Candid Footage of "Life With Lucy" Cast

LucyEths

everyone at that party must not be as big a FAN as me since they didn't mob her when she stepped out onto the wooden deck...

These were people who saw and worked with Lucy every day for months. I'm sure they were all excited and couldn't believe their good fortune that they worked with Lucy, but they were not going to mob her. They just wanted this 75 year old woman to be comfortable at this party for all of them.

These were people who saw and worked with Lucy every day for months. I'm sure they were all excited and couldn't believe their good fortune that they worked with Lucy, but they were not going to mob her. They just wanted this 75 year old woman to be comfortable at this party for all of them.

I hope you understand I was trying to make a little joke.. jus saying... I would have to coat the house in gold and diamonds bfore I could let my favorite lady in...lol... I know that party was very nice.. and god love her Lucille is a practiacal woman and sure seemed to enjoy herself...paper cups and all

Maybe some day everyone will try to understand that this party had nothing to do with stature, glitzy Hollywood or frugality. It was a simple, wonderful gesture to get everyone involved (that wanted to or was able to) together again just to celebrate. Lucy and Gary enjoyed themselves with the LWL company and that was that. No limos, no fancy food, no "airs" put on...just plain folks that happened to be a part of each other's company at that point in time. Granted, the most famous woman in television was there, but honestly...she had a 'wundaful' time.

Perfectly stated. No doubt Lucy was heartbroken. The death of Desi and her show was cancelled. Why wouldn't she? But I have a feeling this was bittersweet. They were wrapping up her fallen show but on the other hand it was a time to celebrate the fun they had. She also seemed to be with Gale most of the time. She surrounded herself with people that made her happy and had a few laughs. What's the harm in that?

Desi hadn't passed away yet ... it was November 16th and he died on December 2nd, but he was still dying.

Anybody know the exact address of the house? I want to see what it looked like on the outside. Also, who were those balloons in the background for?

Also, is there footage of the other cast party in the house that had no furniture in it, where Lucy showed up late and just wandered around looking sad? I think all I've seen are photos of her from that party.

Desi hadn't passed away yet ... it was November 16th and he died on December 2nd, but he was still dying.

Anybody know the exact address of the house? I want to see what it looked like on the outside. Also, who were those balloons in the background for?

Also, is there footage of the other cast party in the house that had no furniture in it, where Lucy showed up late and just wandered around looking sad? I think all I've seen are photos of her from that party.

Oh! I was getting those two parties mixed! Thanks for clearing that up! What would I do without my Lucy pals with such great information? What date was the second party on?

Maybe some day everyone will try to understand that this party had nothing to do with stature, glitzy Hollywood or frugality. It was a simple, wonderful gesture to get everyone involved (that wanted to or was able to) together again just to celebrate. Lucy and Gary enjoyed themselves with the LWL company and that was that. No limos, no fancy food, no "airs" put on...just plain folks that happened to be a part of each other's company at that point in time. Granted, the most famous woman in television was there, but honestly...she had a 'wundaful' time.

And it's probably the very kind of "party" Lucy herself would have thrown given her own love of paper plates and the "hot dogs and ice water" get togethers that "I Loved Lucy" author writes about. I think these people were just happy to have worked with Lucy and if the end result was a short run and less than raves, well they were still going to celebrate the experience. I certainly would have. Lucy, a woman of the people if ever there was one, I think fully understood even if she was personally devastated by the experience.

And it's probably the very kind of "party" Lucy herself would have thrown given her own love of paper plates and the "hot dogs and ice water" get togethers that "I Loved Lucy" author writes about. I think these people were just happy to have worked with Lucy and if the end result was a short run and less than raves, well they were still going to celebrate the experience. I certainly would have. Lucy, a woman of the people if ever there was one, I think fully understood even if she was personally devastated by the experience.

Yes, she was devestated but too much of a class act NOT to attend an event some people were nice enough to throw for her. And as Lee also stated in his book, she would not have been happy with an expensive blow out, she liked things simple and inexpensive.

Yes, she was devestated but too much of a class act NOT to attend an event some people were nice enough to throw for her. And as Lee also stated in his book, she would not have been happy with an expensive blow out, she liked things simple and inexpensive.

True but for the average viewer it's the obvious remark - WHY does the party look cheap?

Archived