actor from Austria who played second leads in a lot of early 1940's movies, particularly many Maria Montez films like White Savage, Arabian Nights, and Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves. Probably his biggest A project was the supporting role in Katharine Hepburn's Dragon Seed. Born in 1922, he just died this last September.

Really? Thanks, never heard of him. Of course i wasn't BIG on the movies you mention.

Recently? Guess he wasn't big enough for our obits here. I have to play it again, the sound is so bad that i missed the name of the lady standing next to Lizzie. I loved how sentimental favorites got bigger hands, like Marjorie Main and the great Durante in a wheelchair yet.

Archived