Entertainment Weekly top 100 TV shows

I believe I Love Lucy was ranked the 6th best sitcom and the 11th best series overall. It was clear these lists were compiled by a drunk orangutan.

If Lucy is #6 in sitcoms, and Simpsons and Seinfeld are #1&2, what shows were #3,4&5?

A drunken orangutan or a punch-drunk pelican.

I'd love to be part of the meetings where they come up with the idea of doing these stupid lists, I mean, who -- really -- gets to put them in the order they do?? And don't get me started about what they came up with in the music categories like "Best Duets" not to mention the Top 100 in that category itself -- obviously no one involved over 30 or 40 given so many omissions of folks who should be recognized when their heyday was the 60s - 70s, notably the Carpenters, Jackson Browne, Linda Ronstadt, Dan Fogelberg to name just a few...and so many more! Ugh!

#1 best TV show was The Wire. Tell me a list you haven even seen that in the top 10. I also take issue that the Stage section was plays only.

I know, I nearly dropped the magazine when I saw "the wire" at number one today. I refuse to buy it, but I did LOOK at it, then I put it back behind a decent magazine so nobody else sees this travesty of a list.

• 2 weeks later...

They are running a RAYMOND marathon on a local cable channel and it brought to mind that my top five shows for watching any marathon would have to be I Love Lucy, Everybody Loves Raymond, Roseanne, Friends and Will and Grace. The only drama that I can think of that i'd watch marathon style would be Six Feet Under. AND all six of those shows would make my all time top 100 shows.

They are running a RAYMOND marathon on a local cable channel and it brought to mind that my top five shows for watching any marathon would have to be I Love Lucy, Everybody Loves Raymond, Roseanne, Friends and Will and Grace. The only drama that I can think of that i'd watch marathon style would be Six Feet Under. AND all six of those shows would make my all time top 100 shows.

Such good taste! ;)... I'd have to add (if it were Top 10, that is), X-Files, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Carol Burnett Show, Maude and Bewitched (in no particular order, all-time faves all.)

Such good taste! ;)... I'd have to add (if it were Top 10, that is), X-Files, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Carol Burnett Show, Maude and Bewitched (in no particular order, all-time faves all.)

Sorry to say I could never get INTO X Files and would watch Mary and Carol but not the other two. Substitute The Lucy show and Golden Girls for moi. LOL!

There are certain shows that appeal to the critics but not a large audience, sometimes it's the other way around, others make a splash with only one demographic. I remember that happening with this Battlestar Gallactica among many others.

Archived