Profiles in History- Lucille Ball Auction from the Estate Elois Jenssen

What a treasure trove! This Drier person must have bought every big Lucy item ever on eBay. I had bid on Lucy's What's My Line? card several years ago when a bunch of the cards were on eBay. The "Lucy Carter Meets Lucille Ball" caftan was on display at the museum in 2005. I wonder if it was on loan from the Drier collection. Anyone know if the Elois Jensen sketches are the originals or the recreations done years later?

What a treasure trove! This Drier person must have bought every big Lucy item ever on eBay. I had bid on Lucy's What's My Line? card several years ago when a bunch of the cards were on eBay. The "Lucy Carter Meets Lucille Ball" caftan was on display at the museum in 2005. I wonder if it was on loan from the Drier collection. Anyone know if the Elois Jensen sketches are the originals or the recreations done years later?

I would imagine that they are originals and not reproductions if they are from her estate. But Im not entirely sure.

The caftan has made a few appearances since then. Was it 2005 when they auctioned off the "wearing rights" to the outfit, causing a minor storm in a teacup my making it ladies only? lol

Wow... I would find buying a lock of Lucy's hair a little scary. Lol... is it a piece of her wig?

There was a brief, unfortunate period in the Golden Age of Lucy Message Boards where having something with Lucy's DNA was all the rage. I'm glad those days are over and those strange people have more or less disappeared. lol

There was a brief, unfortunate period in the Golden Age of Lucy Message Boards where having something with Lucy's DNA was all the rage. I'm glad those days are over and those strange people have more or less disappeared. lol

Hahaha! They have lipstick too... maybe they could clone her! hahaha

Thank goodness no wigs are up for sale. Some people would be having quite the party.

This whole auction is fascinating. So who's getting the iconic polka dot dress? Some of the stuff to read is interesting. The visitation rights for the kids.

Also that caftan thing Lucy was wearing back in 61'?

Hey... if I had $40,000 to spare I'd happily buy it! Oh you're right, she is wearing the caftan in front of the Wildcat sign, that means she must have had it for over a decade... now I think there was more than one.

I'd be plunking some money down if Eloise's sketch of the Lured shower of stars dress's sketch was in that auction. My mother in law watched that movie last week and remarked that my wedding dress looked so much like it. She didn't know it was my inspiration.

Even though I won't be picking up any sketches this time I at least had the privilege to see her stuff in the convention auction in 97. That Hollywood Anniversary sketch is beautiful. Also the many thumbnails sketch. Image what the would have looked like in person.

Can anyone read the signatures on page 28 from the stockholders meeting? I can see a few, obviously Lucy... Dann... Fred...?

There's Martin Leeds thrice -- interesting to note he was trustee for Lucie and Desi Jr. -- Edwin Holly, Frank Jenkins (?), James Paisley, and Bernie Weitzman.

Archived