2016's I Love Lucy Christmas Special

Harrison

Well, I wouldn't put it like that, exactly. I have adjusted to it more, the more episodes I've gotten to see. And I appreciate the effort that's gone into it. I can enjoy them for what they are while still preferring the originals.

Well said and I'm with you... and it doesn't hurt that they seem to look more and more amazing with each outing. :lucywow:

• Like 2

Not my first choice either. I would have gone with either "Pioneer Women" or "The Freezer" or even "The Operetta".

"The Operetta" would be great, but please none of those far-fetched S1 episodes with scenes that defy the laws of physics -- not if they want to appeal to a broad audience.  "Lucy Gets in Pictures" is a great choice.

• Like 1

So now the news is out that CBS will also be broadcasting two colorized episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show as a Christmas special.  Neither of the two episodes -- "That's My Boy" and "Coast-to-Coast Big Mouth" -- have a holiday theme.  Which makes me wonder why they can't do the same with I Love Lucy instead of bringing back that awful Christmas episode for the umpteenth time.  I doubt there are many viewers who actually want to watch it.

So now the news is out that CBS will also be broadcasting two colorized episodes of The Dick Van Dyke Show as a Christmas special.  Neither of the two episodes -- "That's My Boy" and "Coast-to-Coast Big Mouth" -- have a holiday theme.  Which makes me wonder why they can't do the same with I Love Lucy instead of bringing back that awful Christmas episode for the umpteenth time.  I doubt there are many viewers who actually want to watch it.

It's probably only a matter of time until they air the two "Lucy Show" Christmas episodes, either together or by pairing one of them with an "I Love Lucy" episode to ensure better ratings.

Agreed, that's my personal favorite out of all the Christmas episodes Lucy did.

Anything that would give "The Lucy Show" more exposure would be good in my books, as they're so often overlooked these days.

True..but with the just-released "The Lucy Show" Complete Series DVD box set just released maybe it'll be "exposed" a bit more - "just in time for Christmas" - especially if it pops up at big retail places like Walmart, Target, Costco etc. etc. ...Here's hoping! :peachonthebeach:

I read that early today and was pleasantly surprised. First I Love Lucy, then The Andy Griffith Show, and now The Dick Van Dyke Show. Makes me wonder if they have any plans to colorized other series. The Beverly Hillbillies? The Honeymooners? The Lucy Show?

I love the episodes choices for The Dick Van Dyke Show ... they are definitely some of the best of the series. Although, I would have gone with "It May Look Like a Walnut" over "That's My Boy?" as that seems like the second most popular episode of the TDVDS series. Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind if CBS colorized that episode and paired it with say a colorized version of the  "Lucy Is Envious" episode of I Love Lucy as a Halloween special.

• Like 1

I think they should stop airing the Christmas show and just include the final Christmas scene or colorize the original Jingle Bells scene from season 1, and air two new colorized episodes every year.

The Christmas show is tradition like stuffing the turkey with chestnuts or oyster dressing or having a white tree as oppose to a green one.  :lucyeww:  Lol. I'm actually tired of seeing the Christmas special. 

• Like 2

Again, CBS made a bad choice of repeating the Christmas flashback episode.  They should have paired Lucy Gets Into Pictures w/Country Club Dance with guest star Barbara Eden.  I know they will loose viewers during the first half hour because there is nothing special about the episode and its been on too many times and personally I am sick of it.  I will keep my TV on and wait for the second half.  CBS really should have put the two Lucy Show Christmas episodes together the first one from 1962 and the 1965 episode.  Both episodes are very enjoyable, but, noooooooooo CBS has to show another I Love Lucy episode.  The Lucy Show still doesn't get the credit it deserves.  Six straight years in the top 10, nominated for 9 Emmy Awards, four nominations for Lucy and two consecutive wins, and still holds up until today.  I just got the box set of all six seasons and I'm gonna watch them starting with Lucy Waits Up For Chris (the first episode) and ending with Lucy and the Boss of the Year final episode.  CBS programmers just don't know what there doing.  There prime-time schedule really sucks this year.  The Lucy Show Christmas episodes would have been the perfect episodes to air this season.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...