Comedy Ain't No Joke Re-Edit

Good God, could watch that all day.  And i love what you added, makes it even better, if that's possible.  I had forgotten that asshole kirk cameron is in this getting his just desserts for his moronic comments of late, Lucy making things right, from beyond the grave.  LOL!  Thanks for that, i don't miss the next scene that came after that where she had to redo the ending and is showing some timing issues at that age.  

Good God, could watch that all day.  And i love what you added, makes it even better, if that's possible.  I had forgotten that asshole kirk cameron is in this getting his just desserts for his moronic comments of late, Lucy making things right, from beyond the grave.  LOL!  Thanks for that, i don't miss the next scene that came after that where she had to redo the ending and is showing some timing issues at that age.  

By 'the next scene after that' do you mean where she ends with "Comedy is Bob Hope" and gets a standing o? Did she have to redo that?

By 'the next scene after that' do you mean where she ends with "Comedy is Bob Hope" and gets a standing o? Did she have to redo that?

Yeah, i think so, i think i read that everybody had to give her ANOTHER standing o when she redid it, just the ending, i could be wrong though, if i am, Harry will let me know i'm sure.

• Like 1

Naah...it was probably the day he "discovered" (ahem) his prostate! :lucyhorror:

:vanda:

I think there might have been a break in the filming right between the time she sits on the big trunk and when she starts singing. If you watch there's a jump cut just before "So you think that it's fun to be funny"

Yeah, i know it was done it two parts, i have it on tape, there were film clips in between, but i thought she had to redo the number because of a flaw or error.  There was also this one clip of her doing the rehearsal and stopping and screaming WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?  Or words to that effect.

Cameron is such an ass, i was so happy his crap movie bombed and he got all those Razzy awards, which ain't no honor.

• Like 1

Also it would be good to note (maybe for the chronology) that this song was written by Cy Coleman and Mr. Actors' Studio himself James Lipton. It received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Achievement in Music and Lyrics in 1988 but lost to "The Sounds of Christmas" from a Julie Andrews special. Just an interesting tidbit I found.

Yeah, i know it was done it two parts, i have it on tape, there were film clips in between, but i thought she had to redo the number because of a flaw or error.  There was also this one clip of her doing the rehearsal and stopping and screaming WHAT, ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?  Or words to that effect.

I hope she wasn't being too serious :lucyhorror:

Also it would be good to note (maybe for the chronology) that this song was written by Cy Coleman and Mr. Actors' Studio himself James Lipton. It received an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Achievement in Music and Lyrics in 1988 but lost to "The Sounds of Christmas" from a Julie Andrews special. Just an interesting tidbit I found.

Yes, this has been mentioned before but certainly is a welcome RERUN, LOL!  Funny that Lucy's other great numbers with Shirley MacLaine on HER special were also great hits from the great Cy Coleman, unfortunately a gary morton look alike, LOL!

• Like 1

Oh yes she was, wasn't this right before her heart attack, in '88?  Poor thing was in shape but not in shape for a strenuous number like that, although she did incredibly well.

Darn. That probably put a damper on the number. Other than the very beginning, it seems seamless and I assumed it was done in one take other than that little bit. Didn't she pass out after doing this number?

Darn. That probably put a damper on the number. Other than the very beginning, it seems seamless and I assumed it was done in one take other than that little bit. Didn't she pass out after doing this number?

No, it was during the REHEARSAL i said.  She would never scream that in front of THAT audience, which was a who's who of Hollywood and all her contemporaries.