Lucy Plots in Other Shows and Vice Versa

I'm not being fair I guess because I don't ever remember seeing an episode of "Courtship". Or "Nanny" for that matter. Maybe I'm just remembering the promos. "Nanny" had some sort of magical powers, I think and her name was "Phoebe Figgalilly" as the theme song said "It's a silly name".

All i know is i wasn't BIG on Nanny, Courtship of Eddie's father however had cute Bill Bixby, he and Ted Bessell on That Girl and Robert Conrad on Wild Wild West were my hearthrobs back then, and Courtship had the extra of showing this great relationship between a father and son which i never had and craved at the time.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brock's comment about poor ignored Chris going to college got me to thinking.....There's series spin-off potential there!

“I Love Candy” with theme song by Aaron Carter

Premiere episode title is a choice among these 4:

“Chris Waits Up for Lucy”

“You-Know-Who Cuts Chris’s Apron Strings”

“What State is My Wandering Mother In Tonight?” or

“Bunson Burners”

Chris returns home from her first semester of college to find that Viv has taken advantage of the loophole in her lease and now owns the house with Vern Bunson. Viv gives Chris the bus ticket Mr. Mooney sent her (in case Lucy ever breaks her leg) and she retraces her mother’s route to California (going through New York City 3 times).

As she arrives at the Glenhall apartments, she and her mother pass each other without recognition, Lucy having forgotten what Chris looks like and Chris pegging Lucy for an over-aged hippy dressed in her Tearducts outfit enroute to the “Wingding” taping. Chip off the old block Chris decides to borrow a trampoline from the prop department at 780 North Gower Street next door to gain entry to Lucy’s 2nd floor apartment patio and wait until she gets home to confront Lucy directly with her abandonment issues.

Mrs. Goldapper: Florence Halop

Brock's comment about poor ignored Chris going to college got me to thinking.....There's series spin-off potential there!

“Bunson Burners”

Chris returns home from her first semester of college to find that Viv has taken advantage of the loophole in her lease and now owns the house with Vern Bunson. Viv gives Chris the bus ticket Mr. Mooney sent her (in case Lucy ever breaks her leg) and she retraces her mother’s route to California (going through New York City 3 times).

As she arrives at the Glenhall apartments, she and her mother pass each other without recognition, Lucy having forgotten what Chris looks like and Chris pegging Lucy for an over-aged hippy dressed in her Tearducts outfit enroute to the “Wingding” taping. Chip off the old block Chris decides to borrow a trampoline from the prop department at 780 North Gower Street next door to gain entry to Lucy’s 2nd floor apartment patio and wait until she gets home to confront Lucy directly with her abandonment issues.

OMG you are a friggin R I O T ! Why the hell were you running around in your play pen when you could have been writing her shows? LOL! Where did they get the name of the apartment building? Glen Hall was a famous hockey player here, i think he played for Chicago.

“Bunson Burners”

marionstrong.gif That is not only wonderfully clever but hysterical as well! Bravo! :D

“Bunson Burners”

Brilliant! Just BRILLIANT! I can't stop laughing! :marionstrong:

This is a bit off topic but made myself laugh today. I was doing the washing up and my mind was wondering as it frequently does and thought. Hmm if Lucy was around today and making I love Lucy it would be a much differnt show the songs would probably rap songs. Then went on to think Hmm if Lucy was Lucy and Eminem was Ricky.... In tonights episode Lucy causes trouble for Ricky when she sets out to prove SHE is the real Slim Shady!.

Doesnt seem as funny in writing but had me chuckling earlier ;)

This is a bit off topic but made myself laugh today. I was doing the washing up and my mind was wondering as it frequently does and thought. Hmm if Lucy was around today and making I love Lucy it would be a much differnt show the songs would probably rap songs. Then went on to think Hmm if Lucy was Lucy and Eminem was Ricky.... In tonights episode Lucy causes trouble for Ricky when she sets out to prove SHE is the real Slim Shady!.

