The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

I had a hunch that may have been it. I knew it wasn't 84 as Lucy's dress is wrong for that.

Yeah, THIS monstrosity looks nicer in color as it's GOLD and Black.  Remember looking at the Oscar wearers gowns in the tabloids or magazines after the broadcast and the colors looked different in some of them, blue in one, green in the other, well I noticed even without color, look at the TV Hall of Fame gorgeous black velvet number Lucy wore, well, it was great looking but the pic YOU showed us showed some of the actual detail up close and it looked very different, even nicer perhaps.  Or that Star is Born premiere and that necklace that looked gorgeous in black and white but cheap looking in color.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of posting my top 10 favorite outfits. Problem is I don’t think I have pics of all the outfits I like. Then do I pick TV, off-screen, or just combine it. A lot of stuff I like got worn in personal life. Maybe I should breakout movies to be their own category. I have to shift through what I have and work up something.

I like the idea of posting my top 10 favorite outfits. Problem is I don’t think I have pics of all the outfits I like. Then do I pick TV, off-screen, or just combine it. A lot of stuff I like got worn in personal life. Maybe I should breakout movies to be their own category. I have to shift through what I have and work up something.

No, no, you're overthinking it, you GREAT posters always worry too much.  Just her best ten outfits from anything she ever did or wore in her private life.  We won't ever SUE you over these so take it easy and just suggest what YOU would include, and if we stop at ten, that will be fine.  I nominate the blue outfit from the Variety Clubs gala, Bob Hope cultural center and the black velvet number from the TV Hall of fame and the Kennedy Center honors for Sammy Davis.  The gold and black number from the Oscars.  Those are MY fave three from her later private life and the best one from the movies might be the show one from That's Entertainment part three or Ziegfeild Follies opening, the gorgeous shiny one from The Big Street and the red velvet from the opening dance from Mame although I could include at least another five from that movie. 

Archived