• Last Reply

The evolution of the bedroom.

789web.jpg

985.jpg

bedroomf.JPG

And the other side.

bed1.jpg

small.jpg

These shots of the ranch just keep getting better, and one in color yet.  I wonder if that BIG CHEST at the foot of the bed is a hidden tv that comes up, guess not, this was before THOSE became the norm.   I find it funny when i scour flea markets and such for things i know she once owned, i got three of those curio cabinets, just like her, i've found things similar to the I Love Lucy set also.

I want to get a set of the ivy pattern dishes.  Just one or 2 place setting.  They are all over etsy and ebay.  Apparently they were made for something like 20 years.

You can notice in these shots the bedroom went from hardwood to carpet.

Yeah and when they discovered it wasn't healthy to have carpeting under the bed, they probably went back to hardwood, LOL!  Those dishes are fantastic, i would also buy some of those, they even had a set of other things that went with them, once on a shelf on the kitchen wall.

Beautiful home but GOD that wallpaper was hideous!! :lucyeww:  Wonder what Des thought of  all the "frilly" stuff??! :vanda:

Well, at THAT time, wallpaper and especially floral wallpaper was very IN.  Also, every place she had focused on curtains and drapes that were frilly or well adorned, i don't mind any of that but really hate those early American things, doilies on couch backs and tables, had to live through that and never liked it then and certainly would never tolerate any of that now.  ALTHOUGH like i said before i did get some curio cabinets just because she had them everywhere.

That's not your ordinary little white picket fence, that's a major work and i guess to try and keep the Duchess of Devonshire INside the perimeter?

Well I'm sure even being out in the middle of nowhere they wanted their privacy....they were after all a couple of hot-for-each-other newlyweds, ya know what I'm sayin'?? Hubba, hubba! :lucythrill:

Well I'm sure even being out in the middle of nowhere they wanted their privacy....they were after all a couple of hot-for-each-other newlyweds, ya know what I'm sayin'?? Hubba, hubba! :lucythrill:

Yes, but if it was merely for privacy, wouldn't the fence be without holes in it?  I think it was to keep that cow in and the other animals too of course.

I wonder if that was some kitchen they had in another part of the ranch. It doesn't match to other kitchen photos.

Kind of "industrial" looking....maybe they were somewhere else like at a hall or soup kitchen or something volunteering (or just a photo op, more likely!)...???  :blink:

I wonder if that was some kitchen they had in another part of the ranch. It doesn't match to other kitchen photos.

Didn't someone recently post, or was it in one of Luvs wonderful news articles:  they had a full kitchen built into their garage....ANYONE?

Archived