Doesnt seem as funny in writing but had me chuckling earlier ;)

Thought you were going in a whole different direction there when i misread your post as LUCY WERE MAKING LOVE . . . :lucywow::lucycoy::gasp:

“Bunson Burners”

"I Love Candy" episode 2

“Chris Helps Charles Manson”

Mrs. Goldapper calls the cops and Chris is thrown to the streets. With no where to go, she ends up on the Sunset Strip and runs into Danfield chum Herbie Walton who takes her to the Spahn Ranch where Chris immediately feels part of a family again. When Manson takes Chris and the girls for a ride in Bel Air, he stops to buy a movie-star map from a very familiar street vendor and Chris soon discovers, to her horror, that this is to be no routine tour of celebrity homes. Squeeky Frome: Iris Adrian.

Then there was the unproduced SPECIAL with Suzanne LaRusch where Lucy McGillicuddy, Ricardo, Carmichael, Carter, Barker, Arnaz, morton asked Mr MooneyCarter for money so she could go to Afghanistan to find and kill Bin Laden. She wore the man out doing so many bad things to him that at the end of the special he just turned the gun on himself and decided to leave this world rather than face THAT WOMAN who was driving him insane. :lucythrill::lucy2::lucythrill::hlLOL:

• 3 weeks later...

Then there was the unproduced SPECIAL with Suzanne LaRusch where Lucy McGillicuddy, Ricardo, Carmichael, Carter, Barker, Arnaz, morton asked Mr MooneyCarter for money so she could go to Afghanistan to find and kill Bin Laden. She wore the man out doing so many bad things to him that at the end of the special he just turned the gun on himself and decided to leave this world rather than face THAT WOMAN who was driving him insane. :lucythrill::lucy2::lucythrill::hlLOL:

:lucythrill: Just caught this one....which inspires the following Here's Lucy.

"Lucy Carter Meets Lucy Carmichael"

When Mr. Mooney threatens to fire her again, Lucy Carmichael seeks a new job at the Unique Employment Agency and comes face to face with her mirror-image. (Mrs. Carmichael has her Dean Martin episode wig on so they don't look EXACTLY alike). After commiserating about their similarly disagreeable bosses, the girls decide to do a little "Job Switching" when Lucy Carter gets a call for an open position at the Westland Bank. Meanwhile, Harry meets Theodore Mooney in a group therapy session at Dr. Cunningham's and when those two men argue about who has it worse, the doctor suggests they switch lives to settle the argument.

:lucythrill: Just caught this one....which inspires the following Here's Lucy.

When Mr. Mooney threatens to fire her again, Lucy Carmichael seeks a new job at the Unique Employment Agency and comes face to face with her mirror-image. (Mrs. Carmichael has her Dean Martin episode wig on so they don't look EXACTLY alike). After commiserating about their similarly disagreeable bosses, the girls decide to do a little "Job Switching" when Lucy Carter gets a call for an open position at the Westland Bank. Meanwhile, Harry meets Theodore Mooney in a group therapy session at Dr. Cunningham's and when those two men argue about who has it worse, the doctor suggests they switch lives to settle the argument.

The above episode was so popular it's turned into the new series "Here's The Lucy Show"

Episode #2: "Lucy and Lucy Get Lucky" or "My Heart Belongs to Dino"

When Lucy and Lucy hear that Dean Martin is playing Vegas, Lucy Carmichael remembers her date with Dean and figures that she can use that influence to get the gals into the sold out show. On their way to the reservations desk they meet another redhead leaving in a huff and are surprised at the clerks hysterical reaction to their 'reservation for 8' idea. With Dean's show no longer an option, the Lucys settle on the only available ticket: a lounge act featuring Rusty Martin fresh out of prison trying to jump-start her career.

