Candid Footage of "Life With Lucy" Cast

LucyEths

Has anyone seen the YouTube video of the Life With Lucy wrap party with the cast? It's candid footage of all the actors and their friends and family in someones backyard. I cannot find it on YouTube as it has a simple title to the video and hard to seach. If someone has it as their favorites, can you post the link on here? It's such a cool video and I want to add it to my favorites. Thanks!

It's circulated in the trading world for years. Don't get Claude started on this video. I haven't seen it in years but didn't Lucy have her little dog with her?

Yes, she had Tinker with her. I think it was the backyard of Jenny Lewis' family. Lucy looks kinda wistful but puts on a brave face.

For a star of her stature, it was demeaning, any of us have thrown better parties, i guess the way we thought they lived and the way they really did are two totally different things, sorta like night and day.

Not just that, and it was not just an affair for her, it was a private party held at the rented family home of one of the child stars. Perhaps it was the best they could do and it was a nice gesture. Given the circumstances of the party though everyone seems to be having a remarkably good time, all things considering.

Not just that, and it was not just an affair for her, it was a private party held at the rented family home of one of the child stars. Perhaps it was the best they could do and it was a nice gesture. Given the circumstances of the party though everyone seems to be having a remarkably good time, all things considering.

Oh you're right, i like the whole mood, just hated the cheapness of it all.

Maybe some day everyone will try to understand that this party had nothing to do with stature, glitzy Hollywood or frugality. It was a simple, wonderful gesture to get everyone involved (that wanted to or was able to) together again just to celebrate. Lucy and Gary enjoyed themselves with the LWL company and that was that. No limos, no fancy food, no "airs" put on...just plain folks that happened to be a part of each other's company at that point in time. Granted, the most famous woman in television was there, but honestly...she had a 'wundaful' time.

Maybe some day everyone will try to understand that this party had nothing to do with stature, glitzy Hollywood or frugality. It was a simple, wonderful gesture to get everyone involved (that wanted to or was able to) together again just to celebrate. Lucy and Gary enjoyed themselves with the LWL company and that was that. No limos, no fancy food, no "airs" put on...just plain folks that happened to be a part of each other's company at that point in time. Granted, the most famous woman in television was there, but honestly...she had a 'wundaful' time.

I understand that but the party SHOULD had had some quality to it! I'm curious as to why Ann couldn't attend.

I've never disagreed with any of your posts Rickee, BUT, as an insider you know very well that Lucy was NOT happy there, she acted happy for the sake of the others and appreciated the gesture as you said, mr cheap was happy though, there you're right, he was thrilled that he had scored that pay off from ABC to fill his coffers. I think that's the reason i only viewed this one time, because i could feel Lucy's pain, due to the situation of her career in tv being over and the headlines that followed about the death of TV's Queen.

Maybe some day everyone will try to understand that this party had nothing to do with stature, glitzy Hollywood or frugality. It was a simple, wonderful gesture to get everyone involved (that wanted to or was able to) together again " just to celebrate. " Lucy and Gary enjoyed themselves with the LWL company and that was that. No limos, no fancy food, no "airs" put on...just plain folks that happened to be a part of each other's company at that point in time. Granted, the most famous woman in television was there, but honestly...she had a 'wundaful' time.

Celebrate what? To MOURN maybe.

No, that i could live with, Lucy had paper plates for Lucie's wedding on Roxbury. She was a very simple woman, that would not have bothered her.

I was hoping you would laugh at my comment! LOL! :lucycoy:....................or at least be shocked that I could say that! :lucydaze:

Sadly, I think this is a lost cause by now.

I perfectly understand that the party was given by a cast member at a rented house and was not meant to be ostentatious in any way, my problem lies with the fact that this was the Lucy who had to pretend to be strong as Lucie said herself about Desi's death and do you think she even wanted to attend and be reminded of that dismal failure of a tv series? At least, i'm sure she enjoyed being with her old friends and new ones too. We've all read the stories about her giving clothes to Ann out of her own closet and being so despondant about these people losing their jobs after only weeks.

I perfectly understand that the party was given by a cast member at a rented house and was not meant to be ostentatious in any way, my problem lies with the fact that this was the Lucy who had to pretend to be strong as Lucie said herself about Desi's death and do you think she even wanted to attend and be reminded of that dismal failure of a tv series? At least, i'm sure she enjoyed being with her old friends and new ones too. We've all read the stories about her giving clothes to Ann out of her own closet and being so despondant about these people losing their jobs after only weeks.

Hence my curiosity as to why Ann was unable to attend the event?

I don't know... I seem to remeber that party being kinda dull... (been a while since I have seen that clip)... I did like seeing LUCY arrive tho... everyone at that party must not be as big a FAN as me since they didn't mob her when she stepped out onto the wooden deck... I would say it was a nice guesture.. and I would say those giving the party could have done a better job hosting... BUT she did seem to enjoy herself .. you can hear her deep belly laugh over the music.. which always makes me smile.. I sure would like to have been there when it was going on.. but I was then like 17 and surely would have been too giddy to stay!!! They all probably would have had to ask me to leave lol!

Archived