EMMY AWARDS, SEPTEMBER 22

C L A U D E

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My final verdict was that the show was mostly boring, when will they learn to focus MORE COMEDY on the show to liven it up instead of stupid ass dance numbers that belong on the TONYS and not the EMMYS.  And next year, fix that In Memoriam section, show clips of the people that passed on instead of eulogizing them.  As ALBERT BROOKS tweeted today, "when I die, show clips and shut the F*** up!"

That dance number has no place on television.

Dontcha thin more comedy might have saved this show, I mean, the one thing I remember most was that winner for supporting actress who just said THANKS, OK< BYE now or gotta go now, now THAT WAS FUNNY.  Will Ferrell, who I never liked and is more movies than TV anyway, saved the show at the end with that BIT of his, but it sorta ruined the effect of presenting the two most important awards of the night though.  I was shocked to read today that they said his three cute boys were cuter than the kids on Modern Family.  That was as mean as when I keep saying the kids on Raymond were the worst part of a show that has the wife and brother as the worst characters on tv.  LOL!  Just joking now, all five did have their moments.

Well, just looked at the entire show and it's not as bad when you're not on the computer while watching it.  Still not good enough though, needed more comedy and next time, In Memoriam, just one time with EVERYBODY in it.  I'm surprised they had Jeannie Cooper on there and not at the Daytime Emmys one instead.  Looked for that Lucy clip I missed, just the one shot during the DANCE number, it was so fast I had to play it back ten times to see her, yes, one of the times she presented i'm sure but i'll be damned if I know which one, she was on so many times.

Just watched ET for the first time in a very long time, can't stand the show's frenetic pace and five second sound bites to get a younger audience.  Larry Hagman's son has weighed in on his dad's NOT getting a special segment as did Cory Monteith on the Emmys.  Gotta say, I totally agree with him, his dad deserved  more than three seconds.

Archived