The Ranch

Luvsbway

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, i guess but robbers go where the money is and she had been robbed of some jewels and later they threatened her kids with kidnapping too.  Hence the move to Beverly Hills.

I think it was the commute that prompted the relocation and believe me -- apparently true even back then -- you deal with LA traffic long enough, you'll want to be closer to your work too! Oy! :lucywow:

I think it was the commute that prompted the relocation and believe me -- apparently true even back then -- you deal with LA traffic long enough, you'll want to be closer to your work too! Oy! :lucywow:

I KNOW it was the commute, but the kidnapping threats also played into their decision, let's face it, they NEVER wanted to leave that beautiful ranchito but they wanted the security of Beverly Hills also, where they ticket you if you sneeze too loud.

All factors that I think were true but I'm putting out there what I heard Bernie Weitzman say was that Desi apparently had a house in the hills for the extracurriculars and he would make a working late excuse and he would just sleep in his office instead off the long commute home. So another reason is she could keep a better eye on him.

All factors that I think were true but I'm putting out there what I heard Bernie Weitzman say was that Desi apparently had a house in the hills for the extracurriculars and he would make a working late excuse and he would just sleep in his office instead off the long commute home. So another reason is she could keep a better eye on him.

Yeah, no kidding!  By the way, thanks again for the lovely pictures that finally prove to us why it was so difficult for them to leave that beautiful ranchito, i always heard it was incredible but never had seen the pics that prove it, thanks again to you for showing us what the fuss was all about.

These picture I have never come across anywhere else.  I would love to though to have them in better quality.  These are off that CD Rom.  There are ones with them I have seen mixed with this set but not these and another batch I am gathering.

These picture I have never come across anywhere else.  I would love to though to have them in better quality.  These are off that CD Rom.  There are ones with them I have seen mixed with this set but not these and another batch I am gathering.

Do you know how many times i would have killed for a shot of that house, or that overhead shot which is also unbelievable, not to mention the one of the driveway you showed us one time.

119web.jpg

120web.jpg

127web.jpg

122web.jpg

That looks like the banquette that was once featured in Vanity Fair showing houses in Beverly Hills but i knew it wasn't Roxbury, now i see the same pic in black and white and it's the ranchito.  The place, which looked so ordinary back then actually looks really lovely here.

Archived