Interesting eBay item.

Luvsbway

Sometimes in her letters it’s hard to tell if she is kidding or serious. Not sure on this one but if she is mad it’s such a passive aggressive way to yell at him and time consuming too to draft a whole note. I do get a kick out of the fact that she did it on his stationary. I bet the letter was received with an eye roll before it was tossed in the trash.

Never heard of this errand boy you speak of Claude. He was probably thinking someday they are going to invent this public auction thing that people in mass can attend and I can make a fortune, better start digging through the trash.

Claude you mention 5 people to take care of 2. So my count is whatever couple they had at the time to clean and cook. Frank and Wanda and then that leaves us with 1 more. The handyman Frank on occasion mentions? Of course there were other people they employed on more of the business end like Howard McClay for PR and Stu that did her video archives and served as Gary’s assistant on LWL.

No, no, five taking care of two was at the end, when she was working so little, the couple of course who cooked and cleaned, maybe Frank was also one of them, driving, I dun't thin Wanda's included here as she probably worked from her office, I'd have to look up the book that mentioned it to find out who the other one that I'm missing was but I believe it was a Mauer, as I said, probably his sister's son as they could trust him and both believed in nepotism, always.  He ran errands for them as they certainly couldn't go anywhere they wanted because of the fame thing.  So, the couple, Frank, the errand boy and someone else.

No, as much as that makes perfect sense, Lucy only needed the fantastic "Trudy Acrudi private nurse", coming to CBS this fall, LOL!  She only required her services in the last year of her life, this was said before Trudi.  I'm gonna have to go through my books to figure out who it is, and it wasn't the fantastic Stu Horshack, archivist to the Queen of Comedy, either, LOL!

When I click on it...this letter talks about jewelry cases being a disgrace...where is the messenger boy one?

Here it is in its entirety- the crazy thing is, why did Lucy or Gary save all of these? lol I mean...Id think it'd be crumpled up and ironed out. but it was saved in mint condition lol Maybe it was a reverse joke and a note saved out of sentiment? 

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG?rt=nc$_57.JPG?rt=nc

I looked at his other items and he has a letter from Vivian's husband about the book Merman that is nice but then in his description he said the she always said "Vivian's fag husband" and he said in Hollywood "Nobody loves Lucy"  What a jerk.  We all know Lucy was for gay rights and I doubt she would knock Viv's choice since they were happy together.

If you are confused about my post see 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCILLE-BALL-hand-written-signed-autograph-2-pages-letter-from-Vivian-Vance-huby-/321573325750?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4adf438bb6

The seller writes in his description "At home, Lucy always referred to Vivian Vance's husband as "that fag Viv married, Viv married a fag or Viv's fag husband."  The stories I could tell.  Needless to say, the word around Hollywood back then was, "Nobody loves Lucy."

That is crazy.  Lucy accepted gay people and I doubt she would be upset with Viv's marriage since John Dodds made her happy.  

Archived