Lucy Fest 2019

• 3 weeks later...

John Mulaney and Sebastian Manisalco will be the stand up headliners! John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today. He’s a Lucy fan and I always thought he would be a perfect fit for the festival. I’ve never seen Manisalco before, but I know he has a huge fanbase.

https://comedycenter.org/sebastian-maniscalco-john-mulaney/

On 11 February 2019 at 11:34 PM, HarryCarter said:

John Mulaney and Sebastian Manisalco will be the stand up headliners! John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today. He’s a Lucy fan and I always thought he would be a perfect fit for the festival. I’ve never seen Manisalco before, but I know he has a huge fanbase.

https://comedycenter.org/sebastian-maniscalco-john-mulaney/

I take it that failed sitcom of Mulaney's from a few years back was not an accurate testament to his talents?

On 2/11/2019 at 4:34 AM, HarryCarter said:

John Mulaney is my favorite comic working today.

Mine too!!

In answer to Mot's comment about his sitcom.  No, that is not a good use of his talents.  The show was SO Seinfeld, it's almost like they were trying in a satirical way (which, if they were, they didn't pull off). 

Here's one of my favorite bits from his stand-up.  

With the pre-sales this week for the headliners a few events have been listed. The usual suspects are there that seem to annual. Also many more will be added.

I am happy to see the Ernie Kovacs event, as last year a similar event got stuck at the same time as Fran Dresser.

https://tickets.comedycenter.org/Info.aspx?EventID=22

If any of you are planning on seeing Sebastian Manascolo, I just got off the horn with the box office and the event is almost completely sold out -- aside from the most expensive tickets right at the front and a few single seats scattered about the arena. Who knew he was so popular!

43 minutes ago, Brock said:

If any of you are planning on seeing Sebastian Manascolo, I just got off the horn with the box office and the event is almost completely sold out -- aside from the most expensive tickets right at the front and a few single seats scattered about the arena. Who knew he was so popular!

That's crazy. Did anything last year sell out this fast? Is this still the presale or is it open to everyone now?

1 hour ago, Luvsbway said:

Chatting with my 20 something co-worker today. She saw Sebastian in concert last night in my area. She raved, said he's hilarious. Sounds like many know him from his Netflix specials.

I’ve never seen his stand up, but Sebastian played Viggo Mortensen’s brother in Green Book. I didn’t know it was him until the end credits.