The above episode was so popular it's turned into the new series "Here's The Lucy Show"

When Lucy and Lucy hear that Dean Martin is playing Vegas, Lucy Carmichael remembers her date with Dean and figures that she can use that influence to get the gals into the sold out show. On their way to the reservations desk they meet another redhead leaving in a huff and are surprised at the clerks hysterical reaction to their 'reservation for 8' idea. With Dean's show no longer an option, the Lucys settle on the only available ticket: a lounge act featuring Rusty Martin fresh out of prison trying to jump-start her career.

"Here's The Lucy Show"

Episode #3: "Whatever Happened to Mary Jane?"

Lucy and Lucy find that they both have a best friend with the same first and last name and invite them both to tea. When only one Mary Jane shows up, the girls get suspicious.

"Here's The Lucy Show"

Lucy and Lucy find that they both have a best friend with the same first and last name and invite them both to tea. When only one Mary Jane shows up, the girls get suspicious.

(I'll just keep these coming until someone PM's me to stop...)

Episode #4 "Lucys, the Fixers" or "Harry's Extreme Makeover"

Harry's house has electrical problems and Lucy and Lucy (Carmichael & Carter), having just watched a lamp repair segment on "Wake Up, Pasadena", go to M&B Hardware seeking advice from the helpful, but slightly older red-headed proprietor, who is only too happy to accompany the gals over to Harry's house for a lesson in home repair, Lucy-style. (Epilogue: His house wrecked, Harry attempts to get a reverse mortgage from tight-fisted banker Mooney.)

This is absolutely mind blowing. To get all "four" of them in the scene, we need a group "encounter", complete with two frollicking sets of Sid & Vandas.

And you somehow top yourself!

(I'll just keep these coming until someone PM's me to stop...)

I don't think that day will ever come. :marionstrong:

(Epilogue: His house wrecked, Harry attempts to get a reverse mortgage from tight-fisted banker Mooney.)

Special Guest Star Robert Wagner as a reverse mortage shyster camped outside the Westland Bank trying to steal business.

"Here's The Lucy Show"

"Here's The Lucy Show"

Episode #5: "Whatever Happened to Baby Joan"

An apparently disoriented Mary Jane Lewis shows up at the Unique Employment Agency appearing not to know Lucy and Harry. After Lucy sits Mary Jane down and gives her a glass of water, she explains that she is looking to hire someone to be her exclusive agent to revive her former career as Baby Mary Jane "the little girl with the small voice". Lucy and Harry agree to meet her at the Glen Hall apartments to go over terms. When Harry and Mary Jane ask for some privacy, Lucy starts to snoop around, when she discovers a malnourished and now wheelchair bound Joan Brenner being held captive on Mary Jane's confining patio.

This is absolutely mind blowing. To get all "four" of them in the scene, we need a group "encounter", complete with two frollicking sets of Sid & Vandas.

And you somehow top yourself!

I don't think that day will ever come. :marionstrong:

Special Guest Star Robert Wagner as a reverse mortage shyster camped outside the Westland Bank trying to steal business.

"Here's The Lucy Show"

Episode #5: "Whatever Happened to Baby Joan"

An apparently disoriented Mary Jane Lewis shows up at the Unique Employment Agency appearing not to know Lucy and Harry. After Lucy sits Mary Jane down and gives her a glass of water, she explains that she is looking to hire someone to be her exclusive agent to revive her former career as Baby Mary Jane "the little girl with the small voice". Lucy and Harry agree to meet her at the Glen Hall apartments to go over terms. When Harry and Mary Jane ask for some privacy, Lucy starts to snoop around, when she discovers a malnourished and now wheelchair bound Joan Brenner being held captive on Mary Jane's confining patio.

I was wondering where you were!

Episode #6:

“Lucy Meets Lucy Meets Lucy Meets Lucy”

Mai Oui is sponsoring another Lucille Ball look-alike contest and when Lucy Carmichael and Lucy Carter get a look at the only entry so far, a tourist from New York’s east side (“upper”), they enter immediately because this red-head with a bun hairdo looks and sounds nothing like Miss Ball in her new musical film.

Episode #6:

Mai Oui is sponsoring another Lucille Ball look-alike contest and when Lucy Carmichael and Lucy Carter get a look at the only entry so far, a tourist from New York’s east side (“upper”), they enter immediately because this red-head with a bun hairdo looks and sounds nothing like Miss Ball in her new musical film.

And its sequel:

Episode #7 “No More Doubles Dates”

Lucy Carmichael wins the Lucille Ball look-alike contest, keeping the luxury late-model sportscar, but sends the 8-track tape player to “Candy Carmichael, c/o some college, California”. When Lucy learns Miss Ball needs a stunt woman for the fox hunt scene in this new musical film, she dusts off her old Ironman Carmichael resume and gets the job. At the studio she runs into fellow stuntman Eddie Feldman and they decide to rekindle their aborted romance with a date for that very night. But when poor Eddie has to work late, Dean steps in for him AGAIN. And just as Lucy Carmichael is about to leave the studio, a horse rides off with Dean’s leading lady and since she’s spent all day on one, gets called back to the set to pinch hit, but only after she persuades Miss Ball to keep her date with Eddie!

Gene Saks: Elliot Reid . Mother Burnside: Irma Mooney

Episode #6:

Lucy Carter did not impress the judges with her Mai Oui jingle when she used the line: "You'll be on the receiving end of the next Wayne Newton pass..."

Ricky & The Unemployment Follies:

Picture it. New York City. Upper. 1974. With Ricky's career still going from stregth to strength and with Little Ricky heading off to College, the Ricardos and the Widow Mertz decide to downsize and move from Westport back to New York City. With the extra money Ricky has from selling the country house, he decides to open up a Club Babablu on the West Coast and they travel out to California to set the place up. Once everything is ready to go, Lucy has the idea that for a big, splashy opening they need a good comedy act too, and she sets her sights on Jack Benny. With a letter of introduction from Danny Williams -- as Jack Benny was one of the FEW people Ricky did NOT eat lunch with at Metro in 1954 and 1955 -- they go Jack's new condo to talk him into appearing. After struggling with the lock for a few moments, Mary Livingstone finally releases Jack from the maid's quarters off the kitchen and Jack is stunned that this redhead is married to Ricky Ricardo... and even more stunned that she is fawning over him as though she has never met him before. Jack then goes into a tirade (complete with clips) of how Jack has hosted Lucy, her brother-in-law (Harry Carter didn't seem Cuban!), and apparently two random children (who did bear a resemblance to Ricky Ricardo, truth be told), at his Palm Springs estate, hired Lucy to pen his memoirs, appeared with her in the breadline, sued her on at least one occasion, fixed her sink (continuity be damned!), and even entrusted his fortune to Lucy and her state-of-the-art, Irving-equipped bank vault! Highly insulted that Lucy would try to pretend she'd never met him before, he throws the Ricardos out of his condo and told Ricky he would never work in this Town again.

Ricky & The Unemployment Follies:

After struggling with the lock for a few moments, Mary Livingstone finally releases Jack from the maid's quarters off the kitchen

:hlLOL::lol:

Episode #2 Rewrite of 2nd half

"Lucy and Lucy Get Lucky" or "My Heart Belongs to Dino"

When Lucy and Lucy hear that Dean Martin is playing Vegas, Lucy Carmichael remembers her date with Dean and figures that she can use that influence to get the gals into the sold out show. On their way to the reservations desk they meet another redhead leaving in a huff and are surprised at the clerk’s hysterical reaction to their 'reservation for 8' idea.

