Lucy Goes Hawaiian

what does the general Lucy public think of this episode?

Note--this episode was shot on June 8th-22nd, 1970. Why the hell would they wait 7 months to air it?! Is that the longest Lucy tape/air gap there ever was? TLS's dj episode was shot in September of 1964 and kept getting preempted so it aired in April the following year, that's 7 months. If I were in charge I would've had it be the season PREMIERE and not the season FINALE

And why would the pool water be black on the ship? lol that's a pool I would never swim in. I know there's such a thing as "black pools" in some mansions but on a ship it should be blue.

I wish I could be a good ukelele player like the 2 Lucys. And of course they took Lucy "boarding" the ship from the original Bon Voyage episode.

:lucy2: Whats the matter, haven't you ever seen a person board a ship before?

Overall a good episode but it bugs me how they waited 7 months to air it.

what does the general Lucy public think of this episode?

Note--this episode was shot on June 8th-22nd, 1970. Why the hell would they wait 7 months to air it?! Is that the longest Lucy tape/air gap there ever was? TLS's dj episode was shot in September of 1964 and kept getting preempted so it aired in April the following year, that's 7 months. If I were in charge I would've had it be the season PREMIERE and not the season FINALE

And why would the pool water be black on the ship? lol that's a pool I would never swim in. I know there's such a thing as "black pools" in some mansions but on a ship it should be blue.

I wish I could be a good ukelele player like the 2 Lucys. And of course they took Lucy "boarding" the ship from the original Bon Voyage episode.

:lucy2: Whats the matter, haven't you ever seen a person board a ship before?

Overall a good episode but it bugs me how they waited 7 months to air it.

I assume you meant to type June 18th to the 22nd as I dun't thin they ever took 14 days to shoot a show. I assume the color black for the pool was for photography purposes, you know they couldn't make those fake pools very shallow. I'll never forget how fake that pool looked in Hollywood as everybody who went in could just stand to never have a chance of drowning. I assume the two Lucys faked their ukulele playing or did the easiest routine possible. Sorry I can't answer your question as to why they waited seven months to air it, I assume there WAS a reason and as long as they DID finally air it, who cares when it was?

No, I asked Tom Watson, he said part 1 was June 8th, then part 2 was June 22nd.

Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go sing Tiiiiiinny buuuubles

Oh yeah, forgot it was a two parter. Desi jr admitted he was spaced out on drugs or booze when he did that horrible version of Tiny Bubbles. He was still gorgeous though.

I think it is a great eposide that showcased everyone to a great advantage and gave everyone a chance to shine. It was funny and musically. I enjoyed these shows and I don't worry why they were held back but it could have been because the Burtons one was filmed later and deceided to be use and it was just put on the back burner.

I like to watch them in the order in which they were shot but it is a lot of disc switching so idk if it's worth the trouble. Where and when did he admit that he was stoned? Also, Barry Williams (Greg Brady) admitted he was stoned while shooting a scene during the Brady Bunch. Just look up on Youtube "Greg Brady stoned."

Oh yeah, forgot it was a two parter. Desi jr admitted he was spaced out on drugs or booze when he did that horrible version of Tiny Bubbles. He was still gorgeous though.

I thought he said he was spaced out on drugs when he was drumming in that Ernie Ford Fun Farm episode and his beats were a bit off. Well, I spose he was drunk or stoned a lot...lol.

I thought he said he was spaced out on drugs when he was drumming in that Ernie Ford Fun Farm episode and his beats were a bit off. Well, I spose he was drunk or stoned a lot...lol.

The problem with his drumming in Ernie's Fun Farm was that Desi wasn't happy with his drumming when they filmed it, so he re-recorded the sound later, but it ended up not matching what was on film. Desi has said that he had trouble drumming as a result of his addictions in the scene where he wakes up his mother in Lucy Loses Her Cool.

The problem with his drumming in Ernie's Fun Farm was that Desi wasn't happy with his drumming when they filmed it, so he re-recorded the sound later, but it ended up not matching what was on film. Desi has said that he had trouble drumming as a result of his addictions in the scene where he wakes up his mother in Lucy Loses Her Cool.

Ah okay. Thanks.

Archived