Little Ricky a coworker?

Luvsbway

Well sort of for my husband Charlie, yes he will be. Got this really surreal news today. Charlie is a government contracter and works for a contract company that is based out of the town we live in. They have some government contracts as well as private sector ones in the IT field, including a contract with a PA based health insurance company. Well Charlie’s contract company’s boss emails him today that they just hired Joe Mayer to work for this health insurance company. And yes it is Little Ricky Joe Mayer, confirmed by his boss complete with autograph from a Lucy event and all he gave her.

This health insurance company has it’s corporate office in the next town over from where I live. What’s more funny is that the corporate office has their building next door to where the corporate office is for my company and that is the location I work from. So I literally drive by the building everyday. So does that mean I could run into Little Ricky getting off work some day?

Anyways Charlie’s boss knows that I am a Lucy fan and says that she has to get us together. I went back and read Neil’s account of the appearance he did last year and found that Neil said Joe is a train fan. So this is even more crazy as Charlie is a super, huge train fan and we have a garden railroad in our backyard (and lots more trains all over my house). So I foresee this guy making a little visit to my house someday.

According to what we got from Charlie’s boss he currently lives out of state but is going to relocate. He is looking for something temporary until they can find a place. Oh and this is cool, he has offered to do a free show for the company. Yeah I’m totally in for that.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sort of for my husband Charlie, yes he will be. Got this really surreal news today. Charlie is a government contracter and works for a contract company that is based out of the town we live in. They have some government contracts as well as private sector ones in the IT field, including a contract with a PA based health insurance company. Well Charlie’s contract company’s boss emails him today that they just hired Joe Mayer to work for this health insurance company. And yes it is Little Ricky Joe Mayer, confirmed by his boss complete with autograph from a Lucy event and all he gave her.

This health insurance company has it’s corporate office in the next town over from where I live. What’s more funny is that the corporate office has their building next door to where the corporate office is for my company and that is the location I work from. So I literally drive by the building everyday. So does that mean I could run into Little Ricky getting off work some day?

Anyways Charlie’s boss knows that I am a Lucy fan and says that she has to get us together. I went back and read Neil’s account of the appearance he did last year and found that Neil said Joe is a train fan. So this is even more crazy as Charlie is a super, huge train fan and we have a garden railroad in our backyard (and lots more trains all over my house). So I foresee this guy making a little visit to my house someday.

According to what we got from Charlie’s boss he currently lives out of state but is going to relocate. He is looking for something temporary until they can find a place. Oh and this is cool, he has offered to do a free show for the company. Yeah I’m totally in for that.

Wow, that's quite something!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so it’s happening. Little Ricky is coming to my house this Saturday. Charlie made contact with Joe. He is staying in the area with friends and is free to come over and see our railroad. So now it is like the President is coming and I have to clean the house, the Lucy Room and the backyard too. I feel like Lucy in Lucy Calls the President. As long as I don’t step in the potato salad and knock out my front teeth I will be fine.

Oh and he is looking for a place to stay before he finds something more permanent. Said that he just needed a room and if we knew of anyone that would like Little Ricky to come stay with them.

So I am taking questions anyone has for me to ask him this weekend. I’m sure we will be hanging out in the yard a lot as I have a G Scale railroad and that’s how we lured him over. So just hanging out, and talking Lucy and trains. Too bad none of you guys live close.

Oh and I should probably have him sign something from my collection. I have no Little Ricky dolls. I was thinking of finding a good page or 2 in one of my I Love Lucy books. Most of those are author autographed too. He’s bringing me a singed card he does at the shows, but I was trying to think of something else. It’s not like I’m getting any other Lucy people in the Lucy Room so I’m not going to have him sign the wall. Any thoughts?

Ok so it’s happening. Little Ricky is coming to my house this Saturday. Charlie made contact with Joe. He is staying in the area with friends and is free to come over and see our railroad. So now it is like the President is coming and I have to clean the house, the Lucy Room and the backyard too. I feel like Lucy in Lucy Calls the President. As long as I don’t step in the potato salad and knock out my front teeth I will be fine.

Oh and he is looking for a place to stay before he finds something more permanent. Said that he just needed a room and if we knew of anyone that would like Little Ricky to come stay with them.

So I am taking questions anyone has for me to ask him this weekend. I’m sure we will be hanging out in the yard a lot as I have a G Scale railroad and that’s how we lured him over. So just hanging out, and talking Lucy and trains. Too bad none of you guys live close.

Oh and I should probably have him sign something from my collection. I have no Little Ricky dolls. I was thinking of finding a good page or 2 in one of my I Love Lucy books. Most of those are author autographed too. He’s bringing me a singed card he does at the shows, but I was trying to think of something else. It’s not like I’m getting any other Lucy people in the Lucy Room so I’m not going to have him sign the wall. Any thoughts?

Hope he doesn't start crying for no reason while you have that reception for him, LOL! Ever imitate a Pekingese dog?

Archived