What episodes are you watching on "I Love Lucy"?

First (okay, ULTIMATE!!) Season eps via this little blu-ray contraption, in broadcast order (night of broadcast or "rerun" version, depending on mood), beginning with the restored "lost" pilot:

*Pilot

*Girls...Nightclub

*Be A Pal

*The Diet

*Lucy Thinks Ricky....

*The Quiz Show

*The Audition

:HALKING:

• 1 month later...

Watched No Children Allowd and Lucy Hires a Maid. Found 2 things.

In Children, when Ethel is sitting in her apt brooding on the table next to her is a stack of books. The book on top is The Mocking Bird Murder Mystery.

In Maid Lucy walking around reading an issue of a magazine called Companion. This issue has an article about Lucy. I've been able to match it up to ones I see on eBay ocassionaly.

• Like 1

Today, on Comedy Gold, it was Lucy writes a play and then, the much better BREAKING THE LEASE.  I noticed when Fred and Ethel leave after their singing at the piano, each of them goes a different way after exiting the apartment, LOL!  Ethel goes to the left whereas Fred goes to the right.  Maybe Ethel was going to borrow some butter from Mrs Trumbull, at two in the morning.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was always curious when watching The Marriage License one that the hotel where they stayed shows a calendar but they've wiped out the month but left the year 1952.  So I googled a calendar of that year and although the numbers matched up twice, the month of MARCH has to be the one used as this was at the end of that particular season.  Two of the better shows of season one were playing today, The Freezer and then the unbeatable Vitameatavegamin.

Two of the better shows of season one were playing today, The Freezer and then the unbeatable Vitameatavegamin.

I would have to disagree. There are numerous episodes of the series that are just as good as "Lucy Does TV Commercial" if not better like the one you mentioned ("The Freezer"), "Job Switching", "L.A. At Last!", etc.

I'm just trying to get through season one and am seeing lots of dogs where they were just starting out and the stories are just not perfect, so I'm saying it was a relief to finally see two of the all time better ones FREEZER and VITA that make up for the previous lack of quality in the season one episodes.  Not comparing them or saying they are superior to the ones you mentioned.  Fact is, for at least fifty years I considered L A At Last to be the single best episode of the series when all the critics kept mentioning the ones we hear about all the time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking, usually NOT a good thing, that maybe young people don't find THIS episode as funny as many of the classic ones because it's more sentimental and sweet rather than funny, but that line you quoted and mine are just two of the classic lines in that particular episode that are exceptionally well written and quite clever.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a mini-marathon w/ season 2 disc 5. It's incredible how many sets of furniture those people went through.

I'd have to say the funniest one was Lucy Is A Matchmaker, although it was disappointing we never got to actually see Sylvia Collins and her two diamonds.

Had a mini-marathon w/ season 2 disc 5. It's incredible how many sets of furniture those people went through.

I'd have to say the funniest one was Lucy Is A Matchmaker, although it was disappointing we never got to actually see Sylvia Collins and her two diamonds.

Yes it is one of best of examples of the RANGE I Love Lucy had. Episodes like this one, rather sophisticated and risque for the 50s, and the next week she might be on top of the Empire State Building impersonating a martian!