Anyone ever written to Lucie or Desi Jr.?

Robert13

Three years ago, shortly after Lucie moved to Connecticut, I saw her in a show in New Canaan and she was absolutely sensational. I wrote to her to tell her so and then kindly requested an autographed picture. After over a year with no reply, I'd given up hope of receiving anything, but then one day out of the blue a lovely and personalized autographed picture of Lucie arrived in the mail. :lucie:

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote to her exactly a month ago and asked if she would mind signing a photo that I enclosed along with a SASE. But, so far, I haven't heard anything. I guess it may be up to a year if she responds. I'm sure she's a busy lady. I will keep you all posted if I receive a response.

• 4 months later...

If anyone is looking for addresses to write to, copy and paste this website address:

http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewforum.php?f=1

This has a search engine -- while it is not foolproof, it is better than most and above all, with all the people using it, it's up to date.

I try to send an e-mail of birthday wishes to both Desi and Lucie; Lucie has replied, year after year, since we met in Jamestown. She, or someone who represents her, has ALWAYS send an e-thanks in return. This year, 2011, I have yet to get a reply to birthday wishes. Might have something to do with asking if she would 'foreword' by chronology, which she 'knows' I'm preparing. I'm certain she's too busy....

JK

• 2 months later...

Lucie was away for over a month around her birthday this year, vacationing in Hawaii. That, and being a round-numbered year for her, she received an overwhelming amount of birthday greetings and wishes. She tries to take the time to respond to everyone personally, but is definitely amidst a backlag.

As for emailing her through the contacts on her website, if you write to her AskLucie email, let me know it's you and I'll make sure she receives it.

Laura

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote Lucie a thank you note after I won Lucy's postcard in the auction. I didn't do it to get a reply; I really just wanted to tell her how grateful I am and to thank her for her generosity. Plus, I know that she is incredibily busy and if she DID reply, I wasn't expecting it anytime soon. So you can imagine how shocked and touched and THRILLED I was when I came home from work today to find a handwritten note for me from Lucie in the mail! :HALKING: :HALKING: :HALKING::HALKING:

I wrote Lucie a thank you note after I won Lucy's postcard in the auction. I didn't do it to get a reply; I really just wanted to tell her how grateful I am and to thank her for her generosity. Plus, I know that she is incredibily busy and if she DID reply, I wasn't expecting it anytime soon. So you can imagine how shocked and touched and THRILLED I was when I came home from work today to find a handwritten note for me from Lucie in the mail! :HALKING: :HALKING: :HALKING::HALKING:

Look again at the "L's", I'll bet they're really Wanda's ! ;)

Of course they -- well, she I'm not up on Jr. -- did.....but that doesn't necessarily mean she didn't sometimes have ...help. Ahem. ;)

Oh i know, they probably sorted them out for her and gave her the best ones only. She replied on a talk show one time that they probably keep the realy bad ones from her.

The note is in Lucie's handwriting (it matches the writing and signature on the certificate of authenticity and on the autographed picture Lucie sent me a couple years ago), so I really have no reason to believe she didn't write it herself! Regardless, I'm still thrilled to have gotten such a quick response! It even looks like she addressed the envelope herself! :lucythrill:

The note is in Lucie's handwriting (it matches the writing and signature on the certificate of authenticity and on the autographed picture Lucie sent me a couple years ago), so I really have no reason to believe she didn't write it herself! Regardless, I'm still thrilled to have gotten such a quick response! It even looks like she addressed the envelope herself! :lucythrill:

I like that, it shows real respect for fans.

Archived