What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

Interesting. I watched the Danny Thomas episode last week and in the breakfast scene where Little Ricky says they are using the good plates. They are using the ivy set.

I was actually watching that last week and noticed it! I've started buying pieces of it at work and now

I can't help but see it in the show.

A few eBay listings claim that Lucille and Vivian each had sets in their homes, true or just a selling tactic?

I watched Talullah Next Door with a relatively new friend who seemed to enjoy it although not nearly as much as I did. Lol. I wish Tallulah would have stayed next door and popped over now and again. Those wonderful exchanges.. On the stage? Well how did you guess? You bet your sweet life it will.. When Miss Bankhead is bored Miss Bankhead will let you know ..and one of my favorites.. who wrote this?? My husband.... HOW DIVINE!

• 4 weeks later...

Now I regret the many times I complained about the lack of continuity on I Love Lucy as I watch the sixth season, they finally got their act together when it came to making things follow . . . as little Ricky gets a dog, Lucy first tells Ethel that she wishes she'd be in the country so the kid could have all the animals he wants.  Of course this had happened in Hollywood also, as star after star mentions he knows her reputation for getting into trouble with each star she encountered and this was even mentioned in Europe by Boyer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bubbela, I still don't have a hundred dollars to waste on that but in January I will be doing better financially and will get it online to avoid paying such a ridiculously high price.  I checked at HMV though and that one copy they have at 99.99 is still there, well, no wonder!

Cuddles...as I've shared repeatedly on this site, there's a great source online called DVDPRICESEARCH.COM which assists those looking to bag a bargain for any available DVD and Blu-ray title.  Currently, as noted in the grid below, the current "best price available" is well below the retail price of $100, but instead a more "manageable" $62 through DeepDiscount.com ...not to mention a used price of under $50 through Amazon.com.

Take it for what its worth..... ;)

I Love Lucy: The Ultimate Season #1 (Blu-Ray)

DeepDiscount.com $ 61.86; Amazon $ 67.73; DVD Empire $ 78.99 ; DVD Planet $ 80.41; Best Buy $ 89.99; CD Universe $ 89.49

Used Prices Amazon.com   $ 42.94

http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/cgi-bin/dvdsearch2

Honey booboo, I appreciate all that and will take advantage of it in JANUARY when I'm doing better financially, BUT THANKS A HEAP.

Anytime Sunshine! I also forgot that TVSHOWSONDVD.COM is another great resource as they always have right under the banner (header?) for the site on the main page current titles for great sale prices, including Blu-Rays: its where I caught that the WUNDAFUL Dick Van Dyke Show Complete series was on sale on Blu....and for LESS than what the same complete series -- DVD version! -- was going for!! I know, go figure...but for about $50 I finally snagged this great bargain on Blu and just like Season One of ILL, it is worth every cent!  The shows themselves have NEVER looked better and all the extras are simply extraordinary!  :D

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

• 1 month later...

Why? What's wrong with you?

Lucy was adept at comedy, in my book, he was one lousy actor, great business man, love of her life and all that but i wince when watching his totally unfunny TELLING OF THE CHILDREN'S STORY here.  His moment to shine though was when he did that kitchen scene in Job Switching, now THERE he excelled.  Hey, we can't all agree that everything was perfect with the show, this is just not appealing to me, so sue me.  I'll bet you think his totally OFF KEY supposed singing in Drafted is great too huh?  LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

I had never really thought about this before but watching The Business Manager last night it seemed like I was in a first season Lucy Show episode. Lucy and Ethel in the kitchen talking about how she is going to need more money from the man who holds the key to her finances. Then Lucy going into her I’ll need more money for that routine with Mr. Hickok. Just change the name of everyone and the setting but keep the same actors and we are back at the same situation with Lucy wanting more money from Mr. Branstahl.

"Lucy Gets Chummy with New Neighbors".The one in Connecticut where Lucy goes furniture shopping with Betty Ramsey.

This is really a great episode, one sort of overlooked when favorite lists are put together.  A perfect example of the range ILL had.  There's nothing in this episode that couldn't happen in real life.  There's no real opportunity for overt comedy for Lucy in the script, but she still shines.  As does Desi.

Mary Jane is such a different character than MJ Lewis of TLS and HL.  She's much more like Audrey Simmons here.

I love Fred's reaction to Ethel's end of the phone call.  "Lucy's in a real jam." "Quick, hang up!" and him getting light-headed at the thought of ANYONE spending $3000.

To get a better idea of the impact, $3000 in 1957 equals $25,000 today!!

Having a few Connecticut based episode with the Mertzes still living in NYC was a good idea.  Most series (including TLS and HL) would have everything happen in one episode.

I'd forgotten that Parley "Down Reilly" Baer was the furniture dealer.  He always adds something to episodes, even though this is a pretty small part that could have been played by a cheaper actor.  Parley appeared on all 3 series, with a recurring role as Dr. Cunninham Harry's shrink.

If my memory is correct, this and "Country club Dance" are the only two that feature Frank Nelson as Ralph Ramsey, though he's often listed as a regular.

"Lucy Gets Chummy with New Neighbors".The one in Connecticut where Lucy goes furniture shopping with Betty Ramsey.

This is really a great episode, one sort of overlooked when favorite lists are put together.  A perfect example of the range ILL had.  There's nothing in this episode that couldn't happen in real life.  There's no real opportunity for overt comedy for Lucy in the script, but she still shines.  As does Desi.

Mary Jane is such a different character than MJ Lewis of TLS and HL.  She's much more like Audrey Simmons here.

I love Fred's reaction to Ethel's end of the phone call.  "Lucy's in a real jam." "Quick, hang up!" and him getting light-headed at the thought of ANYONE spending $3000.

To get a better idea of the impact, $3000 in 1957 equals $25,000 today!!

Having a few Connecticut based episode with the Mertzes still living in NYC was a good idea.  Most series (including TLS and HL) would have everything happen in one episode.

I'd forgotten that Parley "Down Reilly" Baer was the furniture dealer.  He always adds something to episodes, even though this is a pretty small part that could have been played by a cheaper actor.  Parley appeared on all 3 series, with a recurring role as Dr. Cunninham Harry's shrink.

If my memory is correct, this and "Country club Dance" are the only two that feature Frank Nelson as Ralph Ramsey, though he's often listed as a regular.

• Like 1

I had never really thought about this before but watching The Business Manager last night it seemed like I was in a first season Lucy Show episode. Lucy and Ethel in the kitchen talking about how she is going to need more money from the man who holds the key to her finances. Then Lucy going into her I’ll need more money for that routine with Mr. Hickok. Just change the name of everyone and the setting but keep the same actors and we are back at the same situation with Lucy wanting more money from Mr. Branstahl.

Isn't that what they always did on her shows, recycle radio scripts or earlier shows and just change a few things?