TV Land Returns I Love Lucy (Effective Monday, February 4th, 2013)

Harrison

TV Land will return I Love Lucy on February 4th, 2013 in its regular 10-11am timeslot. The cycle resumes with "L.A. At Last!" and "Don Juan and the Starlets".

I guess TV Land had a plan set to showcase the very best of The Dick Van Dyke Show for the last two weeks of January. Nonetheless, Lucy "had to be removed" to make it possible. With that said, it should be noted that The Dick Van Dyke Show will too resume its regular cycle on February 4th. Episodes for that day are "Washington vs. the Bunny" and "Oh How We Met the Night That We Danced".

Beginning January 21st, TV Land will replace I Love Lucy with two more episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show. Thus Lucy will be off TV Land's line-up completely. According to the network's schedule, the show will not be airing for the remainder of January.

Tomorrow is the last day to catch I Love Lucy on TV Land until further notice.

So, what's new, haven't they taken her off before? I would N E V E R watch that channel if my life depended on it, we have many better channels on these days that remember when this network had decent programming. And THEY show us classic shows like I Love Lucy instead of the garbage that is prevelent on tv these days.

So, what's new, haven't they taken her off before? I would N E V E R watch that channel if my life depended on it, we have many better channels on these days that remember when this network had decent programming. And THEY show us classic shows like I Love Lucy instead of the garbage that is prevelent on tv these days.

The last time was at the start of 2009 as they lost the rights to the show. The show was reacquired and was brought back to the line-up last June.

It doesn't matter anymore. TV Land is increasingly becoming less revelant as a classic television network. Its best days are behind them.

Well at least ILL is still on ME-TV and they still love her. I always have ME-TV on (Just like I used to do with TVLand back in the day) and ILL is still on Hallmark, so there are a lot of ILL airings every week. Just wish we could get some daily reruns of The Lucy Show and even more importantly Here’s Lucy, as that show never got enough syndication time. I am sure TVLand will bring back the show at some point again, as they have done before.

But they did drop her Christmas ornaments. But there's always someone else waiting to pick up the slack, in this case, Carlton Cards.

What a mess that was! :lucyshock: I got a handy dandy broom and dust pan to clean that up. :lucy1:

I like that Hallmark is showing about four hours of her shows in the morning but I am disappointed in the poor visual quality of those episodes. It looks like the public domain version of them. They are faded and blurry in the long shot scenes.

Since the retro revival of the golden age of television the last few years, It looks like TVLand has attempted to profit from it by providing a sprinkling sample of the 1960's sitcoms like "The Andy Griffith Show" and "The Dick Van Dyke Show". "I Love Lucy" was the only 1950's sitcom that they were showing. TVLand's great contribution at the present time is their own sitcoms like "Hot In Cleveland" and "Happily Divorced". I watch those as well as "Roseanne" and "The Andy Griffith Show". Since "I Love Lucy" was being shown with either one or two episodes a day, I usually missed them when they were on.

I no longer watched TV Land or Nickelodeon. Both channels stink and are not showing the good old fashioned classic comedies. Nick-At-Night was great in the 90's. We had I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

I think it's now time for a specialty channel that's been wanting for years now, THE DESILU CHANNEL, all of Lucy's shows and any show filmed at Desilu, LOL!

I no longer watched TV Land or Nickelodeon. Both channels stink and are not showing the good old fashioned classic comedies. Nick-At-Night was great in the 90's. We had I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show, and The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour.

There was also Here's Lucy on PAX-TV in the late 90s. That channel sucks now just like the other two.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived