The Lucy Art Blog :)

Mmadluv7

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, LucyPictureLover, that drawing of her in the yellow gown is absolutley stunning! I thought it was a photograph at first. What an incredible job you did on the skin tones, & her face is so soft & pretty.

Love, love, LOVE the hairstyle -- such a flattering look for her that I don't think I've ever seen in a real picture from the 60s/70s.

You have been blessed with such incredible talent. Thank you for sharing it! :)B):peachonthebeach:

Thank you so much, but i have no problem in admitting that this work was not all mine! :)

I'm just responsible for the thought behind it. lol :)

This is actually an old "American illustration" done in 1965 by the artist, John Whitcomb.

As history shows it, back then, photographed ad was occasional- American Illustrations and paintings by American Illustrators, were duplicated and marketed to advertise the product.

And this, for whatever product or ad, is a piece he had done that I thought would be PERFECT, had it been Lucy lol

So-I did some sketches and thought of adding her some way some how..and,Believe it or not, I've ALWAYS wanted, and I say this ashamedly, knowing it's my secret guilty pleasure,lol but i've always wanted to see Lucy in a very different and exaggerated 1960's hair-do (and if the blog keeps going, maybe I'll keep going in that direction lol because I LOVED IT)

After a bit, I did a little magic, and whallah, There stands "The Yellow Lucy". She looks gorgeous doesn't she?

Im glad you like it.

I had put your blog in my bookmark bar and thought maybe the server was down or something when I went to visit the other day. I would love for you to put it back up, maybe give it a little longer to catch on? I miss it already!

WOW- thas nice of you to say! thanks.

I didn't know any one saw it, my hits were lying lolol Well, OFF to say the least lol

Thank you so much, but i have no problem in admitting that this work was not all mine! :)

I'm just responsible for the thought behind it. lol :)

This is actually an old "American illustration" done in 1965 by the artist, John Whitcomb.

As history shows it, back then, photographed ad was occasional- American Illustrations and paintings by American Illustrators, were duplicated and marketed to advertise the product.

And this, for whatever product or ad, is a piece he had done that I thought would be PERFECT, had it been Lucy lol

So-I did some sketches and thought of adding her some way some how..and,Believe it or not, I've ALWAYS wanted, and I say this ashamedly, knowing it's my secret guilty pleasure,lol but i've always wanted to see Lucy in a very different and exaggerated 1960's hair-do (and if the blog keeps going, maybe I'll keep going in that direction lol because I LOVED IT)

After a bit, I did a little magic, and whallah, There stands "The Yellow Lucy". She looks gorgeous doesn't she?

Im glad you like it.

Yup, that huge bouffant hairdo sure as a shocker, but it still looked awesome.

I went several times, I was especially excited for Lucy comics to be posted! Let us know if you decide to put the site back up.

Yea, it's back up -it felt right to have it back up because it served it's purpose while the lounge was down-

it was no way near as satisfying to visit, but at least it gave a much needed Lucy fix today-

So it's up, and we'll be doing some new things- if you've got some ideas or would like to help- just contact me-

hope you enjoy it

Yea, it's back up -it felt right to have it back up because it served it's purpose while the lounge was down-

it was no way near as satisfying to visit, but at least it gave a much needed Lucy fix today-

So it's up, and we'll be doing some new things- if you've got some ideas or would like to help- just contact me-

hope you enjoy it

Excellent! I'm so glad it is back!

Hey there, I had emailed you a little bit ago, because I wanted to feature it

as one large article but wanted to get your ideas on it.

Did ya get it?

I don't think I have received an email from you since our brief conference over a potential Zsa Zsa memorial logo. LOL Can you send it again?

Speaking of e-mails, LaMarr, did you get mine regarding the chronology? Thanks for replying if you did receive it; if not, I shall re-send.... leenorman/Joyce

Hey there wonderful one! Nope- the last email I have is from last year or so- My new email addy is

lamarr7@att.net

Email me there and I'll be sure to get it.

Hope to hear from ya soon :)

Hey there wonderful one! Nope- the last email I have is from last year or so- My new email addy is

lamarr7@att.net

Email me there and I'll be sure to get it.

Hope to hear from ya soon :)

I shall send it off to you, today.... Hoping all is well with you and yours....JK

• 3 months later...

thnx. ur very right!! oil pastels

Oil pastels dipped in Scotch or Vodka maybe? I look at the top half and love it, it looks like her, and then the bottom half, that's HER all right but when you look at the whole thin together, that eye thing really bothers me, like she's had too much to drink and is about to hiccup, LOL!

Oil pastels dipped in Scotch or Vodka maybe? I look at the top half and love it, it looks like her, and then the bottom half, that's HER all right but when you look at the whole thin together, that eye thing really bothers me, like she's had too much to drink and is about to hiccup, LOL!

LOLOL I love seeing what other people see. Art doesnt only have one perspective.

I like to stay true to the small things that make a face not only recognizable, but holds the essence of the person.

I find those small things and enhance them. In this picture it was Lucy's eyes, and the heavy make up and lashes she was sporting.

Because it's a caricature, or animation, it's never going to look exactly like her, but even in that, I like for others to see different sides of the art of Lucy, some sides are bright and cute, and some areas a little darker or revealing than others

Archived