Between I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show and Here's Lucy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love you.  Finally someone concurs with my opinion of the show when it became too much Lucie and not enough Lucy.

I agree too.  Lucie was not Lucy and that pilot was not that funny.  If some thought Here's Lucy was a little dated this pilot is so dated it feels like it is the 50s not 1972.  It isn't laugh out loud funny and the supporting cast is worse then Lucie.  They are acting not being the part.  Lucie is better than Lucy only as a singer and can match her mother's great dancing skills. 

I like Tennessee Ernie's fun farm commercial skit and the dance number at the end (I love 1960s-1970s music).  However, the middle is awful.  Tennessee butchered the song "Green Apples"  and it didn't have enough of Lucy and all.  The Lucy Show one is worse though.  Nothing is funnier there. 

On the Starmaker I like it just because I like Frankie singing.  However there is no Lucy there.  She is like a supporting character not a star.  That happened also in all three Wayne Newton ones. Wayne's singing is great (and the last Lucy and Gale do have fun moments on the farm) but it is again not about Lucy and even her family is more supporting Wayne.  However that doesn't bother me since Lucy like encouraging newer talent and was found of Wayne and probably of Frankie too.  I think Frankie going solo was newer at the time he guested with Lucy.

Lucy and Danny Thomas - I forgot but that one is horrible   It is old hat.  We have seen these situations before funnier and Danny is so annoying to Lucy it irrates me and I cringe.

I forgot but those 2 Chinese ones are horrible. I hate the racial stereotypes in it and they weren't that funny.  I thought it was charming but Lucy's Birthday too was uncomfortable to watch. 

I agree too.  Lucie was not Lucy and that pilot was not that funny.  If some thought Here's Lucy was a little dated this pilot is so dated it feels like it is the 50s not 1972.  It isn't laugh out loud funny and the supporting cast is worse then Lucie.  They are acting not being the part.  Lucie is better than Lucy only as a singer and can match her mother's great dancing skills. 

They both had gorgeous legs too.

Raingodawful .. First time I saw Lucy the Sheriff, I liked it.. .saw it recently an HATED IT.... So lesson to learn: watch these sober lol. Drafted has grown on me. .. I really really dont like Superman...

Know what you mean, just saw Mooney the monkey as it wasn't as bad as I remembered it.

Nope just Lucy.

Sorry about picking on your spelling of B E R L E 's name, but you've been free of this old bitchy queen for weeks now, so I was getting back on track.  Hey, seeing as i'm talking to YOU dear love, was looking for your jewellery thread to say that the diamond brooch she wore often on The Lucy show is so pretty, one of the nicest pieces she ever wore.

And there's my favorite, not knowing when to use "its" or "it's"!! Really?? It's that hard, tis it?? ;):vanda:

Doesn't help any that these morons on tv speak so badly, when they do that mock black speak, sheesh!  Sammy Davis started that back in Lucy's day, here come da judge, do the name Irving Lipshitz ring any bells? etc . . . LOL!  Sheryl Underwood does that today on a tv show called The Talk of all things, LOL!

Here's Lucy's Sammy Davis episode. Gives me a headache just thinking about it. Absolute torture. Cant believe it made it to the "Best Of' DVD set.

HR's Safari can't be the worst. Lucy dancing for rain is funny. Love when she dances like that. Laugh at it every time.

I think the producers of that DVD set were trying to appeal to other fans who weren't necessarily Lucy fans. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Only I Love Lucy episode I've seen that I think was a little weak was:

The Ricardos Dedicate a Statue, I think it was called? I don't know, I just thought it was a little weak. :(

I haven't seen any of Life with Lucy or The Lucy Show, though. The few I've seen of Here's Lucy, I honestly don't remember exactly what happened in them. :P

Archived