M.P.I. Home Video

LucyImHome

I wonder what's next for MPI, now that they've finished up with Here's Lucy, The Honeymooners, and My Favorite Martian. I think they have intentions of putting out volume 2 of My Living Doll, but other that that, all that seems to be on their agenda is contemorary movies. I keep hoping for an announcement about Life With Lucy, or a surprise with news of some other classic tv show(s)!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what's next for MPI, now that they've finished up with Here's Lucy, The Honeymooners, and My Favorite Martian. I think they have intentions of putting out volume 2 of My Living Doll, but other that that, all that seems to be on their agenda is contemorary movies. I keep hoping for an announcement about Life With Lucy, or a surprise with news of some other classic tv show(s)!

Would love to see not only Lucy's "All star party" get a dvd release but the other specials in this series as well. And hopefully her Nashville special too - there are at least two of dvd releases of country music specials from this period now on dvd which would appeal to the same audience, and Lucy is icing on the cake.

As I said before, I am absolutely certain Life With Lucy will get a dvd release one day... after all if there is a market for Lucy Moves to NBC.... :lucycoy:

I wish they'd get their hands on Our Miss Brooks. I doubt CBS ever would do anything with it officially.

I wonder how many OMB episodes survive. A lot of these old 50s/early 60s shows that were never really marketed beyond their first few years seem to have fallen under a lack of care and several episodes are now lost (Loretta Young and Barbara Stanwyck's show for instance) making it impossible to release "complete" seasons for some years.

Would love to see not only Lucy's "All star party" get a dvd release but the other specials in this series as well. And hopefully her Nashville special too - there are at least two of dvd releases of country music specials from this period now on dvd which would appeal to the same audience, and Lucy is icing on the cake.

As I said before, I am absolutely certain Life With Lucy will get a dvd release one day... after all if there is a market for Lucy Moves to NBC.... :lucycoy:

Yes, the All Star Party tops my list also, and a LUCY dvd showing a compilation of the Kennedy Center Honors, Hope's special Love Affair with Lucy, all her great work on talk shows and quiz shows too of course. Just saw that Merv Griffin show with Lucy as his guest that is being used as a promo for selling all the 2000 hours that Merv has available.

I'd love to see Lucy Comes to Nashville on DVD. The only copies on Youtube are so worn out that they're different colors.

I'd also like to know, who's idea this was. Doesn't seem like a Lucy thing. I mean this in a good way.

When nobody asks you to do anything else, you grasp at whatever they do want you to do. So she hosted this special, it was very good and i too cannot wait for it to come out on DVD.

I'd love to see Lucy Comes to Nashville on DVD. The only copies on Youtube are so worn out that they're different colors.

I'd also like to know, who's idea this was. Doesn't seem like a Lucy thing. I mean this in a good way.

Don't know the ratings but it was definitely not a bad career move; country music was pretty hot at the time and a lot of the guest stars like Barbara Mandrell, Lynn Anderson, and Mel Tillis were big selling singers at the time. And it's fair to say a big portion of Lucy's audience was also the same crowd. I did read though Lucy did it as a favor to one of the producers who was a good friend of hers.

Just like Carol followed Lucy in a GWTW parody, she also followed Lucy in a Nashville special just a year after Lucy's, although Carol's was with Dolly Parton in an attempt to make a "country" version of her specials with Julie Andrews.

I would have liked to have seen Minnie Pearl work with Lucy on this special, that would have been fun but perhaps she wasn't there because she had been on Ann-Margret's country special the year before. Not sure if A-M started this trend of Hollywood stars doing country music specials.

Don't know the ratings but it was definitely not a bad career move; country music was pretty hot at the time and a lot of the guest stars like Barbara Mandrell, Lynn Anderson, and Mel Tillis were big selling singers at the time. And it's fair to say a big portion of Lucy's audience was also the same crowd. I did read though Lucy did it as a favor to one of the producers who was a good friend of hers.

Just like Carol followed Lucy in a GWTW parody, she also followed Lucy in a Nashville special just a year after Lucy's, although Carol's was with Dolly Parton in an attempt to make a "country" version of her specials with Julie Andrews.

I would have liked to have seen Minnie Pearl work with Lucy on this special, that would have been fun but perhaps she wasn't there because she had been on Ann-Margret's country special the year before. Not sure if A-M started this trend of Hollywood stars doing country music specials.

Especially considering Lucy had played a Minnie Pearl like character on the Dean Martin show, LOL! Fresno? Oh you can't get there from here! Do you know the name of that producer?

Yes, the All Star Party tops my list also, and a LUCY dvd showing a compilation of the Kennedy Center Honors, Hope's special Love Affair with Lucy, all her great work on talk shows and quiz shows too of course. Just saw that Merv Griffin show with Lucy as his guest that is being used as a promo for selling all the 2000 hours that Merv has available.

Would love to see the Griffin shows available as downloads of individual episodes for sale, that seems the best idea since a boxed set of "best" episodes would be somebody else's pick plus might tend to be edited. Who is selling the 2,000 hours and where did you see the promo?

MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH LUCY would definitely be a great dvd release also would love to see CBS REMEMBERS LUCY which aired the night of her death and the ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT special episode on dvd although I have all these on old videos. ABC'S NIGHTLINE actually did release the "Lucille Ball Dies" episode on vhs years ago.

Especially considering Lucy had played a Minnie Pearl like character on the Dean Martin show, LOL! Fresno? Oh you can't get there from here! Do you know the name of that producer?

Unfortunately I don't know who the producer friend was but the full credits are probably on IMDb, maybe someone will know if any of those guys worked with Lucy previously and we could figure it out.

Unfortunately I don't know who the producer friend was but the full credits are probably on IMDb, maybe someone will know if any of those guys worked with Lucy previously and we could figure it out.

Never mind, i'll watch my copy and check out the credits. Seeing as they put The Lucille Ball Comedy Hour on one of the dvds, you'd think they would have included this one on another dvd also.

Never mind, i'll watch my copy and check out the credits. Seeing as they put The Lucille Ball Comedy Hour on one of the dvds, you'd think they would have included this one on another dvd also.

Yeah but this one is going to be 'spensive clearing all those music rights so if it surfaces it will definitely be it's own release.

I LOVED that Carol Burnett special that co-starred Dolly Parton! Another forgotten gem that should be release on home video, along with all the specials CB did with Ms. Andrews! Now that would be a great box set! :D

I LOVED that Carol Burnett special that co-starred Dolly Parton! Another forgotten gem that should be release on home video, along with all the specials CB did with Ms. Andrews! Now that would be a great box set! :D

Yeah, you're right, i wonder why they never released those three Carol Burnett specials with Julie Andrews and Beverly Sills and Dolly Parton.

Archived