The Ranch

Luvsbway

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you check out the backyard pics you'll see another smaller structure out by the pool.

Some men had to occasionally sleep on the couch, none of that for Des, he always made sure he had another house on the property to sleep in when fighting with the mrs, LOL!

• 2 months later...

I'm not sure if I posted that over in the 40s article section. It seemed so nutts.

Why?  They had that long drive from Chatsworth to the studio every day, and they had access to some when they did that Whirlybirds tv show unless you mean he said this in the forties, then it would be kinda nuts, he could not afford the down payment on that little ranch, how could he afford a helicopter?

This was late 40s. I think she even said she had a pilots licence. I would chalk this up to studio fluff but it's after that time period so I'll chalk it up to sheer lunacy.

Oh yeah, her pilot's license, that's  why she got in trouble with the airlines because whenever she flew, she would ask the pilots if she could take over for them.

Sheer lunacy huh??  I haven't laughed so hard in days!!  Thanks for that!

If only Carole Lombard had let her fly her on those bond tours instead of the schmucks she did allow, she'd be alive today.  I'll bet Lucy kept asking her to give it a "whirl" but nooooooooooooooooooooooo.  I think Dinah Shore even sang a song about it, WHY DON'T YOU GIVE IT A WHIRL, ON MY WHIRLYBIRD . . . . 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived