What did Lucy think of these celebrities?

chedderchester

----I often wonder what she said about these celebrities/singers

Richard Simmons (mentioned him in a Bob Hope show in 1983)

The Rolling Stones

Fran Drescher (Fran started to become popular in the 80s after appearing in several movies, and played Connie in Saturday Night Fever)

The Who

The Doors/Jim Morrison

Queen

The Beatles (mentioned several times on TLS and once on HL so maybe she liked them)

Cookie Monster/Sesame Street/Jim Henson muppets (I saw a picture of her entertaining some kid in a hospital bed with an Animal puppet)

Michael Jackson (she loved the Jackson 5 but who knows if she was a fan of his later stuff)

Howie Mandel

Gene Wilder

Desi Arnaz (JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :lucyhaha: )

]

Michael Jackson (she loved the Jackson 5 but who knows if she was a fan of his later stuff)[/b]

I read somewhere:

She attended or participated in a show that Michael Jackson was in. Michael Jackson was either late for it or was holding up production of the show. Lucy made a crack that he must have set his hair on fire again or words to that effect.

I read somewhere:

She attended or participated in a show that Michael Jackson was in. Michael Jackson was either late for it or was holding up production of the show. Lucy made a crack that he must have set his hair on fire again or words to that effect.

LMAO! Although probably untrue it made me laugh! If it is true gotta love OUR girl! xx

Lucy was a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson with the Jackson 5 in 1974, Lucy said she wanted to stay past her segment and watch them perform because she loved them. After they performed, Lucy gave each Jackson a big kiss. Lucy's opinion of Michael could have changed in the following years, though.

• 1 month later...

----I often wonder what she said about these celebrities/singers

Richard Simmons (mentioned him in a Bob Hope show in 1983)

The Rolling Stones

Fran Drescher (Fran started to become popular in the 80s after appearing in several movies, and played Connie in Saturday Night Fever)

The Who

The Doors/Jim Morrison

Queen

The Beatles (mentioned several times on TLS and once on HL so maybe she liked them)

Cookie Monster/Sesame Street/Jim Henson muppets (I saw a picture of her entertaining some kid in a hospital bed with an Animal puppet)

Michael Jackson (she loved the Jackson 5 but who knows if she was a fan of his later stuff)

Howie Mandel

Gene Wilder

Desi Arnaz (JUST KIDDING!!!!!! :lucyhaha: )

I don't think Lucy liked rock n'roll in the least of course she probably heard quite a bit of it when Desi Jr and Lucie were kids in the 60s (though it seems Lucie was always more into Broadway and easy listening music?) . Desi Jr of course was part of a briefly successful teen idol pop act. I can't see Lucy ever sitting down to listen to a Beatles or Rolling Stones album with the kids and doubt she was remotely familiar with the acts that were popular after her kids left the nest.

It's a shock to realize she never appeared on THE MUPPET SHOW which seems an ideal fit for her at the time and of course they had lots of her contemporaries on the show, never watched it regularly but I believe Carol Channing, Ethel Merman, Bob Hope, and others did it, also younger names like Bea Arthur and Valerie Harper. Wasn't this the show Valerie did "The Man in the Moon is a Girl" from MAME as Marilyn Monroe? Or maybe it was the Hudson Bros. short-lived variety show.

Fran Drescher never registered to me during Lucy's lifetime so I wouldn't be surprised if Lucy never heard of her.

It's a shock to realize she never appeared on THE MUPPET SHOW which seems an ideal fit for her at the time and of course they had lots of her contemporaries on the show, never watched it regularly but I believe Carol Channing, Ethel Merman, Bob Hope, and others did it, also younger names like Bea Arthur and Valerie Harper. Wasn't this the show Valerie did "The Man in the Moon is a Girl" from MAME as Marilyn Monroe? Or maybe it was the Hudson Bros. short-lived variety show.

Valerie Harper sang "Broadway Baby" as Marilyn Monroe, Ethel Merman, and Mae West on The Muppet Show. She actually does a very good Marilyn impression. She must have done "The Man in the Moon" on the Hudson Brothers show. I think it is really surprising Lucy was never a Muppet Show guest star. She had to have been asked. Carol Burnett, Kaye Ballard, Danny Kaye, and Milton Berle were also among the Lucy related people who guested on the show.

Valerie Harper sang "Broadway Baby" as Marilyn Monroe, Ethel Merman, and Mae West on The Muppet Show. She actually does a very good Marilyn impression. She must have done "The Man in the Moon" on the Hudson Brothers show. I think it is really surprising Lucy was never a Muppet Show guest star. She had to have been asked. Carol Burnett, Kaye Ballard, Danny Kaye, and Milton Berle were also among the Lucy related people who guested on the show.

Maybe those Muppets freaked her out. I loved them when I was a kid but... :lucydisgust: . Have you looked at their eyes? They're like dead eyes! :lucydaze:

I thought it was the Hudson show as they sang background in drag and the skit ended with their skirts blowing ala Marilyn's in SEVEN YEAR ITCH but I guess I remembered her from MUPPET SHOW too and didn't realize she also did Marilyn there. Nor did I know both shows were produced by the same folks until reading the caption on this photo I just found this of Valerie from her appearance on ebay http://www.ebay.com/...d=230821724959 Wow, talk about an insulting opening line "No one would call Valerie Harper a beauty...." what gentlemanly genius wrote that photo caption?

I thought it was the Hudson show as they sang background in drag and the skit ended with their skirts blowing ala Marilyn's in SEVEN YEAR ITCH but I guess I remembered her from MUPPET SHOW too and didn't realize she also did Marilyn there. Nor did I know both shows were produced by the same folks until reading the caption on this photo I just found this of Valerie from her appearance on ebay http://www.ebay.com/...d=230821724959 Wow, talk about an insulting opening line "No one would call Valerie Harper a beauty...." what gentlemanly genius wrote that photo caption?

Funny, you and Harry mentioning this, I never missed the Muppet show and ALWAYS wondered why Lucy never appeared on this obvious G rated worldwide phenomenon.

Archived