Jimmy Garrett has passed away

HarryCarter

At one of the August Birthday Festivals (probably ‘03) I had the completely bonkers experience of sitting in front of Jimmy and Wanda during the auction. I had no idea who they were, but after overhearing bits of conversation one of my parents turned and asked if they knew Lucy personally, and they introduced themselves. They were insanely generous with their time, it didn’t even phase them that I had lots of questions and wanted pictures and autographs. It’s still very surreal to me to have not only been in their presence, but to have been given their time so generously (all while sitting in the venue Lucy had sat in so many times growing up).

That weekend is full of so many cherished memories, but getting to speak with Jimmy and Wanda will forever be my highlight.

I am very saddened to hear of his passing, between my in person experience and following him on Facebook it seems like he was a very lovely man. My condolences to his family.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2021 at 11:49 PM, Mister Hepburn said:

At one of the August Birthday Festivals (probably ‘03) I had the completely bonkers experience of sitting in front of Jimmy and Wanda during the auction. I had no idea who they were, but after overhearing bits of conversation one of my parents turned and asked if they knew Lucy personally, and they introduced themselves. They were insanely generous with their time, it didn’t even phase them that I had lots of questions and wanted pictures and autographs. It’s still very surreal to me to have not only been in their presence, but to have been given their time so generously (all while sitting in the venue Lucy had sat in so many times growing up).

That weekend is full of so many cherished memories, but getting to speak with Jimmy and Wanda will forever be my highlight.

I am very saddened to hear of his passing, between my in person experience and following him on Facebook it seems like he was a very lovely man. My condolences to his family.

That’s a beautiful story. Thanks so much for sharing, and so pleased you had the honour of meeting him. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/17/2021 at 12:27 PM, LucyImHome said:

I'm grateful for his interview on the Season 1 Lucy Show dvd set.  I was always disappointed  Candy Moore and Ralph Hart didn't participate.

I was, too. I can understand why Ralph didn’t, given he’s mostly avoided the spotlight since he was a child, but it’s too bad Candy couldn’t take part. At least she gave a very detailed interview for The Lucy Book.

• Like 1