The Lucys find out that Dean’s opening act is his cousin (parolee Rusty Martin)and after they see the poster, they both get the ‘lightbulb’ look simultaneously. The only questions: how to get rid of Rusty? (they decide on “the usual”: tying and gagging her up in the broom closet); and which Lucy gets to go onstage in her place? They have singing auditions but when Lucy Carter brings Carole Cook to do her vocals backstage, it’s a draw, so they decide to do a sister act. But when they enter from opposite sides of the stage wearing the same gown, it’s a free-for-all as the girls start tearing off more than “a game of golf” until Dean and Eddie Feldman pull them apart.

• 2 weeks later...

And just to make sure that horse is dead...dead as an Egyptian doornail....here's one last beating for the poor thing.

"MTM is NG as RN at WJM"

and I don't even have a plot for this one...

except to preface it with BTW and add OMG at the end!

A few variations on a theme by Mary Tyler Moore:

Mary Jane Whips Inflation -- After a racy trip with her boss up the coast (Harry was right), Mary Jane finds herself out of a job and the only work she can find is reading books to the blind.

Menage-A-Danfield -- Lucy and Viv decide to share John Brooks III in every way imaginable.

I Was A Single For Carter's -- After Harry makes a grandiose commitment to find staff for a new bar owner in Town, Lucy, Harry, Kim, and Mary Jane find themselves working the table at Los Angeles' newest singles bar.

Divorce IS Everything -- Viv convinces Lucy to join the Danfield Chapter of the Better Luck Next Time Club, only to find out their president, secretary, treasurer, and entire membership roster is Ralph Bagley.

Support Your Local Mother -- Jerry and Sherman take on the job as campaign managers when Lucy and Viv face off against each other for president of the PTA.

Danny Galuppi Is My Favourite Artist -- Lucy's nude painting becomes a sensation after it is spotted in the background of an interior design magazine.

Mary Jane Takes Harry Home -- When Vernon, the thug who held Lucy and Mannix hostage, is paroled for good behaviour, he goes back to Carter's unique Employment Agency to finish the job. With Lucy out on a coffee break, Vernon locks Harry and Mary Jane BOTH in the closet and romance ensues... as Lucy has actually gone to the beach for the weekend.

Tommy Tucker Bites The Dust -- After Toy Tycoon Tommy Tucker dies in an unfortunate slide/kiddie pool accident, Lucy and Harry are informed he has left them both his sizable fortune. Guest Star: Marlon Brando as Mr. Tucker's executor.

Lucy's Three Husbands -- Harry Carter, Walter Butley, and Lester Bupkis fantasize about what it would be like to be married to Lucy.

Support Your Local Mother -- Harry and Mary Jane's closet tryst leads to an unwanted pregnancy. With Harry no help whatsoever, Mary Jane finds support from the gals in the Marymount Mother of the Month club. Harry eventually comes through in the end.

Marriage, Los Angeles Style -- Mary Jane and Harry's wedding plans are thrown into disarray when she's awarded the Marymount Mother of the Month Trophy and runs off with the celebrity presenter -- Howard Cosell.

And just to make sure that horse is dead...dead as an Egyptian doornail....here's one last beating for the poor thing.

"MTM is NG as RN at WJM"

and I don't even have a plot for this one...

except to preface it with BTW and add OMG at the end!

How about a LMAO?

More on a Mary theme:

Not Just Another Pretty Face -- Harry sponsors Kim to promote the employment agency in a beauty pageant "down by the Marina" but when she breaks her ankle in a Mary Jane-related incident, Harry steps in to fill her place and strut his stuff, hoping nobody will notice. Guest Star: Susan Tolsky (Harry's wardobe consultant)

A Boy's Best Friend -- Lucy has many questions for Craig after he lands a job with Ziggy Stardust. Guest Star: David Bowie

Howard Cosell's Famous Broadcaster's School -- The famed announcer, and former paramour of Mary Jane, comes back to the Unique Empoloyment Agency to help him staff a new school for the Howard Cossels of tomorrow.

Lucy's Delinquent -- Lucy is saddled with her niece Patricia after she rebels and flees from her family, which was attempting to hold her captive to guarantee her participation in an ill-advised television variety show. Guest Star: Eve Plumb (Patricia)

One Boyfriend Too Many -- Mary Jane finally talks Lucy into joining her "dynamite" Charm School, but shortly after the first lesson, the place is raided as a front for prostitution. Guest Star: Jodie Gilbert (Charm School administrator)

Once I Had A Secret Love -- Lucy discovers a new journal in her attic that hints that Harry's grandfather was the secret love child of Lucy's great-grandfather. Horrified, Harry takes the entire Carter clan back to Sinclairville, NY for DNA testing. Guest Stars: Don Knotts (Ben), Mary Wickes (Sister Paula), Eve Plumb (Patricia)

A Reliable Source -- Politics proves to be very lucrative for Lucy when Harry announces his challenge to Sam Yorty in the Los Angeles mayoral race. Knowing what she knows, Lucy threatens to reveal all of Harry's dirty laundry in public bit by bit unless she receives a hefty payout. Guest Stars: Sam Yorty (Himself), Rosa Turich (Harry's hispanic maid), Bart Braverman (Maid's 20-something son)

I'm pretty familiar with the MTM episodes but not their titles. I'm going to review an episode guide, so I can fully appreciate what I'm sure is BRILLIANCE...

Some of mine need an LOL-track...

How about a LMAO?

More on a Mary theme:

Not Just Another Pretty Face -- Harry sponsors Kim to promote the employment agency in a beauty pageant "down by the Marina" but when she breaks her ankle in a Mary Jane-related incident, Harry steps in to fill her place and strut his stuff, hoping nobody will notice. Guest Star: Susan Tolsky (Harry's wardobe consultant)

A Boy's Best Friend -- Lucy has many questions for Craig after he lands a job with Ziggy Stardust. Guest Star: David Bowie

Howard Cosell's Famous Broadcaster's School -- The famed announcer, and former paramour of Mary Jane, comes back to the Unique Empoloyment Agency to help him staff a new school for the Howard Cossels of tomorrow.

Lucy's Delinquent -- Lucy is saddled with her niece Patricia after she rebels and flees from her family, which was attempting to hold her captive to guarantee her participation in an ill-advised television variety show. Guest Star: Eve Plumb (Patricia)

One Boyfriend Too Many -- Mary Jane finally talks Lucy into joining her "dynamite" Charm School, but shortly after the first lesson, the place is raided as a front for prostitution. Guest Star: Jodie Gilbert (Charm School administrator)

Once I Had A Secret Love -- Lucy discovers a new journal in her attic that hints that Harry's grandfather was the secret love child of Lucy's great-grandfather. Horrified, Harry takes the entire Carter clan back to Sinclairville, NY for DNA testing. Guest Stars: Don Knotts (Ben), Mary Wickes (Sister Paula), Eve Plumb (Patricia)

A Reliable Source -- Politics proves to be very lucrative for Lucy when Harry announces his challenge to Sam Yorty in the Los Angeles mayoral race. Knowing what she knows, Lucy threatens to reveal all of Harry's dirty laundry in public bit by bit unless she receives a hefty payout. Guest Stars: Sam Yorty (Himself), Rosa Turich (Harry's hispanic maid), Bart Braverman (Maid's 20-something son)

Actually, as funny as yours and Brock's are, it would be so much easier for you two to take the easy way out, every episode of Laverne and Shirley, Absolutely Fabulous and even Kate and Allie are perfectly tailored for any Lucy and Viv involvement, LOL! ALSO, i wish you'd insert Lucy Carmichael in LOST, as she was LOST most of her life anyway and she would have been great as Mama Soprano, no make up needed if done in her later years. OR, Lucy as the bartender on any Cheers episode, of course she gets drunk as she samples the drinks she makes to see if she got them right.

....and of course The Mothers-in-Law!

Archived