Lucie and Desi interviewed by Bill Boggs

Brock

Here is Bill Boggs' full, terrific and hilarious interview with the Desilu Productions:

IIRC, only clips had been uploaded to YouTube before. Love the dynamic between these two!

:desijr: We did share a room once; I was thinking about that last night, and boy did I love it!

:lucie::lucyshock:

(I love the woman at 10.27 who is obviously on the run from the mob and has adopted a cunning disguise.)

Good God, were they G O R G E O U S or what. Wouldn`t that have been a better interview W I T H O U T the audience members participating. I`VE SEEN THAT BEFORE, BUT LONG AGO, SO IT`S ALL NEW TO ME. Absolutely terrific interview. What year would that have been, i figure around `72 as he says they worked together and someone mentions Bob Haldiman, a Watergate conspirator.

Good God, were they G O R G E O U S or what. Wouldn`t that have been a better interview W I T H O U T the audience members participating. I`VE SEEN THAT BEFORE, BUT LONG AGO, SO IT`S ALL NEW TO ME. Absolutely terrific interview. What year would that have been, i figure around `72 as he says they worked together and someone mentions Bob Haldiman, a Watergate conspirator.

Yeah, definitely mid to late 1970s. That was a cool interview. I didn't know that they had such violent fights. I'm an only child so I have no idea what that's like.

:lucyhehe: "The first one who gets hurt, gets hit!"

Yeah, definitely mid to late 1970s. That was a cool interview. I didn't know that they had such violent fights. I'm an only child so I have no idea what that's like.

:lucyhehe: "The first one who gets hurt, gets hit!"

Funny, being an only child myself also, i was always perplexed by that hit/hurt statement, glad to know it had them bamboozled also and that was Lucy's goal, always wondered about that line.

I agree with you Taylor, I’m an only child too so I can’t relate to sibling stories, but this was fun.

Really cute interview. The Annie Get Your Gun reference is what dates this as this is the show Lucie was doing at the time she got the audition for They’re Playing Our Song. I really like that the interviewer here didn’t do another “what was it like growing up” piece as by now I’ve heard it plenty of times. Focusing on their brother/sister relationship was so much more interesting. They talk about their parents all the time but I never heard these fun stories of them growing up together.

Few bits of information I found interesting:

I thought there was an Uncle Ned somewhere in the family. Isn’t Aunt Clara in the Lucy Show episode Lucy’s Mystery Guest married to Uncle Ned.

I don’t know where or who I heard that phrase “The first person to get hurt get’s hit.” but it was familiar. I like how they had no idea what that meant.

Apparently you could still smoke during TV interviews in the late 70s. Didn’t know Lucie once smoked, I know her brother did.

The stories about all their fights were fun to hear.

Interesting to know about sharing a room in NYC during the time of Wildcat. Lucy couldn’t rent a three bedroom?

Both kids look really good in this interview. Of the interviews I’ve seen with both of them together over the years all the way up to the most recent on that ABC Best of TV special you can tell they have a really great relationship and always have. It’s probably one of those shared bonds of no one can really understand what it was like growing up in the family they did.

The Youtube segment seamed to cutoff in the middle of something. Was this longer? Is there a second part somewhere on Youtube?

I agree with you Taylor, I’m an only child too so I can’t relate to sibling stories, but this was fun.

Really cute interview. The Annie Get Your Gun reference is what dates this as this is the show Lucie was doing at the time she got the audition for They’re Playing Our Song. I really like that the interviewer here didn’t do another “what was it like growing up” piece as by now I’ve heard it plenty of times. Focusing on their brother/sister relationship was so much more interesting. They talk about their parents all the time but I never heard these fun stories of them growing up together.

Few bits of information I found interesting:

I thought there was an Uncle Ned somewhere in the family. Isn’t Aunt Clara in the Lucy Show episode Lucy’s Mystery Guest married to Uncle Ned.

I don’t know where or who I heard that phrase “The first person to get hurt get’s hit.” but it was familiar. I like how they had no idea what that meant.

Apparently you could still smoke during TV interviews in the late 70s. Didn’t know Lucie once smoked, I know her brother did.

The stories about all their fights were fun to hear.

Interesting to know about sharing a room in NYC during the time of Wildcat. Lucy couldn’t rent a three bedroom?

Both kids look really good in this interview. Of the interviews I’ve seen with both of them together over the years all the way up to the most recent on that ABC Best of TV special you can tell they have a really great relationship and always have. It’s probably one of those shared bonds of no one can really understand what it was like growing up in the family they did.

The Youtube segment seamed to cutoff in the middle of something. Was this longer? Is there a second part somewhere on Youtube?

Regarding them having to share a bedroom when they were staying in New York, I think Lucy's apartment was a 3-bedroom but DeDe also came along and would've taken the third bedroom.

Archived