The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure where you saw that the lady on the right was LB, but it is not. It is actress Elizabeth Allen who came as Dietrich from the film, "Morocco."

Here is a little history of this famous party shot.

In 1935, the Countess Dorothy DiFrasso threw a COME AS SOMEONE YOU’D LIKE TO BE costume party, and Marlene Dietrich decided upon the Greek myth of Leda and the Swan. She called upon the services of Paramount costume designer Travis Banton who spent as much time and care on her costume as for any film project, even picking the blue embroidered eyes of the bird out and redoing them in green when Dietrich objected to wearing a swan whose eyes matched her own. Here she is, acompanied by pals Clifton Webb (as Fu Manchu) and Elizabeth Allen, who came as Dietrich, herself.

Well, we certainly looks more like Lucy than Dietrich.

She's just doing comedy in the first, relax guys. That pic of her with Sinatra, the one where she's kissing him I saw in at least twenty magazines back then. Wasn't her hair gorgeous on her First lady of television tribute with Viv and the schmoe.

I was just kidding about the first photo. Hence the smiley! :)

prize.jpg

LB is shown here as the Grandmaster of the Western Days Parade in downtown Palm Springs in 1962.

Than you.  Always wondered being one of the most famous women in the world, why she was never asked to be the Grand Marshall of the Tournament of Roses parade.

This guy was a real prince, but of the aristocratic variety.

Speaking of which, who's the old broad who's royal but looks like her face is a crime against nature, the countess of something, Spanish maybe?  Always dressed as a fool and was seen at the last big royal wedding somewhere?  Oh and which one is the one you never liked because she'd done some unroyal like behavior in the Royal family, Duchess of Kent?  Princess Michael is it?

Speaking of which, who's the old broad who's royal but looks like her face is a crime against nature, the countess of something, Spanish maybe?  Always dressed as a fool and was seen at the last big royal wedding somewhere? 

The Duchess of Alba. Her face is a combination of unfortunate plastic surgery combined with an actual disease.

I know three of these but what's the one with Burnett, Cronkite and Sid Caesar from?

Could be the 15th Primetime Emmy Program; 1963, perhaps, with Lucille in audience; since, Cronkite, Caesar, and Burnett were presenters; photo-opportunity?  I'm still researching; perhaps, if no one here knows, I can find it tomorrow....JK

Could be the 15th Primetime Emmy Program; 1963, perhaps, with Lucille in audience; since, Cronkite, Caesar, and Burnett were presenters; photo-opportunity?  I'm still researching; perhaps, if no one here knows, I can find it tomorrow....JK

Oh I knew the whole group looked too old for 1963, I had a feeling it was The TV Hall of Fame but why only four nominees with Lucy who probably just presented to Carol or rather INDUCTED her, the Carol did it for Lucy.

Archived